High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

yup that fixed it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Sorry if this has already been mentioined, but I'm getting these messages spamming constantly when I play.

Just a few seconds of play generated an 18,000 line log file.

I have debug messages on, in case that's relevant.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Oops.

The short of the matter is that HND's ACS uses ye olde CheckInventory method to see if actors exist for Harmony iwad compatibility. It checks every tic, so it's going to spawn a looooot of those.
You'll likely want to turn off debug messages, I completely forgot those were a thing.
I can't remember if this was before CheckExists, well, existed. But if I do another update, I'll have to convert the ACS to use that.

Sorry about that! Thanks for letting me know!
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

SiFi270 wrote:
SiFi270 wrote:I've tried making another compatibility patch, this time for City of the Damned 2, but I've run into a pretty big issue in the fact that you can't switch weapons, which I'm guessing has something to do with this part of the level's ACS:

Is there anything I can do about this?
You guys, it wasn't ACS at all. It was keyconf. So here it is.

I tested some of it and got stuck, so I'm planning to watch a walkthrough on Youtube and then try again.
I've managed to beat the map with all secrets, but as for kills and items I'm not even sure if that was even possible in the original. The biggest issue I had was the keys only being visible on the alternative hud, so I guess I'll have to copy and edit HND's sbarinfo into the patch, unless there's a better way of handling things that I'm hilariously oblivious to? I'm also considering making ammo/weapon drops from the cultists more common.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Can i have the link with Wolfenstein Monsters?
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Can i have the link with Wolfenstein Monsters?
Just look up bratwurst and kriegsland both are here on the fourms man.
PinataMeme

Post by PinataMeme »

Whenever I play the wad in Doom or Doom 2, I get a message saying "No player classes defined".
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

PinataMeme wrote:Whenever I play the wad in Doom or Doom 2, I get a message saying "No player classes defined".
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
Download the latest GZDoom.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Ardeshir

Post by Ardeshir »

SOLVED

Hello ! I have tried to use HND with Pirate Doom + the compatibility patch and I got this error :

Code: Select all

HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 21: Class UnderBeerBase has unknown base class HealthBeerBase
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 21: UnderBeerBase: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 30: UnderBeer1: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 41: UnderBeer2: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 52: UnderBeer3: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 63: UnderBeer4: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 74: UnderBeer5: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 85: UnderBeer6: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 96: UnderBeer7: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 107: UnderBeer8: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 118: UnderBeer9: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 129: UnderBeer10: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 140: UnderBeer11: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 151: UnderBeer12: States can only be defined for actors.
HighSeasDrifter.wad:ZSCRIPT, line 162: UnderBeer13: States can only be defined for actors.
I tried different load order with the same result. Any idea that could help ? :)
Last edited by Ardeshir on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

What version of GZDoom are you using?
Ardeshir

Post by Ardeshir »

The last one I think, 3.7. I tried with the 3.6 I still had on my hard drive and got the same problem, maybe an even earlier version could help ?
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Ardeshir wrote:The last one I think, 3.7. I tried with the 3.6 I still had on my hard drive and got the same problem, maybe an even earlier version could help ?
The load order should be:
1 - HighNoonDrifter-v1.2c.pk3
2 - Pirates!.wad
3 - HighSeasDrifter.wad
Redownload all files and retry. Tried just now and it works fine with all mentioned versions of gzdoom.
Ardeshir

Post by Ardeshir »

Ah, I found the problem : I was using Doom Launcher as a front-end, but apparently, even if the files menu claim to let you choose the load order, it doesn't seem to change anything in the final command it sends to GZDoom and always loaded the files in the same order no matter what I was doing in the GUI. Using a shortcut to GZdoom with the "-file" command line option solved the problem, thanks a lot ! :)
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Ardeshir wrote:Ah, I found the problem : I was using Doom Launcher as a front-end, but apparently, even if the files menu claim to let you choose the load order, it doesn't seem to change anything in the final command it sends to GZDoom and always loaded the files in the same order no matter what I was doing in the GUI. Using a shortcut to GZdoom with the "-file" command line option solved the problem, thanks a lot ! :)
As a word of advice, I'd recommend using ZDL. It's better than making a special shortcut for every single mod load order you end up with, particularly if you have to use an old version of GZDoom or something.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”