DarkDoomZ v1.10 [idgames]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: DarkDoomZ v1.6 (custom darkness + flashlight)

Post by Caligari87 »

Thank you for the report, I will check on the room lighting. I believe this may be unavoidable because of how blinking lights are defined in the maps.

8-)
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Caligari87 wrote:Thank you for the report, I will check on the room lighting. I believe this may be unavoidable because of how blinking lights are defined in the maps.

8-)
Not to beat a dead horse, but I do recall darkdoomzv1.2a not having the blinking light issue. I really only noticed this once the flashlight mechanic was introduced into the mod around version 1.4, I think.
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

DarkPh4 wrote:Thank you Caligari87 for the new update, I have really enjoyed this mod.
I didn't find anything posted yet relate to this bug, but every map that has blinking lights, like e1m2 at the labyrinth-like big room in ultimate doom or the trap room at the end of e1m2 (map of chaos ultimate doom), they appear fully illuminated.
Sorry for my english, I'm not a native english speaker :oops:
Thanks for playing my map edits, I haven't messed with DarkDoom and the light mod yet.
DarkPh4

Post by DarkPh4 »

Glaice wrote: Thanks for playing my map edits, I haven't messed with DarkDoom and the light mod yet.
Wow, you're the author of such incredible maps :o . Overkill versions of both Doom I and II are my all time favorites. Your maps are a unique experience, pure entertainment and suffering. I've always wanted to play the missing overkill'ized levels :p
MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

I've just discovered this mod and am really enjoying it. I've encountered one incompatibility issue however, and I don't know enough about pk3s and wads to know where the issue lies. The flashlight lights up sprites and textures fine, but if I combine this mod with another mod that replaced items with voxels, the voxels don't get affected by the flashlight. They get darker in dark rooms, and stay visible in bright rooms, but the flashlight doesn't change their brightness at all, making them look dark even when you're shining it right at them. This doesn't seem to be able to be fixed with load order. I tried loading the voxels before and after, but get the same result. This is the voxel mod in question.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this probably isn't on my end and might be bug with GZDoom. I'm just spawning standard lights. I can't treat right now, will later, but in the meantime have you tried with some other spotlight-using mod (such as Steve's Flashlight) to see if it happens there as well?

8-)
MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

I gave it a shot with Steve's Flashlight, and it behaved identically.Walls, and billboard sprites got lit up. Voxels didn't. Oh well :(
FanDooM

Post by FanDooM »

in sectors where the light is flashing or the honor of something, then this does not happen with this flashlight
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

New DarkDoomZ Release, v1.7!

Release Notes and Download

8-)
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Re: DarkDoomZ (custom darkness + flashlight)

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Setting to enable or disable sector light effects (flicker, pulse, etc). Requires restart.
Took you long enough to fix that
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

You're welcome! :wub:

8-)
FanDooM

Post by FanDooM »

dark doom light became too dark
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

You'll need to be more descriptive, FanDooM. Is there an error or bug happening?

8-)
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

New minor bugfix release, DarkDoomZ v1.7.1

Release Notes and Download

8-)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Glad to see this is still going, I use it with almost everything! Did you ever add a click sound or anything for the flashlight turning on/off?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”