High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.1 - Sixguns and Spaghetti

Post by Kroc »

I believe I've found a bug -- if Infinite Basilissa Summon is on, then the super-shotgun always reloads 4 bullets and if you extra-reload, the bullet count remains 4, but it still goes through the animation of putting the shells in.

Could you add additional help (F1) pages to explain what each pick-up is? I find it difficult to tell the health-pack items apart and there's no documentation anywhere to say what some items even are, like the "Dead Radio"???

Lastly, it might be a bad idea, but could we have key-binds for throwing Boomerangs and Grenades at any time, without having to switch weapon? With the Boomerang, you could stun enemies quickly before unloading your guns into them.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Grenades would be pretty bad to have as an always ready option, but the boomerang...
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Kroc wrote:I believe I've found a bug -- if Infinite Basilissa Summon is on, then the super-shotgun always reloads 4 bullets and if you extra-reload, the bullet count remains 4, but it still goes through the animation of putting the shells in.
I'm afraid I can't replicate this, I'm sorry. Is there any more information you can give me?
Kroc wrote:Could you add additional help (F1) pages to explain what each pick-up is? I find it difficult to tell the health-pack items apart and there's no documentation anywhere to say what some items even are, like the "Dead Radio"???
I'd like to add an extra F1 screen, yeah. A couple people have been confused about some weapons and how they work, it'd be nice to have a bit of a guide. Hell, even after spelling it out blatantly on the F1 help screen, a lot of people still don't know that all weapons have the Reload button do things! :D
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

Sorry, didn't give details; it's my fault -- actually I'm playing Strange Aeons, so with the patch too, so it may not be a problem with HND on its own. Re-checking it's stopped doing it now, so don't worry. :S
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

The weapons really ought to be rewritten with inheritance before adding quick grenades and boomerangs. To illustrate how it is now, the whip code is already repeated for (and effectively doubles the code length of) every single weapon.
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

Kroc wrote:Sorry, didn't give details; it's my fault -- actually I'm playing Strange Aeons, so with the patch too, so it may not be a problem with HND on its own. Re-checking it's stopped doing it now, so don't worry. :S
That sounds like a slight issue with SA's infinite ammo buff. It'll always show as 4 if the SS is reloaded while it's active, but it stops after you double-reload and fire when it isn't.
Last edited by Irrevenant on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

I don't get it, how do i summon Basilissa?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Acquire the BFG powerup. Select it. Press "use" (found in the inventory management control setup).
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Very cool mod but I noticed that when I go to the next map all my weapons and ammunition are gone, is there a bug or intentional action?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Actually it's an option, you can toggle it in the "mod options" menu, it should be called something like "force pistol starts" or something like that.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Gollgagh wrote:Fuck up my angle, Senpai, we're going in! (this is the Hexen patch)

Dropbox Mediafire
Spoiler: Stuff I changed
Spoiler: Issues/Edge Cases
I tried to make the patch as delta as possible (only include what files changed), but since a fair amount of inventory management was embedded, I ended up copypasting 99%+ of the code of the weapons that were modified. In an effort to make up for this, I refactored the Fullscreen HUD to use fullscreenoffsets because I am a massive showoff.

==============

Also, one suggestion for Term while I'm here: maybe to limit the ghost weapons, you can have them despawn after 30-60 seconds like the Dark Servant?

Great job Gollgagh, but I have one question whether your patch can only play the standard Hexen campaign or other maps too? I ask this because I tried to pass the Tower of Chaos but after collecting blue and green mana I can not reload the revolver and I do not know if this is because the patch is incompatible with this mappack or maybe it's just a bug
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I actually didn't touch the revolver code with the patch. Make sure that you have Revolver Uses Ammo turned off in the Mod Options.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Gollgagh wrote:I actually didn't touch the revolver code with the patch. Make sure that you have Revolver Uses Ammo turned off in the Mod Options.

Ok, I'll try to do it if I do not do it, I'll let you know
erni945

Post by erni945 »

erni945 wrote:
Gollgagh wrote:I actually didn't touch the revolver code with the patch. Make sure that you have Revolver Uses Ammo turned off in the Mod Options.

Ok, I'll try to do it if I do not do it, I'll let you know

Indeed, this option alone has helped, but could it be worth attaching a mana to the revolver?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Attaching mana doesn't make sense in any context. No starting weapons in Hexen use mana.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”