Shades of Doom v4.1 (07-09-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Re: [WIP] 50,9 Quadrillion Shades of Doom v0.6

Post by Cyanide »

New version up. See the changelog for new stuff.
dljosef

Re: [WIP] 50,9 Quadrillion Shades of Doom v0.7

Post by dljosef »

Ah, nice to see the roster growing so far.

Any possible chances to have some possible soundpacks for some of the enemy reskins? (SS replacements for instance) I do have another suggestion as well: an option to have up to three different reskin types available on the enemies per level. Particularly for those shorter mapsets.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

dljosef wrote:Any possible chances to have some possible soundpacks for some of the enemy reskins?

Yes. This is one of the next steps.
dljosef wrote:I do have another suggestion as well: an option to have up to three different reskin types available on the enemies per level. Particularly for those shorter mapsets.
Hmmm. I don't know how that would be coded. Also, it kinda defeats the purpose of doing the randomizer this way in the first place.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

So of course I had to go ahead and completely destroy map07 and all ExM8. 'Couse you know, that's a lot of fun... Should be fixed now. On a brighter note, I've added the option to pair/unpair demons and specters. Seems there was a need for it.
dljosef

Re: [WIP] 815 Quadrillion Shades of Doom v0.8

Post by dljosef »

Well, I kinda figured demons and spectres were basically the same thing.

Oh, and there should be some more archvile variants among others.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

dljosef wrote:Oh, and there should be some more archvile variants among others.
I've been looking, but can't seem to find any good ones. The main problem is the need for frames of both the attack and the raise states (which is why I haven't added the Flesh Wizard from Realm667). Also, I've tried not to include too many recolorings of monsters, since they are not that interesting when stripped of new attacks or other mechanics in the decorate.

There's a flying, green archvile in scoredoom, but it's missing some sprites that make it work as a vanilla archvile. I also found a variant called a "Pain Vile" but it was unfinished. If you find any variants, please share here or in a message. I feel Arachnotrons, Mancubi, Archviles, Spider Masterminds and Keens (lol) are hard to find, though...
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

A good Keen replacement I think would be Melvin from those comics John Romero used to make. I read about him in Masters of Doom but couldn't find much on Google afterwards other than these two. As you can gather from those, he looks kind of like Keen, only he was actually made to be messed up in gruesome ways, so it'd be more fitting to find him hanging and shoot him to bits.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Re: [WIP] Shades of Doom v0.9

Post by Cyanide »

New version is up. Changelog in OP has been updated.

EDIT: BTW, the number of variations broke 1 quintillion. :shock:
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Fixed the initial issues I can ensure that Shades of Doom along with the Final Doomer makes Doom a pleasantly fun experience. :wub:

Just missing a mod to leave the songs random. :mrgreen:
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:Fixed the initial issues I can ensure that Shades of Doom along with the Final Doomer makes Doom a pleasantly fun experience. :wub:
Thanks, man! Glad you're having fun. :D
Doctrine Gamer wrote:Just missing a mod to leave the songs random. :mrgreen:
Maybe this is what you are looking for
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Thank you! I will take a look. :thumb:
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Re: Shades of Doom v1.0

Post by Cyanide »

Version 1.0 is up. Biggest update to date. Compatibility, stealth monsters and in-game roster are some of the bigger additions. :)

Thanks to every one who gave feedback!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Cyanide wrote:Thanks to every one who gave feedback!
Make a mutators: medieval monsters only, creatures only, high-tech monsters only, medieval monsters + creatures, high-tech monsters + creatures. This will give more compatibility with various themed weapon mods. :wink:
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Doomenator wrote:Make a mutators: medieval monsters only, creatures only, high-tech monsters only, medieval monsters + creatures, high-tech monsters + creatures. This will give more compatibility with various themed weapon mods. :wink:
I don't think i understand what you mean. :? Do you want to lock a specific monster combinations from the start, or do you want some of the monsters to be filtered out of the randomizer? Or something else entirely?
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Cyanide wrote:I don't think i understand what you mean. :? Do you want to lock a specific monster combinations from the start, or do you want some of the monsters to be filtered out of the randomizer? Or something else entirely?
No matter how it is will be implemented, with the filter, blocking or deletion. Make a few different mods without certain categories of monsters are generally the easiest way. That would not be certain monsters, which are not compatible with a certain weapon mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”