High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
twinkieman93

Re: High Noon Drifter v1 - Oops, I slipped.

Post by twinkieman93 »

dljosef wrote:By the way, with the double-barreled's reload fire, do the shell casing fragments do anything, or are they just decoration?
I've seen them hitting enemies as they bounce around. They don't seem to do a whole lot of damage but they might be the thing tacking on just enough extra damage to occasionally one-shot a knight.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Found a pretty nasty bug, shoulder tackling one of those large, fat brown trees as Basilissa causes a "VM EXECUTION ABORTED: DIVISION BY ZERO" error. I was using GZDoom 3.1.0a, btw.

Also, any reason you don't have the inventory bar shown? (other than that you use an item to transform) Makes using add-ons like BOOM POWER, Nameless Lite RPG Mod, and other such mods that add usable items.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

dljosef wrote:In Colourful Hell, the version of the boomerang dropped from the enemies leaves you with just the "catching position" of the weapon as if you threw it. (It still works fine when you pick up the weapon normally, such as in a secret of Map06 of Epic 2)
I'll bring this up with Hege and see if we can figure out what's causing this. Thanks!
NovaRain wrote:Not sure if it's intended or not, but if I enable "reload on dry click" and set "gun reloading" to "only for revolver", the revolver doesn't get automatically reloaded when empty.
Not intended, fixed now. Thanks!
Deii wrote:Hm, not sure why exactly this is happening but whenever I pick up a mask of shadows my whole screen goes black. Already updated to the latest devbuild and it still happens. Haven't quite had the chance to figure out if it's some rendering option I have on my end.
I'm not sure what's causing this. Someone else reported it and we compared .inis, looked at rendering options, and etc, but we couldn't figure out what's going on with it.
Still, I came up with an alternative that takes care of it until I figure it out. In the Optimization section in Mod Options, please turn Vision Effects to "Off".
Cryomundus wrote:Found a pretty nasty bug, shoulder tackling one of those large, fat brown trees as Basilissa causes a "VM EXECUTION ABORTED: DIVISION BY ZERO" error. I was using GZDoom 3.1.0a, btw.
Also, any reason you don't have the inventory bar shown? (other than that you use an item to transform) Makes using add-ons like BOOM POWER, Nameless Lite RPG Mod, and other such mods that add usable items.
I can't seem to replicate this, I'm sorry. I summoned BigTrees and started shoulder-checking them repeatedly, but it never crashed. Were you playing on a mapset that replaced them?
And I don't have the inventory bar shown because, at the time, there was only one inventory option. I should probably do so, though, I've been since made aware of other mods that add inventory stuff. Plus, a couple people have been asking about Heretic/Hexen support, and inventory stuff is kind of mandatory there.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Turns out I had a personal addon that was replacing the trees, forgot I did that as I was basically testing things and completely forgot to undo the replacement. Woops.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
NovaRain wrote:Not sure if it's intended or not, but if I enable "reload on dry click" and set "gun reloading" to "only for revolver", the revolver doesn't get automatically reloaded when empty.
Not intended, fixed now. Thanks!
Still not working. :? For the record, I have "Reload on Dry Click" and "Gun Reloading: Only for Revolver" turned on.

Also, would it be possible to add an option to make the Revolver use bullets?
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Still not working. :?
He hasn't updated the download link yet.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Just trying this now and oh boy does it ever feel slick. This is the kinda stuff that is going to inspire me to get back into Doom modding. Especially that boomerang behavior.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

One thing that's a pet peeve of mine in many a shooter is having a bar represent how much of something you have with no exact number to be found, such as the ones representing your total ammo in this mod. I realize there isn't much room left for numbers, especially for those with a 4:3 or something along those lines monitor, but would it be possible to change this:
To something like this mockup I attempted?

I don't know if 400 is actually the maximum with or without the backpack, but hopefully you can still see my point.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

SiFi270 wrote:One thing that's a pet peeve of mine in many a shooter is having a bar represent how much of something you have with no exact number to be found, such as the ones representing your total ammo in this mod. I realize there isn't much room left for numbers, especially for those with a 4:3 or something along those lines monitor, but would it be possible to change this:
To something like this mockup I attempted?

I don't know if 400 is actually the maximum with or without the backpack, but hopefully you can still see my point.

somethin like this might be perfect, lets u quickglance to see what weapon and ammotype you have in heated battles, but still has a counter free
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

yV1cEV02.png
yV1cEV02.png (4.75 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Or maybe like this? Now it looks stuffy now.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

The weapons that use total ammo are woefully small, mind. Shotgun and SMGs, that's it. Boomerang, revolver, bow, grenades, staff, mask, a total ammo counter would be entirely redundant for them because their ammo count is how much total ammo they have.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I had a love/hate relationship with bars that have no corresponding numbers too until I gave them a fair shot. The bars imo are big enough where you can see at a glance about how much ammo you have.
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

TerminusEst13 wrote:The weapons that use total ammo are woefully small, mind. Shotgun and SMGs, that's it. Boomerang, revolver, bow, grenades, staff, mask, a total ammo counter would be entirely redundant for them because their ammo count is how much total ammo they have.
Would you be able to have it as a toggle for the minimalist hud, kinda like how you have the M, I, and S?

Might as well give folks the option of having it, at least.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

So I started a Hexen game with this weaponset. Mmm, pistols and whips only. Despite that it's been a blast!

Edit: DEAR GOD THAT BOOMERANG. hit reload to throw it more slowly and control where it goes midflight. Once you have a nice wide open area to play with it some, you'll quickly realize it's stupid powerful. You know what's even more powerful? Getting two per pickup on easiest difficulty. It's like PowerBlade all over again.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”