Shades of Doom v4.1 (07-09-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: Shades of Doom v1.0.3 - More shady business

Post by dljosef »

Memory's a little fuzzy on the teleporter closet thing. I did have another issue in, concerning mods that utilize timefreeze (such as the DIO mod) where some dead monsters (namely the pinky-class ones) you can't pass through when they're stuck in the first frame of their death animation.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

dljosef wrote:Memory's a little fuzzy on the teleporter closet thing. I did have another issue in, concerning mods that utilize timefreeze (such as the DIO mod) where some dead monsters (namely the pinky-class ones) you can't pass through when they're stuck in the first frame of their death animation.
I think that's an easy fix. Thanks.
Also, dos DIO work correctly with Shades of Doom?
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

DIO does work, provided it's loaded after the mod.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Hi guys. A couple of things.
First, can anybody tell me who made this sprite, and if it's free to use when creditted? I'm having trouble finding the creator.

Second, I'm finding it nearly impossible to properly play test the patches, as they are taking me a long time to make. I would love some feedback from those of you who use them.

Third, I've finished a patch for QC:DE and Metroid: Dreadnought. I'm nearly done with a Samsara patch. I previously said I'd make patches for Guncaster, but it seems a new version is about to be released, which might make my patch obsolete. I'll push making that patch to the back of my schedule, so the new version has more time to be released.

Fourth, thanks for all the bug reports, the suggestions and for playing my mod in the first place! :D

Okay, back to work...
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Cyanide wrote:Hi guys. A couple of things.
First, can anybody tell me who made this sprite, and if it's free to use when creditted? I'm having trouble finding the creator.

Looks like Draugr from Hell-Forged.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

m8f wrote:Looks like Draugr from Hell-Forged.
Thanks!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Quick question: you think you can do a compatibility patch with this mutator mod?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60208
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

dljosef wrote:Quick question: you think you can do a compatibility patch with this mutator mod?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60208
I've just recently noticed that mod. I'll take a look later today. My guess is I can do it. :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, sorry for bumping, but just some nitpick reportings:

- Hectebus mancubi didn't trigger MAP07 boss death event here (gzdoom 3.2pre-333). Haven't checked the code yet.
- Cybernetic Chaingunner has no credits in the roster section.
- Grell Cacodemon has some names over the others.

Also, i think this is the best monster pack ever.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

GAA1992 wrote:- Hectebus mancubi didn't trigger MAP07 boss death event here (gzdoom 3.2pre-333). Haven't checked the code yet.
I can't seem to replicate this? Are you using any of the patches along with the main mod?
GAA1992 wrote:- Cybernetic Chaingunner has no credits in the roster section.
- Grell Cacodemon has some names over the others.
Fixed. Thanks a lot!
GAA1992 wrote:Also, i think this is the best monster pack ever.
I noticed you voted for my mod over at m8f's post. Thanks dude, it means a lot to me! :D

EDIT: I've just taken a look at Life Force. The mod requires some sprites for burned enemies, which becomes kind of a problem with some of the enemies in my mod. I might be able to do something, but I'm afraid it won't look good, since blood color won't match the burned corpses in some cases.

So in conclusion, dljosef, I don't think I'll be making an official patch, but I can make a patch that fixes the Life Force drops for you, if ya wan't it. You'll be missing the custom death animations, but at least the mods will work.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Cyanide wrote:I can't seem to replicate this? Are you using any of the patches along with the main mod?
Sorry, it's not on Doom 2 vanilla. It happened on Consolation Prize PSX TC. Just recreated the bug with another mancubis as well.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Re: Shades of Doom v1.1 - The patch update (04/20/18)

Post by Cyanide »

I've gone ahead and released the new version of this mod. Two things to mention:
  1. Apparently Project: Ironclad has it's own internal monster randomizer. I didn't know that and I don't want to spoil that work, so I'm sorry to say that I won't make a patch for that one.
  2. Guncaster 3.0 hasn't come out yet so I'll have to make a seperate release when that one hits.
New stuff is in the changelog. This update (as the title might suggest) revolves mostly around patches for some gun and/or gameplay mods.
Have fun and keep the feedback and bug reports comin'! :D
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Sweet! New update looks rad. Sucks this isn't compatible with D-touch, though
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Whoah wrote:Sweet! New update looks rad. Sucks this isn't compatible with D-touch, though
Thanks dude! :D
As for D-touch compatibility, I have no idea of what it takes to make Shades work with that. :(
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

There was also a chaingun minotaur sprite replacing the spider mastermind in Herian 2, last I remember.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”