High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 pm

yup that fixed it.
thedeathrunner123
Slowly seeping into the never ending depths of despair and insanity.

Discord: Runner#1366
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Enjay » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Sorry if this has already been mentioined, but I'm getting these messages spamming constantly when I play.

Just a few seconds of play generated an 18,000 line log file.

I have debug messages on, in case that's relevant.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby TerminusEst13 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Oops.

The short of the matter is that HND's ACS uses ye olde CheckInventory method to see if actors exist for Harmony iwad compatibility. It checks every tic, so it's going to spawn a looooot of those.
You'll likely want to turn off debug messages, I completely forgot those were a thing.
I can't remember if this was before CheckExists, well, existed. But if I do another update, I'll have to convert the ACS to use that.

Sorry about that! Thanks for letting me know!
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby SiFi270 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:07 am

SiFi270 wrote:
SiFi270 wrote:I've tried making another compatibility patch, this time for City of the Damned 2, but I've run into a pretty big issue in the fact that you can't switch weapons, which I'm guessing has something to do with this part of the level's ACS:

Is there anything I can do about this?

You guys, it wasn't ACS at all. It was keyconf. So here it is.

I tested some of it and got stuck, so I'm planning to watch a walkthrough on Youtube and then try again.

I've managed to beat the map with all secrets, but as for kills and items I'm not even sure if that was even possible in the original. The biggest issue I had was the keys only being visible on the alternative hud, so I guess I'll have to copy and edit HND's sbarinfo into the patch, unless there's a better way of handling things that I'm hilariously oblivious to? I'm also considering making ammo/weapon drops from the cultists more common.
SiFi270

Postby YasuoProjectX » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:29 am

Can i have the link with Wolfenstein Monsters?
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby armymen12002003 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:43 pm

YasuoProjectX wrote:Can i have the link with Wolfenstein Monsters?

Just look up bratwurst and kriegsland both are here on the fourms man.
armymen12002003
Halt!

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby PinataMeme » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Whenever I play the wad in Doom or Doom 2, I get a message saying "No player classes defined".
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
PinataMeme

Postby wildweasel » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 pm

PinataMeme wrote:Whenever I play the wad in Doom or Doom 2, I get a message saying "No player classes defined".
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Download the latest GZDoom.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby amv2k9 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:40 pm

amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Ardeshir » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:11 am

SOLVED

Hello ! I have tried to use HND with Pirate Doom + the compatibility patch and I got this error :

Code: Select allExpand view
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 21: Class UnderBeerBase has unknown base class HealthBeerBase
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 21: UnderBeerBase: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 30: UnderBeer1: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 41: UnderBeer2: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 52: UnderBeer3: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 63: UnderBeer4: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 74: UnderBeer5: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 85: UnderBeer6: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 96: UnderBeer7: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 107: UnderBeer8: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 118: UnderBeer9: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 129: UnderBeer10: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 140: UnderBeer11: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 151: UnderBeer12: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 162: UnderBeer13: States can only be defined for actors.

I tried different load order with the same result. Any idea that could help ? :)
Last edited by Ardeshir on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ardeshir

Postby SiFi270 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:26 am

What version of GZDoom are you using?
SiFi270

Postby Ardeshir » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:21 am

The last one I think, 3.7. I tried with the 3.6 I still had on my hard drive and got the same problem, maybe an even earlier version could help ?
Ardeshir

Postby Mere_Duke » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:46 am

Ardeshir wrote:The last one I think, 3.7. I tried with the 3.6 I still had on my hard drive and got the same problem, maybe an even earlier version could help ?

The load order should be:
1 - HighNoonDrifter-v1.2c.pk3
2 - Pirates!.wad
3 - HighSeasDrifter.wad
Redownload all files and retry. Tried just now and it works fine with all mentioned versions of gzdoom.
Mere_Duke
Code Inspector

Postby Ardeshir » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Ah, I found the problem : I was using Doom Launcher as a front-end, but apparently, even if the files menu claim to let you choose the load order, it doesn't seem to change anything in the final command it sends to GZDoom and always loaded the files in the same order no matter what I was doing in the GUI. Using a shortcut to GZdoom with the "-file" command line option solved the problem, thanks a lot ! :)
Ardeshir

Postby CanisLaticanis » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Ardeshir wrote:Ah, I found the problem : I was using Doom Launcher as a front-end, but apparently, even if the files menu claim to let you choose the load order, it doesn't seem to change anything in the final command it sends to GZDoom and always loaded the files in the same order no matter what I was doing in the GUI. Using a shortcut to GZdoom with the "-file" command line option solved the problem, thanks a lot ! :)

As a word of advice, I'd recommend using ZDL. It's better than making a special shortcut for every single mod load order you end up with, particularly if you have to use an old version of GZDoom or something.
CanisLaticanis

Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods