High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby fakemai » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:17 am

That will have the reverse issue of the imp arms looking like coins, and it's because the two have the same sprite name, something that's very easy to do with their 4 character limit. The same issue happens with DoomRL Monsters as it has the same Imp.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:42 am

fakemai wrote:That will have the reverse issue of the imp arms looking like coins, and it's because the two have the same sprite name, something that's very easy to do with their 4 character limit. The same issue happens with DoomRL Monsters as it has the same Imp.


I suspected as much, but I am surprised this is the first time it is happening to me, as I have been playing many gameplay mods in combination with the CyberImp mod.
JohnnyTheWolf
 
Joined: 05 Oct 2015

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby MidKnight91939 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:18 am

Won't work with the latest version of GZDoom.
MidKnight91939
 
Joined: 29 Apr 2021

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby wildweasel » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:30 am

Looks like same error as this with the truncated INDEXFON reference.
User avatar
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby BradmanX » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:46 am

MidKnight91939 wrote:Won't work with the latest version of GZDoom.

Can confirm, it looks like an issue with the font defined in the sbarinfo https://i.imgur.com/lOwXTCn.png

Edit: change the references to INDEXFON into INDEXFONT in lines 1726 and 1727 of sbarinfo and it'll work.
User avatar
BradmanX
 
Joined: 23 Nov 2012

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:54 am

Same error here (indexfon) :cry:

Is this an bug/issue that will be corrected in the next GZDoom devbuild , or is it the new way the file is named and mods will have to adapt themselves to this change ?

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2019

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby BradmanX » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:37 pm

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Same error here (indexfon) :cry:

Is this an bug/issue that will be corrected in the next GZDoom devbuild , or is it the new way the file is named and mods will have to adapt themselves to this change ?

Best regards

No, it seems like references to fonts are more strict than they were when this mod was made and you now need the full font name, in this case, Indexfont, it's a really simple fix, just open it up in slade and fix the references to "Indexfon" in Sbarinfo
User avatar
BradmanX
 
Joined: 23 Nov 2012

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:02 pm

BradmanX wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Same error here (indexfon) :cry:

Is this an bug/issue that will be corrected in the next GZDoom devbuild , or is it the new way the file is named and mods will have to adapt themselves to this change ?

Best regards

No, it seems like references to fonts are more strict than they were when this mod was made and you now need the full font name, in this case, Indexfont, it's a really simple fix, just open it up in slade and fix the references to "Indexfon" in Sbarinfo


Thank you , I just added a T at the end of INDEXFON and was able to get it running again :)
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2019

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby Vodka » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Last edited by wildweasel on Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected [youtube] tag formatting
Vodka
 
Joined: 30 Oct 2021

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adski_drochila, Cardboard Marty, dasho, Hammer7, OmegaZeroXIII, TheAgaures and 18 guests