Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (Link Restored)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lime

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (p10)

Post by Lime »

For some Reason, I played this with some maps. But while changing settings a bit, i encounter some bugs.
a.) With the No Reload Option, Resistance Combat Rifle has the "cocking" sound while firing. it keeps going and I know it's for knowing that you're almost running out of bullets in one mag.
b.) Changing Mutators, While Weapons are empty then I have a fresh ammo, there's a bug that it doesnt "clip in" from the type of weapon you chose.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Ammo counter is weird. Reserve ammo is actually total and you can reload if you are at 0. It fills the bar, but obviously you can't shoot because you have 0 ammo.
DoodGuy

Post by DoodGuy »

You should really add a cvar that makes monsters not go like a racing car
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

DoodGuy wrote:You should really add a cvar that makes monsters not go like a racing car
Incorrect answer.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

On the other hand, a cvar that makes monsters make race car noises when running would be amazing.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And make them sitting in the air and pretending they're driving their new ride. :P
FFFFRRRR

Post by FFFFRRRR »

Why do the cacodemons have cat sounds?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Because their name can be pronounceable as 'Cat-Co-Demon'? I dunno. Heheh.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Well, I knew I've been saying it weird. I've always said "Cock-o-demon". And, uhh... We don't need those kinds of noises. We really don't need chicken noises.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

FFFFRRRR wrote:Why do the cacodemons have cat sounds?
Because all Cacodemons are kawaii baka nekos. Obviously.

...I couldn't think of a better/sillier/more appropriate sound to give them at that exact time.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

To be fair Besides Big Cats, small cats' hissing or fiercely meowing can be sound terrifying. Especially if they're really terrified. Have you ever heard Screaming Cat video? Freaky as hell.

... Other than that, Cacodemons with cat sound are kinda good enough.
Kinsie

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (Link Removed)

Post by Kinsie »

You're probably aware by now that new rules are coming into place regarding usage of assets from commercial games. The exact details are not in stone just yet, and the forum staff have been fairly cagey about what's planned, but if they're anything like last time this was tried, then they will rule out assets from games released within X number of years (I think it was five last time?), which will almost certainly rule out Doom 2016 content, among other things used. As such, to avoid being banned when such rules come into play (assuming that they will be applied fairly and equally, of course), I've removed the download links to this mod. This might seem overly precautious or paranoid given the reasons or cause, but I have enough marks against my ZDoom Forums account that taking chances is a terrible idea.

If you're looking for this mod, you'll have to look harder. If you have a problem with this, I'm not the person to take it to. Sorry, but that's just how it is.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

What a shame... But it's been fun to play this unique and jolly fun mod. It seemed like there are no problems with the mod, but now i can see it. I'm sure there was a way to make this mod less-problematic and intact, but if that's a good solution, i won't stop you. But still...
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Kinsie wrote:Ywhich will almost certainly rule out Doom 2016 content, among other things used.
Does that mean that mods like D4T, Argent or even metadoom will be affected? Fuck.

Will you post the link back up if the mods give express permission to distribute this mod?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

insightguy wrote:Does that mean that mods like D4T, Argent or even metadoom will be affected? Fuck.
If the new rules, whatever they are, are applied fairly and equally and also effect mods that get awards and external publicity, probably. I've already removed MetaDoom just in case, partly because I'd rather look out for number one and partly because it frankly won't be mourned.
insightguy wrote:Will you post the link back up if the mods give express permission to distribute this mod?
I've fallen for that trick before.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”