Karnak - Gameplay Mod for Heretic/Hexen/Deathkings

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Whoah

Re: Karnak - Gameplay Mod for Heretic/Hexen/Deathkings

Post by Whoah »

TFP wrote:Also there appears to be some kind of issue with Ren's player sprites not showing up in game and on the class select, her sprites only show a glitchy colored crouching sprite of another character.
I think I know the issue. Your GZdoom might need to be updated. Or make sure you're at least using 3-0-1
TFP

Post by TFP »

Whoah wrote:
TFP wrote:Also there appears to be some kind of issue with Ren's player sprites not showing up in game and on the class select, her sprites only show a glitchy colored crouching sprite of another character.
I think I know the issue. Your GZdoom might need to be updated. Or make sure you're at least using 3-0-1
Tried updating it and playing it out, nope. still not showing up in game, though the class select works fine now.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

TFP wrote:
Whoah wrote:
Tried updating it and playing it out, nope. still not showing up in game, though the class select works fine now.
Well shit. I'm at a loss then.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I know what the problem is: I'm an idiot and I misspelled the sprite name in her decorate file. The sprite set is SBTC, not SBCT. Should be fixed within the hour, along with a couple other things.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Put together a list of wads that best mesh with Karnak besides the original iwads. Load up Karnak with any of these for a good time/challenge:

HERETIC
Call of the Apostate
Dark Deity's Bastion
Realm of Parthoris
Wayfarer
Masters of Chaos (music fix)

HEXEN
Vaults
Shannara
Vicerus (music fix)
Wolfen

EDIT: Added a music fix patch for Vicerus and MoC so i don't have to mess with the original wads. Just add the respective patch to the end of the wad loading queue for the proper Karnak music if you want.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Somewhat minor update, but a much needed update nonetheless.

- Tripod Cannon has a new graphic that makes it look a little bit more space-age.

- Hexen/Deathkings chessboard sequence has appropriate graphics for the new heroes now.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

ImpieTwo wrote:- Tripod Cannon has a new graphic that makes it look a little bit more space-age.
You might want to use these two sprites (some color correction plus an illuminated fire-state sprite) ;)
TP92A0.png
TP92A0.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 792 times
TP92B0.png
TP92B0.png (6.63 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Cheers man!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Bug detected: when playing as Maa'hes in Hexen, my starting weapon is the snake-staff-thing instead of the machete...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

willkuer wrote:You might want to use these two sprites (some color correction plus an illuminated fire-state sprite) ;)
Thanks! I'll give these a shot.
AvzinElkein wrote:Bug detected: when playing as Maa'hes in Hexen, my starting weapon is the snake-staff-thing instead of the machete...
That's really strange. It doesn't happen when I play it. Are you using Gzdoom?
Korell

Post by Korell »

ImpieTwo wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:Bug detected: when playing as Maa'hes in Hexen, my starting weapon is the snake-staff-thing instead of the machete...
Doesn't happen for me either, I get the machete. I'm on GZDoom 3.7.2.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Korell wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:
Doesn't happen for me either, I get the machete. I'm on GZDoom 3.7.2.
I was using karnak hexen.pk3 and vicerus kptch.pk3 alongside GZDoom 3.7.2
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Using both those wads still gives me the machete. You're sure you didn't just pick the wrong character somehow? Is it doing it consistently?
Korell

Post by Korell »

Loading up Hexen using both karnak hexen.pk3 and vicerus kptch.pk3 still works fine for me. Though I did notice that the machete alerts enemies when you use it even though I wouldn't expect swinging a machete in the air to do so.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Another update: fixed up the Crimson Witches' attacks. In Hexen/Deathkings they fire a few Bishop projectiles, and in all three mods their arballista shots are half speed.

Also lengthened the Leonid's stun state so automatic weapons pin them down better.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”