Shades of Doom v4.0 - Flippin' Cool (06-01-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Shades of Doom v4.0 - Flippin' Cool (06-01-21)

Postby Cyanide » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:51 am

drfrag wrote:It gives a strange error. I dunno why, the mod has a lot of PNGs tough.
Code: Select allExpand view
Corrupt zlib stream
Invalid data encountered for texture 1Shades4.pk3:sprites/g cacos/14 caco ghoul/g14cd2
**** DIED WITH FATAL ERROR:
R_InstallSprite: Sprite G14C frame D is missing rotations

Edit: i see the pk3 has over 50K files.

I can't reproduce this error on my end. I've also checked the frames refered to, and there doesn't seem to be any issue file-wise.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Postby drfrag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:18 am

drfrag wrote:Now it runs, it was the shitty XP compatibility toolset.

Like i said it's a compiler issue. Nonetheless i'm not sure if recursion is still a problem, but after renaming the Decorate folder to actors i still kept getting the same error.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby drfrag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:26 am

Netrax wrote:Some spanish blurb.

I think we should talk in english here, not sure about the rules tough. Your english is not bad, i can understand what you say (unless my english is bad too xD).
Thanks, it will run unless they do another release before mine (i will do it in a few days).
I'm in some Doom discords in spanish, such as Kaiser Corporation. I could send you an invitation.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:48 am

Greatly enjoying SoD , this is my most played monster pack by far :wub: :D Have been trying combinations of SoD with Beautiful Doom , Smooth Doom , DRLA , Trailblazer , HnD and a few others :)

I have a few questions ;

1)My doomguy looks like this when I'm playing with SoD , is this a known behaviour ? :roll: (screen for reference)

2)When playing with DRLA , should I disable (don't load) DRLA monsters , or would they work in harmony ?

3)Is SoD compatible with Champions ? (I've been playing along it without noticable issues but , just to be sure)

I'm running LZDoom (latest devbuild)

Thanks for this excellent monster pack , looking forward to any updates 8-)

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Gez » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:10 pm

That's the crouch sprites. Are you crouching in-game, per chance?
Gez

Postby Netrax » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:11 pm

drfrag wrote:
Netrax wrote:Some spanish blurb.

I think we should talk in english here, not sure about the rules tough. Your english is not bad, i can understand what you say (unless my english is bad too xD).
Thanks, it will run unless they do another release before mine (i will do it in a few days).
I'm in some Doom discords in spanish, such as Kaiser Corporation. I could send you an invitation.

Haha, okey man.
Netrax

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Gez wrote:That's the crouch sprites. Are you crouching in-game, per chance?

Seems to happen all the time , including when I'm not crouching

By the way after experimenting for a bit , it seems more likely to be a DRLA issue , because it is the same even after changing SoD monsters to DRLA ones

(It appears normally when playing vanilla or other mods like Beautiful Doom)
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Cyanide » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:46 am

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:1)My doomguy looks like this when I'm playing with SoD , is this a known behaviour ? :roll: (screen for reference)

I think that's an issue with DRLA, not SoD.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:2)When playing with DRLA , should I disable (don't load) DRLA monsters , or would they work in harmony ?

Loading those monsters should most definitely cause problems. Anything related to spawned monsters will most likely cause issues.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:3)Is SoD compatible with Champions ? (I've been playing along it without noticable issues but , just to be sure)

Last I checked it worked just fine.

Glad you like Shades. :)
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Postby RonnieJamesDiner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi, quick question!

I was just curious where the "Warforged" monster came from (one of the Mancubus replacements) -- more specifically, his rocket projectile. I was hoping to find original PNGs of those sprites, prior to being converted to the Doom palette. If there's any chance of finding those, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
RonnieJamesDiner

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Cyanide » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:27 pm

RonnieJamesDiner wrote:Hi, quick question!

I was just curious where the "Warforged" monster came from (one of the Mancubus replacements) -- more specifically, his rocket projectile. I was hoping to find original PNGs of those sprites, prior to being converted to the Doom palette. If there's any chance of finding those, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

I think they are from Necrodome.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Sorry for the bump , but can I ask where SoD stores its settings in the .ini file ?

I've been trying to locate it but no luck identifying so far
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby RonnieJamesDiner » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:20 am

Cyanide wrote:I think they are from Necrodome.

Ah, sorry for the late response. Thanks for the reply, that's exactly where they're from! Cheers :D
RonnieJamesDiner

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Cyanide » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:00 pm

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Sorry for the bump , but can I ask where SoD stores its settings in the .ini file ?

I've been trying to locate it but no luck identifying so far

I'm pretty sure that all variables are called "Cyan<Unique_Name>", so if you should be able to look for them by searching for "Cyan".
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods