High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lwks

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.1 - Sixguns and Spaghetti

Post by lwks »

Gollgagh wrote:Fire3?
Sorry, Weapon Zoom

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Super Shotgun is buggy. If you shot with it it will reload, but if you press reload it will reload again
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

It is not a bug:
TerminusEst13 wrote:Yes, it's essentially a quad shot, four shells at once.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Twirling the revolver is what real badasses do. If you're not constantly twirling the revolver outside combat, you're not playing this mod right.

Fun fact: I originally attached quickdrawing to twirling, and it fired only normal shots at all the targets you roved over ;)
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Vinny commended this mod in the latest "Gettin' Doom With It", and I must say, I don't blame him!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And i'm sure he'll enjoy this spaghetti. Including his beloved fellows! :P
O. Hakubi

Post by O. Hakubi »

I think I found a bug in v1.1b and a search for "exit," "linedef," and "line" didn't turn anything up so here goes.

When playing with "Personal Taste - Forced Pistol Starts - ON" set, summoning Basillissa and crossing an end-of-level linedef (52, W1 Exit_Normal or thereabouts) ends the level (like it should) and resets your inventory to just a pistol start (like it should) but your health and armor carry over from the previous level. This was in MAP14 of Scythe 2, for what it's worth, so I don't think it uses any mapping tricks not from vanilla.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I'll take a look at that, thank you!
Stephen312312

Post by Stephen312312 »

I found a bug: when the GhostReising actor (a ghostly assault rifle spawned by the Dead Radio) dies, the ghost doesn't disappear, but still floats around shooting monsters but doesn't harm them.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Fixed, thank you!
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the last couple of things have all been set in place. I'm just waiting on a couple more reports for testers and a couple more bugfixes, and then I can push the next build out and we can have v1.2! There's been a lot of stuff going in here, and I'm happy to say that it'll be out and ready for people on November 16th!
Thank you all for your support, criticism, feedback, and more. Please look forward to it.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

TerminusEst13 wrote:*Announcement for November 16 release*
GHOST RIDER COWBOY AND HIS THICC DEMON WAIFU IN TIME! SHOOTING MONSTERS N' WUZZARDS N' SHEEEEEEEEEEEET

So is strife gonna be in the near future? :3: or we gonna have to ask amv2k9 AKA "I port every goddamn wad into strife" (Not an insult amv2k9).

P.S. We are allowed to shamelessly rip off use the code here as a basis for other projects or no? Because not many wads seem to use zscript to the extent that you do and without a tutorial, this is kinda our only guide.

P.S.S. any chance for more new guns?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.1 - v1.2 coming November 16!

Post by DoomRater »

I actually thought upon release this mod would serve as a preliminary tutorial for ZScript, considering that's kind of why he was making it in the first place.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, Hot Spaghetti, can't wait for the release! I guess strife is the next, eh? Or maybe Chex Quest, if people wants it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Senpai didn't noticed my grasa sprite ;(
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

insightguy wrote:So is strife gonna be in the near future? :3: or we gonna have to ask amv2k9 AKA "I port every goddamn wad into strife" (Not an insult amv2k9).
I won't say no, because the last time I tried it was years ago and my opinion of it might be better this time around. The advent of ZScript would also likely make modding it and making things for it easier!
Still, it's not something I would actively look forward to doing, so I'm going to say "please don't expect it from me".
insightguy wrote:P.S. We are allowed to shamelessly rip off use the code here as a basis for other projects or no? Because not many wads seem to use zscript to the extent that you do and without a tutorial, this is kinda our only guide.
DoomRater wrote:I actually thought upon release this mod would serve as a preliminary tutorial for ZScript, considering that's kind of why he was making it in the first place.
Please feel free to reference my code as you see fit for whatever you need.
I don't think it'd work as a tutorial since I'm not a programmer and so my code isn't really that good, but if you're able to learn things from it by tweaking and adjusting things then please go right ahead.
If you end up using any of my code in your project, I'd appreciate it if you tossed my name somewhere in the credits, please!
insightguy wrote:P.S.S. any chance for more new guns?
New equipment is pretty much 100% on an "as needed" basis for iwad compatibility. There's a new(ish) weapon coming in v1.2 to fill in a hole that Hexen compatibility caused, for example!
If Strife compatibility happens (which is already an if) and the existing weapons don't really mesh in it or there's a big weapon-shaped hole that needs filling, then I might need to make new guns.
That's a really niche case, though, so please don't count on it!
GAA1992 wrote:Senpai didn't noticed my grasa sprite ;(
I'm sorry, I completely missed it!
Looking back now, though, I appreciate it but I'm really quite fond of the current sprite Mor'ladim made. Thank you, though!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”