Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (Link Restored)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Juvenile Power Fantasy - I Like It Fast...

Postby Retraux Squid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 am

So far, amazing. I do love the expanded AI that's been showcased so far. Though the Imp's active noise seems rather annoying and the SCAR-looking assault rifle seems a bit off in terms of sprite location.
Retraux Squid
A_PosAttack

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:39 pm

something about how the hands on on a lot of the sprites feels off. like it doesnt feel like the palm is holding any of the gun, just the thumb to finger webbing
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Kinsie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:03 pm

chronoteeth wrote:something about how the hands on on a lot of the sprites feels off. like it doesnt feel like the palm is holding any of the gun, just the thumb to finger webbing
The SPAS-12 sprites are a little wonky due to technical issues, yeah. Everything else actually does have the fingers wrapped around the weapon. Often in a freaky, unnatural way because of technical issues with the way I do things. Shotgun Jumping.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Is the RPG-7 in the picture gonna be the BFG-equivalent in this mod?
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby Captain J » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Kinsie wrote:The SPAS-12 sprites are a little wonky due to technical issues, yeah. Everything else actually does have the fingers wrapped around the weapon. Often in a freaky, unnatural way because of technical issues with the way I do things. Shotgun Jumping.
Shotgun Space Program. Much better and newer than Rocket Jump Science, huh?

Anyway Sounds interesting, but i also realized the color of shells while reloading are blue, while others are red.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby skyrish10 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Retraux Squid wrote:the SCAR-looking assault rifle seems a bit off in terms of sprite location.

it's actually a Remington ACR, not a SCAR, in the early demo video
skyrish10
Rinoa

Postby SoulCircle » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 am

This mod is looking awesome so far, Kins! And uhh... It sounded like you gave the imps the female screams from the Goldenaxe on the Genesis.
SoulCircle
Something horrific and pixelated

Discord: SoullessCircle#3979
Twitch ID: deathlordreaper
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby RikohZX » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 am

SoulCircle wrote:This mod is looking awesome so far, Kins! And uhh... It sounded like you gave the imps the female screams from the Goldenaxe on the Genesis.

They seem to be a large variation of Turok 2 dinosaur/dinosauroid sounds.
RikohZX

Postby SoulCircle » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:19 am

RikohZX wrote:They seem to be a large variation of Turok 2 dinosaur/dinosauroid sounds.

Yeah maybe! We can't be sure unless Kinsie tells us... Whichever it is, they still seem fitting.
SoulCircle

Postby Kinsie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:32 am

The Imps use the Raptor sounds from Turok 2. Maybe I'll graft raptor heads to them at some point. Maybe I won't!

I'll probably pull in some sounds from elsewhere to give some more variety to their idle sounds.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby SoulCircle » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 am

Raptor Imps... Raptimps... Yes, I love it. Make all the enemies have dinosaur heads with extremely powerful melee attacks as a mutator... That sounds like absolute chaos there... Cannot wait to see what becomes of this mod, Kinsie!

EDIT: Cacodactyl.... Macupithicus... Spider-Bronto... Cyber-Rex... There's too much to change. Though, this would be hilarious.
SoulCircle

Postby Deii » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:36 pm

G O T T A G O F A S T E R

This looks almost HD-levels of hard while being around three times as funner. CAN'T WAIT FAST ENOUGH. MY BONES ARE MELTING DUE TO HOW FAST I AM WAITING.
Deii

Discord: Deii #0915

Postby chronoteeth » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Kinsie wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:something about how the hands on on a lot of the sprites feels off. like it doesnt feel like the palm is holding any of the gun, just the thumb to finger webbing
The SPAS-12 sprites are a little wonky due to technical issues, yeah. Everything else actually does have the fingers wrapped around the weapon. Often in a freaky, unnatural way because of technical issues with the way I do things. Shotgun Jumping.

are a lot of these using edited hands from the big hand sprite resource sheet?
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Kinsie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:33 am

chronoteeth wrote:
Kinsie wrote:

are a lot of these using edited hands from the big hand sprite resource sheet?
All of the weapons and hands are model rips done using a wide variety of kludges in Source Filmmaker. A good chunk of the animation is done with offsets and TEXTURES to try and keep that sprite feel, though. The results definitely vary, but it's different from everything else so I'm pretty happy so far.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby chronoteeth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:17 am

Kinsie wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:
Kinsie wrote:something about how the hands on on a lot of the sprites feels off. like it doesnt feel like the palm is holding any of the gun, just the thumb to finger webbing

All of the weapons and hands are model rips done using a wide variety of kludges in Source Filmmaker. A good chunk of the animation is done with offsets and TEXTURES to try and keep that sprite feel, though. The results definitely vary, but it's different from everything else so I'm pretty happy so far.

was gonna say, if you have a single idle sprite I can see if I can edit something to fit the initial idle frame if you'd like
chronoteeth
abubub

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods