Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18) NEW POLL ADDED!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, i see, Blood Order is also a medal for war merits. Well, the name of the mod is actually meant to specify a order (like in a tyranny) made with blood (and not blood as an ancestors thing).

That's why i wanted to call it Blood Order.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Bumping because, as requested, i did a little set of sprites (for the single version, not akimbos) of the StG-60.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h14b5uy7c ... te+STG.pk3

Just load it after the main file, nothing else (or change the sprites in the pk3 if you know how). The akimbos didn't changed because i am lazy it's a folding stock. Guess you didn't knew about it!
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Re. Poll:

Was soll der Titel denn bedeuten? What meaning (narrative) do you intend to convey with the title? "Blutorden" means something along the lines of Brotherhood of Blood but "Orden" can also mean (service) medal; however, personally, I feel it sounds more like the kind of title you would give a Knights of the Round like fantasy story gone B-movie territory (vampires and werewolfs and shit) :D "Blutordnung" means Order of the Blood in the sense of law (and order), bloodlines, heritage etc.. This, as a German speaking person, I'd rather let slide as some B-movie-ish title in the style of Dead Snow (nazi zombies) or maybe even as an adventure flick (think Indiana Jones but satire) with a grain of Tarantino brutality, which means it'd fit better with the Wolfenstein: New Order theme ;)

Either way, both are grammatically correct. It's only semantics you should worry about. I'd rather worry about the term "Kriegsland". It's a valid noun, since you can string nouns together in German. But what's your story/narrative behind it? To me it doesn't make much sense... meaning Land of (the) War or War Country/Nation of War if translated semantically.
Last edited by willkuer on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, i wanted to represent the "Blood" in a violent way, like, something that was made under blood and violence. Like "Bloody", but not exactly.

As for the Order, i wanted it to sound like a order in the tyranny, empire, dictatorship, law sense of the word. The feedback i got in the very beggining from an user was that, "ordnung" translated to something organized, clean, tidy.

And when Cherno talked about it again, it made me think twice on changing the mod name. =p

So i think i'll let the people decide. :D
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

GAA1992 wrote:Well, i wanted to represent the "Blood" in a violent way, like, something that was made under blood and violence. Like "Bloody", but not exactly.

As for the Order, i wanted it to sound like a order in the tyranny, empire, dictatorship, law sense of the word. The feedback i got in the very beggining from an user was that, "ordnung" translated to something organized, clean, tidy.

And when Cherno talked about it again, it made me think twice on changing the mod name. =p

So i think i'll let the people decide. :D
Sorry, had to edit my previous post with an addition ;)

Yeah, the meaning of Ordnung is orderly, tidy, like a kids room can be tidy or a mess. "Mach' erst mal in deinem Zimmer Ordnung!" = "Clean/tidy up your room first!"
I too would let the folks decide, just giving my 2 cents since I happen to speak German ^^ (though, I'm Austrian, so Germans might argue that :D )
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

So, the "land" translates directly to Country? Now that's interesting. I thought it was something along "Battlefield/Warzone".

I actually have a thing or two about it written, but nothing fancy. It's pretty much some of the events from the TNO timeline extended some years, while some are tottaly changed.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

GAA1992 wrote:So, the "land" translates directly to Country? Now that's interesting. I thought it was something along "Battlefield/Warzone".

I actually have a thing or two about it written, but nothing fancy. It's pretty much some of the events from the TNO timeline extended some years, while some are tottaly changed.
Country/county/region/landscape, something along those lines ("Niemandsland" is a term heavily influenced by WW1 battlefields meaning "nomans land", the region between the frontlines). But in a more general sense it also means "nation" or, with a federal government, "federal state". What you are looking for, I think, is "Feld" like in "Schlachtfeld" (battlefield), warzone translates to "Kriegsgebiet". I really don't have a good idea myself other than leave it as is. It sounds like an American actor trying to speak English with a German accent :D It's brutally comical, I like that ^^
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

HAHAHAHAHA, well, it's cheesy. I like it too.

So would "Kriegsfeld" be a good one? =v

I just remembered of THIS:

:p
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

GAA1992 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA, well, it's cheesy. I like it too.

So would "Kriegsfeld" be a good one? =v

I just remembered of THIS:

*snip youtube link*

:p
AAAHAHAHAHA exactly that kind of humor :D
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Quick suggestion you could have the Ubersoldaten Nazis throw grenades at you.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Bumping because, as requested, i did a little set of sprites (for the single version, not akimbos) of the StG-60.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h14b5uy7c ... te+STG.pk3

Just load it after the main file, nothing else (or change the sprites in the pk3 if you know how). The akimbos didn't changed because i am lazy it's a folding stock. Guess you didn't knew about it!

Thank you that you listened to my suggestion and that you did a separate set of sprites for STG, it looks very good and if I did, I voted to change name into your mod on "blutorden", in my opinion it sounds better :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@armymen

I don't plan to mess with enemy behaviour for now.

@erni945

Oh, that's great. Well, the changes in the name are all done already. I am just going to wait for the final day.

BTW, had to bump here because the user armymen12002003 just sent me the link to a music pack he made using the same Demonsteele system, and it has fast paced techno and orchestral music from fear 1&2 and area 51. It's really cool, you guys should give it a try.

The link is here, and as usual, on the "Add-ons" section in the front page.

*EDITED, SEE LINK ON NEXT PAGE*

Have Fun!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armymen12002003

GAA1992 wrote:@armymen

I don't plan to mess with enemy behaviour for now.

BTW, had to bump here because the user armymen12002003 just sent me the link to a music pack he made using the same Demonsteele system, and it has fast paced techno and orchestral music from fear 1&2 and area 51. It's really cool, you guys should give it a try.

The link is here, and as usual, on the "Add-ons" section in the front page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11kJsg2 ... WmpcZ/view

Have Fun!
Oh i see couldn't hurt to give suggestion and yea it took me a few days to get that music pack together lol
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Don't take it wrong. The main reason why i am avoiding working new enemies/weapons is because of something i've posted on the WIP thread.

But i am really not rushing it. Otherwise i will surely stop working it. I hate outside pressure.
Spoiler:
All suggestions are noted down on my computer, and most of the resources are gathered. So i am giving it some touches and someday i'll bring a beta. =p
armymen12002003

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.3 04/02/18)

GAA1992 wrote:Don't take it wrong. The main reason why i am avoiding working new enemies/weapons is because of something i've posted on the WIP thread.

But i am really not rushing it. Otherwise i will surely stop working it. I hate outside pressure.
Spoiler:
All suggestions are noted down on my computer, and most of the resources are gathered. So i am giving it some touches and someday i'll bring a beta. =p
oh im not i completely understand dude take your time also i'm loving that title screen.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”