High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby mofumofu » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks, I didn't know about that option...
mofumofu

Postby Bochulain » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:06 am

Linz wrote:Anyone know any western music packs?

Don't know any music packs, but I do want to say that Flashback to Hell (https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/17 ... k-to-hell/) map 08, Deceptions and Snares sounds like it'd be the soundtrack to HND altogether. Soundtrack credits call it "So Strange" by PRIMEVAL and Jimmy. Not sure if it's just the music, but the level ends up feeling really appropriate too. Ending of FtH doesn't track, though, since it's a "Bad" ending, and Corzo isn't the kind to get stuck that easy.
Captain J wrote:It's true that Dynamite suits both perfectly and retrospectively to the western spaghetti theme, but i think small, light compact hand grenades would do because you throw them quickly and bounce on everywhere in the game. Feels like it's something dyna would never do.

I love the grenades because the anachronism adds to Corzo's planes-hopping persona. They're too modern for a cowboy, and too old for a space marine.

Umm... I'm not a Corzo fanboy. I just like the mod and the last two comments were relevant to Corzo. End of disclaimer.
StroggVorbis wrote:On a side note: In Strife the player has a MaxStepHeight of 16, while all other games have 24. AFAIK, it's not possible to change that inside HND's options menu.

Wait... Was that an unrelated comment, or did I miss a Strife support meta-mod for HND? I'm always looking for something to make Strife worth playing again. Samsara and Guncaster were fun and gave me hope that people still care about that game. It tried so hard and managed to do a lot with the limited tech of the time. If only it had been more fun to play.
Bochulain

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Bochulain » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:35 am

Linz wrote:Anyone know any western music packs?

Oh hey, I was just poking around and found Dinosaur Nerd made this a couple years ago. It contains a western soundtrack:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q3b79lnbx ... r.zip/file

It also nerfs the boomerang, nerfs the bow (HND's sniper rifle) so that it takes two shots to down the weakest enemy, turns the Grasa into a 100% accurate weak hitscan stunlocker, and buffs the shotgun. Then it replaces all the enemies with western variants similarly to "The Western Patch," except it includes enemies that are resistant/immune to your starting loadout, so you'll need either the Gate or the Mask to fight them. So... enternainment value may vary?
Bochulain

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby combolynch » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:04 pm

How do I disable dual grease guns? It's way too op for me.
combolynch

Postby Gollgagh » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:43 pm

open zactors/weapons/wep5-smgs.zsc

go all the way down to the bottom and change the entire Pickup: function from (I've modified mine slightly already)

Code: Select allExpand view
    Pickup:
        TNT1 A 1
        {
            if (CountInv("SMGs") == 1)
            {
                A_GiveInventory("ElBullets",40);
            }
            else if (CountInv("SMG") == 1)
            {
                A_GiveInventory("SMGs",1);
                if (CountInv("UsingSMGs") == 1) { A_SelectWeapon("SMGs"); }
                if (CountInv("SMGAmmo1") > 0) { A_GiveInventory("SMGAmmo2",CountInv("SMGAmmo1") + 60); }
                A_TakeInventory("UsingSMGs",1);
            }
            else
            {
                A_GiveInventory("SMG",1);
            }
        }
        stop;

to

Code: Select allExpand view
    Pickup:
        TNT1 A 1
        {
            if (CountInv("SMG") == 1)
            {
                A_GiveInventory("ElBullets",40);
            }
            else
            {
                A_GiveInventory("SMG",1);
            }
        }
        stop;
Gollgagh

Postby Alptraum » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:30 am

Sometimes i check mod to see if it got updated. NGL it runs good and no need for an update but still... :D
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods