Shades of Doom v4.1 (07-09-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: Shades of Doom v1.0.2 - Chaos Mode fixed... I think

Post by dljosef »

Found that Chaos Mode's working fine.

I'll be looking forward to whatever's next. (Neat icon, by the way.)
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Excellent. With that fixed, I can safely say this is one of my favorite monster mods.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

For the weapon pack equivalent to this mod, I say the pistol start enforcement's necessary to avoid the whole "me-too" trap.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Do you happen to have a playable beta or anything for the weapon mod, Cyanide? I'd love to test it.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

dljosef wrote:For the weapon pack equivalent to this mod, I say the pistol start enforcement's necessary to avoid the whole "me-too" trap.
Right now my prototype gun-mod rolls one time for a full play-through. So the weapons will not change every map.

Also, what's the "me-too" trap?
Whoah wrote:Do you happen to have a playable beta or anything for the weapon mod, Cyanide? I'd love to test it.
I've only made one weapon for every slot. I'd like to at least make 2-3 variants for each weapon before I release anything. But I'll try to remember to PM you when that's done, if you want me to. :)
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Yeah, that works!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

The "me-too" trap is when two different sets of weapons for the same weapon tier are identical in terms of function. (At least that's how I see it.)

Well, I suppose the once-per-playthrough thing'll work fine. But what if the level set in question split the maps into episodes? (Like Valiant, for instance? Particularly the vaccinated edition that allows mod compatibility)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Brohnesorge wrote:Excellent. With that fixed, I can safely say this is one of my favorite monster mods.
It has become my favorite pack of enemies for me as well.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

dljosef wrote:The "me-too" trap is when two different sets of weapons for the same weapon tier are identical in terms of function. (At least that's how I see it.)

Well, I suppose the once-per-playthrough thing'll work fine. But what if the level set in question split the maps into episodes? (Like Valiant, for instance? Particularly the vaccinated edition that allows mod compatibility)
Thanks for the info.
For your question - I guess I'll have to make an option to retain weapons through multiple new games (if it's possible).

On a more general note - I have only just started tinkering with the weapon mod I've mentionen. Until I've made a new post way in the future, I'd like to keep this post to the topic it's intended for. :) I do dig the enthusiasm though, so feel free to PM me if you wan't to give suggestions to the weapon mod. Thank you all.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Will this weapons pack be skins like this mod? Cool idea .... Shade of Weapons?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Why are the patches for Eriguns necessary? Are these for the older non-zscript versions of them? The current 2.0.0 versions don't really replace any monsters it seems. It uses a unidrop script to drop stuff from any custom Masterminds and Cybies.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Someone64 wrote:Why are the patches for Eriguns necessary? Are these for the older non-zscript versions of them? The current 2.0.0 versions don't really replace any monsters it seems. It uses a unidrop script to drop stuff from any custom Masterminds and Cybies.
I've just tested both Eriguns 1 & 2 with the latest GZDoom devbuild, and it seems that my mod clashes with both of them, preventing Masterminds and Cybers from dropping weapons. When playing with the patch, everything works just fine. I just realized that choosing between standart and extendet arsenal in Eriguns 1 doesn't work with my mod, though. So if you want the standart arsenal, don't load the patch...
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

some revenants shoot missiles way too low(fiend shoots from his hips)
also jimmy s jukebox doesnt work with this for whatever reason,when the level starts music stop and when you go to jukebox map to change things you cant its not working
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Gorec wrote:some revenants shoot missiles way too low(fiend shoots from his hips)
Thanks. Will be fixed for next release.
Gorec wrote:also jimmy s jukebox doesnt work with this for whatever reason,when the level starts music stop and when you go to jukebox map to change things you cant its not working
Hmmm. I have no idea why that happens. I'll have to take a look at the Jimmy's Jukebox code to see if I can figure it out.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The issue with the jukebox is the issue you get into any time different ACS libraries have global variables. They use the same and mess up with each others' values.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”