Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (15/10/17) Enemy pack and poll!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I might not know how to do a rolling bar for it, but making a boolean on/off is very simple. The question would be on how long would they stay. I think something around 30 seconds (1050 tics) is a good option. Brutal Doom has this, if i am not mistaken.
Jeimuzu73 wrote:DL-44
Y'know, you just remembered me Votsyok done a nice DL-44 Blaster. I am going to talk to him about it.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

GAA1992 wrote:I might not know how to do a rolling bar for it, but making a boolean on/off is very simple. The question would be on how long would they stay. I think something around 30 seconds (1050 tics) is a good option. Brutal Doom has this, if i am not mistaken.
30 seconds is how long I have it set to.

A couple of issues I have found:
-Grenades throw off to the side a bit, to the left to be exact. Wait no this happens to ALL projectile weapons. You might wanna look into that, that would be a pretty big issue.
-Aim down sights is WAY too sensitive. By the time I have lifted my finger off the button I am already out of Ironsights/scope mod again. This is really annoying. Perhaps set it so it only reads the input once per click/button pressed? That way it isn't just constantly going rapidly in and out of ads mode when you hold the key down.
-Firing a rocket through a door way caused it to randomly explode in my face. I was unable to get this to occur again, but it might be worth looking into.

Another suggestion: I know this ain't no brutal doom, but it would be cool if hitting some of the enemies in the head did more damage. Would definitely make the sniper weapons more fun to use.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

A silenced weapon or two would be nice, especially since once the shooting starts there's a lot of bullets and projectiles flying around. A way to thin their ranks before a full fight would be good.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

A random bit of feedback: I've been playing with the enemies pack, and I feel like the flying spiked mines need to disable Floatbob on death, as the explosion also floatbobs.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, thanks weasel. Gonna check it out.

BTW, since you posted, Votsyok kindly authorized his DL-44 Blaster! This will be for sure a new weapon in Kriegsland, along with two or even three more. It'll will be a weapon dropped by the Astrostein soldiers.

Now, some things i am planning to change and add:

- I am not making it into finding a Fuel partner for the Flammenfaust. So the A plan here is to create another ammo type which will be a reference to TNO, and use it as ammo source for some weapons that previously used cells. The Flammenfaust then would draw from this ammo type.

- Two weapons from the Star Wars universe Dropped by the Astrostein soldiers

- Take out the DP-65 Shotgun and add this one (on Kriegsland aesthetics) to make it closer to the TNO balance:

- Some new enemy variants

- Dual wield for the Elektroshocker

some more things and most of your suggestions/feedback fixed.

What are your thoughts?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

GAA1992 wrote:- Take out the DP-65 Shotgun and add this one (on Kriegsland aesthetics) to make it closer to the TNO balance:
How about the Schockhammer rotary shotgun from The New Colossus? You can nerf its damage to balance it with the other shotgun.
GAA1992 wrote:- Two weapons from the Star Wars universe Dropped by the Astrostein soldiers
The aforementioned DL-44 and maybe a plasma rifle based on the A280C (in turn based on the StG-44).
GAA1992 wrote:- Some new enemy variants
We definitely need bigger baddies based on Wolf3D boss sprites (e.g. Ubersoldaten based on Hans Grosse sprites?).
GAA1992 wrote:- Dual wield for the Elektroshocker
IDK, dual-wielding electric melee weapons is weird.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (15/10/17) Evil plans ahead!

Post by Nems »

More Nazi variants are always welcomed (to blast into oblivion). <3
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

GAA1992 wrote:- Dual wield for the Elektroshocker
Considering the amount of energy going into the Nazi, either they combust or explode from the sheer amount of it, makes an inventive to go up close, charge someone, and run away as you watch the explosion.

Maybe it's better if it's for robots, overloading them to set them off.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I wouldn't mind seeing a .45 pistol appear as a starting weapon.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this is gonna be odd, but you think you could replace the knife with just
a really
really
satisfying punch?

just something that makes it feel really, really good. just to make them really deserve it and make it hurt the nazis. really bad.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You mean, "punch a nazi" hahaha

Well, facínora gave the suggestion of using the knife as a quick melee (which is closer to TNO), so, why not?

But, i hate giving the bad news.

I'm gonna be away for a while because i hurt my sciatic nerve real bad in work today. Sorry for not being available for Kriegsland. Really.
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

GAA1992 wrote:You mean, "punch a nazi" hahaha

Well, facínora gave the suggestion of using the knife as a quick melee (which is closer to TNO), so, why not?

But, i hate giving the bad news.

I'm gonna be away for a while because i hurt my sciatic nerve real bad in work today. Sorry for not being available for Kriegsland. Really.
I hope you get better GAA
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

GAA1992 wrote:I'm gonna be away for a while because i hurt my sciatic nerve real bad in work today. Sorry for not being available for Kriegsland. Really.
That's harsh, which leg? and how did you get it?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

It was more on the root, at both sides of my back.

I was carrying over some metal boxes and wanted to make things faster by taking two at once, when i could barely take care of one. Then i hadn't felt any pain until yesterday. And today i had it again. Had to be taken in a wheelchair.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:It was more on the root, at both sides of my back.

I was carrying over some metal boxes and wanted to make things faster by taking two at once, when i could barely take care of one. Then i hadn't felt any pain until yesterday. And today i had it again. Had to be taken in a wheelchair.
Oof, hopefully you recover and remember your OH&S for next time. :(

Return to “Gameplay Mods”