High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: High Noon Drifter v1 - Oops, I slipped.

Post by dljosef »

The only issue I found with the mod is, concerining Colourful Hell, is that the enemies that drop the boomerang don't really count the weapon as equipped, and yet equipping the actual weapon proper in the spawn spot does count.
badcaradvice

Post by badcaradvice »

The best/worst part of Western-styled weapons mods is I find myself going for the revolver a lot, even if I need something heavier.

Definitely having a blast with this.
MintyFeet

Post by MintyFeet »

Man, I'm having a blast with this. One request though - would it be possible to allow equipping just one grease gun after picking up the second one?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, i am going to download gzdoom 2.5, but when i've tried this with 3.0.0, it crashes every time i use the whip. Obviously some issue on my side, but i think it's worth noting.

EDIT: It's working like a charm on 3.2. Thanks a lot Term. Please, if you would like to use my Flakes Doom compatibility patches for Heretic, Hacx 2.0, Strife, and a lot more of games, feel very welcome. :)
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Techokami
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Techokami »

I love the SSG replacement. It is so goooood.

One thing I would like to suggest is that a different pickup line be used when getting a medical bag while at critical health ("Picked up a well-appreciated medical bag") but that's just me being nitpicky
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Gollgagh wrote:Your lifegem is sliding on its rope a bit, if you change your chainsize from 16 to 7 (width of the tile minus 1), that'll keep it right in place. Also, a bit of interpolation helps wiggle (I suggest interpolate(8)).
That's good to hear, I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Fixed, thank you!
rangerfour wrote:Montaraz reload can't be canceled out as easily as other weapons - whether that's by design; could be based off the clearing power, but after the first double-barrel reload starts you're "locked in" and can't switch out until the animation completes (where as with most other weapons the animation is short enough to flow through or can be canceled out - this can be seen well with the Sierras)
Hmm, that's interesting. It's definitely intended by design, given how much of an earthshaker that thing is, but it certainly stands out compared to the other weapons. I think one thing I might end up doing is make reloading cancellable via whip, with the downside of having to start the reload all over again.
chronoteeth wrote:but theres still a few lil naggling bits that could be attributed to more personal tastes, but honestly push it back from reaching the limelight
Such as? Don't be shy, I don't bite.
dljosef wrote:The only issue I found with the mod is, concerining Colourful Hell, is that the enemies that drop the boomerang don't really count the weapon as equipped, and yet equipping the actual weapon proper in the spawn spot does count.
I'm sorry, I don't think I understand. Can you elaborate, please?
MintyFeet wrote:Man, I'm having a blast with this. One request though - would it be possible to allow equipping just one grease gun after picking up the second one?
This has been a pretty common request, I'll take a look into it! Not sure whether to make it a separate weapon or just have the ability to swap between while in one single weapon, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless.
GAA1992 wrote:Please, if you would like to use my Flakes Doom compatibility patches for Heretic, Hacx 2.0, Strife, and a lot more of games, feel very welcome. :)
That's extremely generous of you! Thank you very much, I may very well take you up on that.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh yeah, almost forgot!

Is it very hard, size bloating to make grenades shootable? Just a nitpick, nothing really serious.
Edit: Just asked this because i wanted to plant traps on my spiders pack hahahahah.

And, how do i transform on... on... you know, that demon.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

GAA1992 wrote: And, how do i transform on... on... you know, that demon.
Use the inventory item.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

In Colourful Hell, the version of the boomerang dropped from the enemies leaves you with just the "catching position" of the weapon as if you threw it. (It still works fine when you pick up the weapon normally, such as in a secret of Map06 of Epic 2)
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

That whip is very satisfying. Much more so than that in a certain other mod. *cough*
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

Not sure if it's intended or not, but if I enable "reload on dry click" and set "gun reloading" to "only for revolver", the revolver doesn't get automatically reloaded when empty.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Yeah, the whip's really good for stunlocking most enemies...though I barely see an improvement in damage when you grab the berserk powerup equivalent.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Hm, not sure why exactly this is happening but whenever I pick up a mask of shadows my whole screen goes black. Already updated to the latest devbuild and it still happens. Haven't quite had the chance to figure out if it's some rendering option I have on my end.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That's weird. In GZDOOM g3.1.0, it just works right.
dljosef wrote:Yeah, the whip's really good for stunlocking most enemies...though I barely see an improvement in damage when you grab the berserk powerup equivalent.
You can whip pinky 4 times to kill it. But when you grabbed Spirit bottle, obviously the damage increases and can kill pinky in 2 whippings. Plus it gives you Regeneration too.
GAA1992 wrote:Is it very hard, size bloating to make grenades shootable? Just a nitpick, nothing really serious.
That sounds cool, but i'm not sure it's gonna be easy to shoot it while it's thrown. It's much faster than a vigorous adult horse!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Captain J wrote:You can whip pinky 4 times to kill it. But when you grabbed Spirit bottle, obviously the damage increases and can kill pinky in 2 whippings. Plus it gives you Regeneration too.
Oh, nevermind. I was a little too busy really kicking ass in my Epic 2 run with Colourful Hell that I hardly notice. Against the really beefy enemies, that is.

And while we're on the subject of grenades, it's REALLY surprising how useful they are if you hurl them into tight spaces from safe spots to royally wreck groups of enemies (or bigger enemies) with the fragments. By the way, with the double-barreled's reload fire, do the shell casing fragments do anything, or are they just decoration?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”