High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Awez

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Post by Awez »

I finally got around to playing some Doom with this mod and holy sweet mother of fuck, I love it; this is the best weapon mod I have ever played. I know this isn't the theme you were going for, but this mod literally feels like you are in a John Woo movie with the explosive weapons, sliding, and dual wielding. It literally makes anything I play it with fun no matter how bad the map is. Please tell me there exists more mods like this, I am not super versed in weapon mods so I wouldn't know.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Bug report. Backpacks don;t give items even with the cvar turned on.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Are you playing in Heretic? Backpacks only give radios in Doom, since you can find radios by themselves in Heretic.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

ok
bricks041059
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by bricks041059 »

Is there a content guide for this mod? Just wondering
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Good Lord--This is probably the closest we'll ever get to an Indiana Jones mod. Looks great. Downloading now :D
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Picked this up again after a large amount of DRLA and I'd really like to see the shotgun reloading behave like it is with DRLA's combat shotgun. Basically you have to hold R to continue loading shells up to whatever you want, and it doesn't have to be to full. Similarly in DRLA, single-shot weapons don't auto-reload so you aren't stuck in its reloading animation if you want to switch weapons.
bricks041059 wrote:Is there a content guide for this mod? Just wondering
A lot of the items and weapons are rough equivalents to the original Doom ones, all you really need to do is have keys bound to fire/altfire reload, zoom, inventory left/right/use, hat throw, and taunt, and F1 explains the other core features like the whip. It's a very good pick-up-and-play mod.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I myself have gotten used to the behavior in most mods where pressing fire stops your reloading, and has the bonus effect of plugging the guy who is interrupting your reloading in the process.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

fakemai wrote:Picked this up again after a large amount of DRLA and I'd really like to see the shotgun reloading behave like it is with DRLA's combat shotgun. Basically you have to hold R to continue loading shells up to whatever you want, and it doesn't have to be to full. Similarly in DRLA, single-shot weapons don't auto-reload so you aren't stuck in its reloading animation if you want to switch weapons.
On the contrary; one of the reasons I like HND is specifically because the weapons don't behave this way. I like being able to reload the whole mag with a single quick key press, and I was massively relieved when the new DRLA update featured a "single shot weapons auto-reload" option.
bricks041059 wrote:Is there a content guide for this mod? Just wondering
Open up the .pk3 with Slade, and take a look at the files in the "zactors" folder - while not exactly a guide, there is some interesting world-building hidden as comments in there.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

The shotgun reload is, in fact, interruptible; it's just not as responsive an interrupt as other mods.

Hold down Fire.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Nobody:
Gzdoom Users:
Me: Erron Black Wins , Flawless Victory, FATALITY
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

As a wild west purist, I can tell you right now: twin grease guns are not very western-like :D Same goes for some of the other weapons here. But this doesn't change the fact, that HND is just awesome. I use it with maps that have that adventure-like feeling, exotic jungle locations, aztec-like architecture etc. Tried it with Avactor and it was a blast. I think I'll give it a spin with Brotherhood of Ruin, too. Thank you.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Any chance the staff will actually set enemies on fire like the magic skull weapon? Something that I REALLY feel is lacking, especially for a weapon that is essentially a magical flamethrower.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Question: What does the "Alternative" BFG spawn do?
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Bobby wrote:Question: What does the "Alternative" BFG spawn do?

It's "Alternate": First spawn is Mask of Basilissa; second and all spawns thereafter are Dead Man's Holster.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”