Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Updated 27/06/18)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby GAA1992 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:03 am

Oh, i see, Blood Order is also a medal for war merits. Well, the name of the mod is actually meant to specify a order (like in a tyranny) made with blood (and not blood as an ancestors thing).

That's why i wanted to call it Blood Order.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby GAA1992 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Bumping because, as requested, i did a little set of sprites (for the single version, not akimbos) of the StG-60.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h14b5uy7czjtdnt/Alternate+STG.pk3

Just load it after the main file, nothing else (or change the sprites in the pk3 if you know how). The akimbos didn't changed because i am lazy it's a folding stock. Guess you didn't knew about it!
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby willkuer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Re. Poll:

Was soll der Titel denn bedeuten? What meaning (narrative) do you intend to convey with the title? "Blutorden" means something along the lines of Brotherhood of Blood but "Orden" can also mean (service) medal; however, personally, I feel it sounds more like the kind of title you would give a Knights of the Round like fantasy story gone B-movie territory (vampires and werewolfs and shit) :D "Blutordnung" means Order of the Blood in the sense of law (and order), bloodlines, heritage etc.. This, as a German speaking person, I'd rather let slide as some B-movie-ish title in the style of Dead Snow (nazi zombies) or maybe even as an adventure flick (think Indiana Jones but satire) with a grain of Tarantino brutality, which means it'd fit better with the Wolfenstein: New Order theme ;)

Either way, both are grammatically correct. It's only semantics you should worry about. I'd rather worry about the term "Kriegsland". It's a valid noun, since you can string nouns together in German. But what's your story/narrative behind it? To me it doesn't make much sense... meaning Land of (the) War or War Country/Nation of War if translated semantically.
Last edited by willkuer on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby GAA1992 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Well, i wanted to represent the "Blood" in a violent way, like, something that was made under blood and violence. Like "Bloody", but not exactly.

As for the Order, i wanted it to sound like a order in the tyranny, empire, dictatorship, law sense of the word. The feedback i got in the very beggining from an user was that, "ordnung" translated to something organized, clean, tidy.

And when Cherno talked about it again, it made me think twice on changing the mod name. =p

So i think i'll let the people decide. :D
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby willkuer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:17 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Well, i wanted to represent the "Blood" in a violent way, like, something that was made under blood and violence. Like "Bloody", but not exactly.

As for the Order, i wanted it to sound like a order in the tyranny, empire, dictatorship, law sense of the word. The feedback i got in the very beggining from an user was that, "ordnung" translated to something organized, clean, tidy.

And when Cherno talked about it again, it made me think twice on changing the mod name. =p

So i think i'll let the people decide. :D


Sorry, had to edit my previous post with an addition ;)

Yeah, the meaning of Ordnung is orderly, tidy, like a kids room can be tidy or a mess. "Mach' erst mal in deinem Zimmer Ordnung!" = "Clean/tidy up your room first!"
I too would let the folks decide, just giving my 2 cents since I happen to speak German ^^ (though, I'm Austrian, so Germans might argue that :D )
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby GAA1992 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:27 pm

So, the "land" translates directly to Country? Now that's interesting. I thought it was something along "Battlefield/Warzone".

I actually have a thing or two about it written, but nothing fancy. It's pretty much some of the events from the TNO timeline extended some years, while some are tottaly changed.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby willkuer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:35 pm

GAA1992 wrote:So, the "land" translates directly to Country? Now that's interesting. I thought it was something along "Battlefield/Warzone".

I actually have a thing or two about it written, but nothing fancy. It's pretty much some of the events from the TNO timeline extended some years, while some are tottaly changed.


Country/county/region/landscape, something along those lines ("Niemandsland" is a term heavily influenced by WW1 battlefields meaning "nomans land", the region between the frontlines). But in a more general sense it also means "nation" or, with a federal government, "federal state". What you are looking for, I think, is "Feld" like in "Schlachtfeld" (battlefield), warzone translates to "Kriegsgebiet". I really don't have a good idea myself other than leave it as is. It sounds like an American actor trying to speak English with a German accent :D It's brutally comical, I like that ^^
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby GAA1992 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

HAHAHAHAHA, well, it's cheesy. I like it too.

So would "Kriegsfeld" be a good one? =v

I just remembered of THIS:



:p
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby willkuer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 pm

GAA1992 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA, well, it's cheesy. I like it too.

So would "Kriegsfeld" be a good one? =v

I just remembered of THIS:

*snip youtube link*

:p


AAAHAHAHAHA exactly that kind of humor :D
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby armymen12002003 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Quick suggestion you could have the Ubersoldaten Nazis throw grenades at you.
User avatar
armymen12002003
What?
 
Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Location: Escaping from Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby erni945 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:27 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Bumping because, as requested, i did a little set of sprites (for the single version, not akimbos) of the StG-60.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h14b5uy7czjtdnt/Alternate+STG.pk3

Just load it after the main file, nothing else (or change the sprites in the pk3 if you know how). The akimbos didn't changed because i am lazy it's a folding stock. Guess you didn't knew about it!



Thank you that you listened to my suggestion and that you did a separate set of sprites for STG, it looks very good and if I did, I voted to change name into your mod on "blutorden", in my opinion it sounds better :)
erni945
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Location: Poland

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby GAA1992 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm

@armymen

I don't plan to mess with enemy behaviour for now.

@erni945

Oh, that's great. Well, the changes in the name are all done already. I am just going to wait for the final day.

BTW, had to bump here because the user armymen12002003 just sent me the link to a music pack he made using the same Demonsteele system, and it has fast paced techno and orchestral music from fear 1&2 and area 51. It's really cool, you guys should give it a try.

The link is here, and as usual, on the "Add-ons" section in the front page.

*EDITED, SEE LINK ON NEXT PAGE*

Have Fun!
Last edited by GAA1992 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Postby armymen12002003 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm

GAA1992 wrote:@armymen

I don't plan to mess with enemy behaviour for now.

BTW, had to bump here because the user armymen12002003 just sent me the link to a music pack he made using the same Demonsteele system, and it has fast paced techno and orchestral music from fear 1&2 and area 51. It's really cool, you guys should give it a try.

The link is here, and as usual, on the "Add-ons" section in the front page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11kJsg2vGHRwhA9xDxTQ5G6UXFFSWmpcZ/view

Have Fun!


Oh i see couldn't hurt to give suggestion and yea it took me a few days to get that music pack together lol
User avatar
armymen12002003
What?
 
Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Location: Escaping from Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18)

Postby GAA1992 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Don't take it wrong. The main reason why i am avoiding working new enemies/weapons is because of something i've posted on the WIP thread.

But i am really not rushing it. Otherwise i will surely stop working it. I hate outside pressure.

Spoiler:


All suggestions are noted down on my computer, and most of the resources are gathered. So i am giving it some touches and someday i'll bring a beta. =p
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18)

Postby armymen12002003 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:14 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Don't take it wrong. The main reason why i am avoiding working new enemies/weapons is because of something i've posted on the WIP thread.

But i am really not rushing it. Otherwise i will surely stop working it. I hate outside pressure.

Spoiler:


All suggestions are noted down on my computer, and most of the resources are gathered. So i am giving it some touches and someday i'll bring a beta. =p


oh im not i completely understand dude take your time also i'm loving that title screen.
User avatar
armymen12002003
What?
 
Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Location: Escaping from Castle Wolfenstein

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoneofMalkav, DanilerTr2, Yandex [Bot] and 10 guests