High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
bobindun

Re: [WIP] High Noon Drifter - Drink your milk.

Post by bobindun »

Kinsie wrote:I'm not sure why this wasn't posted here since it was public, but here's half an hour of gameplay footage while playing Strange Aeons.

Im, not sure how to reply since im really new so I hope im not breaking any rules. Anyway, Im playing strange eons as well and I see you have the grease guns, but im three episodes in and haven't found the majority of the weapons, am I doing something wrong?
Gollgagh

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Post by Gollgagh »

If you look inside the patch, there are only five weapon replacements.

SA just doesn't have the full suite of weapons.
bobindun

Post by bobindun »

Got it. Thanks m8
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I wanted a good Wild West-ish mod, and now I have it! Thankees!!!! :D
I wonder if it plays well with the maps from A Fistful of DooM . . .
CasualScrub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

Naniyue wrote:I wanted a good Wild West-ish mod, and now I have it! Thankees!!!! :D
I wonder if it plays well with the maps from A Fistful of DooM . . .
I can confirm, it works wonderfully with Fistful of Doom.
drill558

Post by drill558 »

Absolutely love this mod! Already tried it with Doom and Heretic but I ran into a problem in Hexen no one else seems to have (or at least haven't commented on it yet) where the player doesn't jump high enough to traverse the various ledges. I tried vanilla Hexen and the base classes all jump SUPER high compared to Corzo. Had to noclip my way through the end of Steel Guardian and the weird foggy/not-quite bog area in the Cathedral place.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

drill558 wrote:the player doesn't jump high enough to traverse the various ledges. I tried vanilla Hexen and the base classes all jump SUPER high compared to Corzo. Had to noclip my way through the end of Steel Guardian and the weird foggy/not-quite bog area in the Cathedral place.
Check the "Mod Options", there's a "Jump Mod" slider; changing that to 130 should get you up most standard jumps, I believe.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I was surprised and impressed that you took the time to write new intermissions for Strange Aeons, and very nicely written intermissions too. I dig it.
Copenhagen_Bram

Post by Copenhagen_Bram »

My life will be complete when High Noon Drifter supports Hacx.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

TerminusEst13 wrote: I haven't really had good experiences with the ModDB staff or userbase,
I'm glad it wasn't just me.

IMPIE: Why is there an awkwardly implemented video of my mod suddenly cluttering my news post about the mod update? Site musta glitched out on me. *removes video*

ADMIN: Since you've deliberately sabotaged our attempts to help spread word about your mod, you will no longer be promoted by the staff on this site.

IMPIE: Wait, you guys put the video there and made my post cluttered and unreadable? If I'd known that, I woulda left it alone and sent you a message. Aren't you kinda jumping the gun by instantly penalizing me and assuming I'm a troll?

ADMIN: Dude, calm down. It's no big deal. We didnt' say you can't promote your work. Just that we won't frontpage it anymore or give it any exposure.

IMPIE: Maybe you shoulda talked to me first before completely fucking me over with your ridiculous assumptions then. If this is how you morons operate, I'm taking my shit someplace else. Give your boss a "fuck you" with my compliments, assuming he doesn't agree with my side of this and sack your sorry ass on the spot. *deletes all content from moddb, posts everything on mikestoybox.net*
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I second the Hacx support. =p

By the way, just finished Hexen and Strange Aeons E1 with HnD. Some of the best gaming experiences i could have.

I always loved anachronistic things, and Corzo seems to fit on every timeline. I really love this mod.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Eyup. Hacx support sounds very interesting. Corzo now can be the Cyber-Hacker from the Wild wild west!
ImpieTwo wrote:I'm glad it wasn't just me.
It's official; Mod Db is running by an idiots who thinks everything happening on the site is not a 'big deal'. Sorry to hear that. I never liked that site after some events tbh.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

GAA1992 wrote:I always loved anachronistic things, and Corzo seems to fit on every timeline. I really love this mod.
This mod with any decent map pack can basically be COWBOYS IN (Insert setting here). Gotta love the zdoom community
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Captain J wrote:It's official; Mod Db is running by an idiots who thinks everything happening on the site is not a 'big deal'. Sorry to hear that. I never liked that site after some events tbh.
For me, Mod Db is just a big trashcan. Everyone can upload someone else's content without worrying about credits or copyright. Copypasters copy from copypasters and upload as their own. Nobody's watching this at all. The report button is for beauty only. :D
I have already written to the administration five times to delete my content that is used without permission or without credits.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I'm just gonna drop this here since I am an impatient bastard (and also Term seems to be busy with Booster)

This here's a rework of the HUD code into fullscreen offsets so you can scale any of the HUDs however you please (screenblocks 10 and 11) with some minor tweaks of my own, plus a bonus minimalist HUD with just a health display on screenblocks 12.

Mediafire Dropbox

Load after HND.
Spoiler: Screens

Return to “Gameplay Mods”