Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.2 06/01/18)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thank you Liam!

Talking about updates, i thought better not letting zandy users waiting, so, here's a fresh new update!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/esgj23uuc ... gsland.pk3

Not only Kriegsland Zandronum functionality is back, but with older GZDOOM builds as well. As for gameplay changes, hmmm, this is really more coding related than visual, but those small details will reflect on the actual gameplay, i'm sure about it. The only eye candy i can provide you guys is the addition of floor/ceiling decals for bullets and floor-only decals for explosions! Not a great boom, but a fun detail to have. Credits to (i believe) Sgt. Mark IV, because those (coding and explosion model) were taken from Brutal Doom V20a build.

Please report any bugs regarding it, if necessary!
Spoiler: Changelog
EDIT: Added a new video on the "Videos" section: A great gameplay through the space nazi headquarters in Astrostein 2 by TheLightBad96! Go watch it, the man is good!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Thank you Liam!

Talking about updates, i thought better not letting zandy users waiting, so, here's a fresh new update!

Not only Kriegsland Zandronum functionality is back, but with older GZDOOM builds as well. As for gameplay changes, hmmm, this is really more coding related than visual, but those small details will reflect on the actual gameplay, i'm sure about it. The only eye candy i can provide you guys is the addition of floor/ceiling decals for bullets and floor-only decals for explosions! Not a great boom, but a fun detail to have. Credits to (i believe) Sgt. Mark IV, because those (coding and explosion model) were taken from Brutal Doom V20a build.

EDIT: Added a new video on the "Videos" section: A great gameplay through the space nazi headquarters in Astrostein 2 by TheLightBad96! Go watch it, the man is good!
I see that there are many fixes, but it is always a good update :wink:
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:Thank you Liam!

das ich guten updaten!

when's the weapons-only version? so i can beat the hell out of hell's infantry?
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Remember that effect I mentioned with the sonic gun? It also occurs with the plasma gun thingy (GZDoom doesn't show weapon names, so I don't know what it's called). Except this time, it goes up and to the left. I would personally just make it so weapons fire their projectiles from the middle of the screen to avoid this problem altogether. You might be able to do some trickery to make it seem like it's firing from it's respective side of the screen, but the way you currently have it set up seems to just cause problems.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

To display weapon tags, just go to HUD options and on the nametags section, select "weapons".

But i am pretty sure you're mentioning the Ekelhaftwaffe. It really is trickery to make them shoot on an angled view, so i thought better opening their spread, just like i did on the sonic gun. I'll double check my coding, just to be sure.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.2 06/01/18) NEW ADD-ONS!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

SO, i heard you guys wanted a Weapons-Only version for a long time, eh.

Sorry for the long waiting! Now you can download the weapons-only pack at the ADD-ONS section! As always, have fun and report back any bugs/incompatibility issues. I'll solve things on my reach ASAP.

Not only this, but i've also made a music add-on which replaces the musics of the game with the Disruptor (PSX game) soundtrack. It's a nice themed dark-future ambience tracklist, and whoever played this pretty much knows that Kriegsland borrows many sounds and edited resources from this nice Doom-clone.

Hope ya'll like it. GET PSYCHED!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I found one bug with bullet holes, can you fix it?
https://imgur.com/jFqZxqN
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Got any more detail about the bullet hole bug? Very few bullet holes spawning from that shotgun? Metal-ish bullet hold does not match with grass FLAT?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

By looking at the image, it looked like the puffs were in mid-air, but it could be just me.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Ooo, a weapons only version, sweet! :D
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Captain J wrote:Got any more detail about the bullet hole bug? Very few bullet holes spawning from that shotgun? Metal-ish bullet hold does not match with grass FLAT?
This happens after firing any weapon that leaves bullet holes and what I noticed is shooting at the robot
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

So, what i noticed is that one is way bigger than the other. They seemed in mid-air to me, but since you haven't confirmed it, then it probably isn't.

One thing that happens is: The enemies also spawn bullet puffs with their tracers, so, obviously you shot him and either one pellet went away, OR he shot you and one puff got into the ground. But this shouldn't interfere in the puff size, even the monster being taller than you.

If you can find a easier way to reproduce it, it'll be easier to try and figure out, so we can solve this :)

@BradmanX

Hope you like it!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:So, what i noticed is that one is way bigger than the other. They seemed in mid-air to me, but since you haven't confirmed it, then it probably isn't.

One thing that happens is: The enemies also spawn bullet puffs with their tracers, so, obviously you shot him and either one pellet went away, OR he shot you and one puff got into the ground. But this shouldn't interfere in the puff size, even the monster being taller than you.

If you can find a easier way to reproduce it, it'll be easier to try and figure out, so we can solve this :)

@BradmanX

Hope you like it!
I do not know if I had to do it but when it comes to the projectile in the air, so far I saw that the bullet holes are in the air, not in the ground and in the wall, and that's the problem I wanted

EDIT: Bullet holes are in the wall and outside the wall and
and I noticed that something similar is happening to the explosions
https://imgur.com/a/mML1Q
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Right. The explosions are a easy answer:

They're not exactly decals. They are 3D models which get "painted" into the ground. So when there's a lower level near, it won't bend itself.

The bullet holes are supposed to behave the same way. I, however, still haven't found out why they got stuck in the air on your last post, so i still can't be of any help. Sorry.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Right. The explosions are a easy answer:

They're not exactly decals. They are 3D models which get "painted" into the ground. So when there's a lower level near, it won't bend itself.

The bullet holes are supposed to behave the same way. I, however, still haven't found out why they got stuck in the air on your last post, so i still can't be of any help. Sorry.
Ok, I understand. If you find a solution then I will be grateful

Return to “Gameplay Mods”