Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (Link Restored)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Juvenile Power Fantasy - I Like It Fast...

Post by Kinsie »

potetobloke wrote:What is the SBAR mugshot guy supposed to be?
The mugshot changes based on what you set your gender to in Player Options. The mugshot shown in the video is for the "other" gender, which casts you as a robot or cyborg or something along those lines.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Oh okay now I understand, I thought it was a skeleboner.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

v0 "Skeleton" (05/08/2017) - 14mb
Changelog wrote:v0 "Skeleton" (05/08/2017)
Initial Release.

This is an "early" release, a skeleton of my final vision, that aims to get some feedback that I can apply while slapping more meat onto the bones.
No trailer this time, saving that for v1. Remember to press F1 to learn how to play!
Redead-ITA

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v0 "Skeleton": Find Some Meat! (p

Post by Redead-ITA »

Cool im trying this its pretty fun

but...

I found a bug

Gibs who have falled down to a ground in which can be rasied down can't follow said Ground
instead they just float
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Things I like:
  • Reload checking animation
  • Silly melee visuals
  • Fast paced gameplay
  • Death screen and music
  • Random stuff boxes
  • Extensive amount of inventory items
  • The wonderful blood patterns the high arching blood creates on walls and floors
Things I find middling:
  • The different ammo balance
  • Lack of clip preview in hud (don't know how many bullets are in your gun until you check)
  • Different spectre effect
  • What's written on stuff crates (probably would look nicer with ?s on it or something instead of the massive amount of text)
Things I wasn't so into:
  • Shotgun firing feedback (I feel like the shotgun recoil and positioning for cocking should be more separate)
  • How hard it is to see through your gun smoke when dynamic lights are on
  • How weak the tazer is
  • How quick melee is capable of knocking imps up in such a way they they get on top of you and start meleeing you to death from standing on your head
  • HUD's aspect ratio (I'm using 16:9 and it's not touching the edges of the screen)
As cool as the quick melee is I think it should be moved to its own slot (and have autofire enabled) and use the taser for the quick attack bind instead (would also mean you'd have to implement a separate chainsaw weapon which wouldn't be so bad since the taser doesn't really fill the role of dedicated strong melee all that well). Would make the taser a lot more fun to use and would promote using melee more when you get the berserk effect or something. Otherwise it would be nice to at least buff the speed at which you can pull the taser out and put it back so you can actually shoot your stunned enemies instead of them recovering before you can pump them full of lead.

Would be really fun to have more directional (more horizontally oriented) bloodsprays that happen when you use a strong weapon on an enemy standing near a wall (like a super shotgun) so when you shoot them the end result is the end wall kinda shows it with a spray going away from the direction you shot the enemy at.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Clip preview isn't really possible with the way I've implemented things without rewriting the HUD in ZScript. This will have to happen at some point.

You can switch away from the Taser instantly while it's lowered and recharging after a zap. I think this is one of the random Game Over tips.

Quick Melee is planned to be changed at some point so that it'll do three hit combos like the Hexen warrior fist, and only the third hit will knock enemies back.

I want to replace the Spectre entirely with a new monster, just not sure what right now.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Played Don's Challenge, have we?
Spoiler:
Spoilered for people who ant to find out on their own.
Last edited by TheAdmantArchvile on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Amazing work as the usual Kinsie mods.

Not so important, but here's a suggestion: The SPAS should have stronger sounds. It kinda fades on the gameplay. Other than that, i have no complains sir.
badcaradvice

Post by badcaradvice »

Testing this with TVR and had to rethink numerous battles just based on enemies being far more dangerous. Managed to scrape by on more than a few battles, but coming out on top was great. I'd say this mod is having the desired effect!

I don't have much to comment on in terms of any bugs I've encountered or ideas, though I will ask: Do you have any plans to add more weapons? Right now only the shotgun has options (as far as I've seen), though I'd say the weapon layout as is works pretty well.

Great work so far!
mekanchest

Post by mekanchest »

hey kinsie, nice work i played with Dump 2 and its fun tu play :D, i found a bug.
when you pick the shotgun, you can´t pick the super shotgun. and the same thing pass if you pick the super shotgun first.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Speaking of more weapons, i'm expecting the explosive and wackiest weapons that would surpass the Metal Gear Russian Overkill. :P

Just saying! The mod looks great and got no complaints to gripe aboot.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by Brohnesorge »

mekanchest wrote:hey kinsie, nice work i played with Dump 2 and its fun tu play :D, i found a bug.
when you pick the shotgun, you can´t pick the super shotgun. and the same thing pass if you pick the super shotgun first.
iirc That is intentional. You have to decide on it!

Onto the mod, its great stuff! I agree though that the SG should feel beefier. It feels a lot wimpier then it is. A deeper sound or some slight shake or something would go a long way.

SF sounds on pinky is great, too. I legit laughed when I heard it.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Kinsie Strikes again with another gameplay mod to play! Yes!!!

- The Sad thing is picking up the SSG.
P.S - Can you add the "slide" in controls? it kinda bugs me for sliding than sprinting.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Played Don's Challenge, have we?
Yup! It's nice to reference the other Cory Whittle mod sometimes.
badcaradvice wrote:I don't have much to comment on in terms of any bugs I've encountered or ideas, though I will ask: Do you have any plans to add more weapons? Right now only the shotgun has options (as far as I've seen), though I'd say the weapon layout as is works pretty well.
Yeah, more options are definitely planned. A chainsaw and a flamethrower will probably be next on the list.
mekanchest wrote:hey kinsie, nice work i played with Dump 2 and its fun tu play :D, i found a bug.
Not a bug, you can only hold one weapon in each slot. Make sure you bind your "drop weapon" key!
Lime

Post by Lime »

kinsie wrote:Not a bug, you can only hold one weapon in each slot. Make sure you bind your "drop weapon" key!
- makes sense why you cant pickup the shotgun, only one weapon in the slot.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”