Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung V3 Released 12/07/17

Post by Gideon020 »

This is one great mod, makes the more action packed maps feel really alive.

EDIT: Incidentally, I feel like this could use an energy rifle like that one in Wolf The New Order, but that's just me. Nice touch giving a new look to the MP-40 as well.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Ts879 wrote: That's very exciting! I hope you get it all done soon and I can't wait to see what you have in store. Please Keep up the great work! BTW will you also implitent alt fire for weapons that can't be duel weilded? I would love to see that.
Hmmm, i don't have anything planned at the moment. But i'm sure that if something comes out of my mind, i'll do something.
Gideon020 wrote:This is one great mod, makes the more action packed maps feel really alive.

EDIT: Incidentally, I feel like this could use an energy rifle like that one in Wolf The New Order, but that's just me. Nice touch giving a new look to the MP-40 as well.
If you refer to the AR Marksman, i already thought on something i saw in spriting carnival and could work out quite well. It was made by Mr. Enchanter.
Mr.Enchanter wrote:From the NoClip documentory, id showed off some animations from the previous build of Doom. Ripped from that video, edited, and rehanded.
All i need is his blessing.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!!!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I just realised I had the Luger and Mauser confused all along.

A suggestion for the Scoped Mauser: keep its scope but instead of making it zoom, give it a red-tinted infrared filter (to fit the sprite). With a silencer, it would make for a perfect stealth weapon. However, it would make more sense to make it semi-automatic; it already does not make much sense to me that such a tiny weapon could be fired like a machine gun. Also, for the sake of consistency, should the Sniper Rifle not use Weapon Zoom for the scoped mode rather than Secondary Fire?

Finally, I noticed a typo in one of the exit messages: "get kill by the Nazis". It should be killed.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, about mauser firing fast, i went on making it like the M712 Schnellfeuer. And i think it's ROF should be lower than in real life to avoid making the machineguns useless.

Yes, the scope command will be fixed for the next version and thanks for noticing the typo!
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

How about making the scoped Mauser feel like the DL-44 blaster? The alt-fire can be a more powerful charged shot.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Spoofy Premium wrote:Wow this mod looks good. Not bad but I need some WW2 themed maps for this, in order to work but with the Doom and Doom 2 maps it doesn't feel right.
Try epic2 or perhaps one of LazRojas' Wolfendoom packs. Those are essentially the closest you could get to WW2 without going to something like Blade of Agony, iirc.

Onto the update itself, I really, really like the new HUD and font though I'll admit the latter could use some touching up as it often gets a little too hard to read what you've actually picked up. The new weapons are all quite good and fun to use aside of the sound gun and flamethrower - the sound gun's problems are mostly because it looks like its projectile is a little too wide and often gets stuck in the walls and such. The flamethrower just feels a bit meh compared to the other two slot 6 guns...like I suggested in the alpha, couldn't you give it some sort of fire wall bomb a la ROTT or perhaps make it shoot a ton of small, incendiary homing missiles? It'd definitely give it some more oomph! I think you should also make it so slot 0 shouldn't be accessible to the player, as it feels a bit...redundant. I don't know about you folks, but in the four-ish hours I played this, I never tapped 0 to cycle through my akimbo guns.

Also please make the pulskanone have some BFG effect already. It feels really weak. Like whimpy as all heck.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Oh yeah, it feels like I'm IN TNO! And it's nice to see my HUD in there too.

Two things that hurt it for me though: first, the HUD messages are hard to read, although that might be an oversight on my part. I'll have to mess with the code and see if I can make it any better. Also, it'd be nice if I automatically switched to a different weapon when I run out of ammo for one, like in most other WADs.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

@GAA1992
You can just lower mauser damage. In real life weapon with short barrel have lower muzzle velocity compared to weapons with longer barrels. 10% lowering muzzle velocity causes around 20% less kinetic energy.

Look at my shitty plot. X label is loss of muzzle velocity in percents, y label is loss kinetic energy in percents.
Attachments
save.png
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

I like this mod a lot. Like Wiw said, it really does feel like TNO. It plays quite well with Epic2. Great job! :D
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:
Ts879 wrote: Thanks for the compliments, everyone!!!
No worries. Incidentally, what are you using for the Baron/Knight spawns? Ubersoldats? Because I've noticed that class of enemy being missing on a few megawads I've played with this pk3 in use.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:How about making the scoped Mauser feel like the DL-44 blaster? The alt-fire can be a more powerful charged shot.
Pretty much like the Flakes Doom pistol... hmmmmmmm. This sounds really tempting!
Deii wrote:Onto the update itself, I really, really like the new HUD and font though I'll admit the latter could use some touching up as it often gets a little too hard to read what you've actually picked up.
Yup, you're not the only one. If Wiw find a way around this, i would be very happy to implement it.

Deii wrote:The new weapons are all quite good and fun to use aside of the sound gun and flamethrower - the sound gun's problems are mostly because it looks like its projectile is a little too wide and often gets stuck in the walls and such.
Same happens for ekelhaftwaffe and mg92. Fixed here already.
Deii wrote:The flamethrower just feels a bit meh compared to the other two slot 6 guns...like I suggested in the alpha, couldn't you give it some sort of fire wall bomb a la ROTT or perhaps make it shoot a ton of small, incendiary homing missiles? It'd definitely give it some more oomph!
There's this weapon on ww-mixed2, which looks like the perfect subject for what you suggested. It's a large black cannon with an open muzzle break and a orange charger
on the right side. All i need to do is talk to wildweasel about it and discover where it comes from and who to credit. If you still don't know which one is it, i can send you a screenie.
Deii wrote:I think you should also make it so slot 0 shouldn't be accessible to the player, as it feels a bit...redundant. I don't know about you folks, but in the four-ish hours I played this, I never tapped 0 to cycle through my akimbo guns.
I think you're right. It gets irritating for those who prefer to scroll rather than pressing numbers.
Deii wrote:Also please make the pulskanone have some BFG effect already. It feels really weak. Like whimpy as all heck.
If i use the A_BFGSpray command, it calls the green-ish things on enemies. I searched a bit around to see if i could mess with those effects and avoid doing a lame sprite replacement that could be replaced easily. That's why we (still) don't have it. But it's on the list!
Wiw wrote: Two things that hurt it for me though: first, the HUD messages are hard to read, although that might be an oversight on my part. I'll have to mess with the code and see if I can make it any better. Also, it'd be nice if I automatically switched to a different weapon when I run out of ammo for one, like in most other WADs.
I would thank you lots if you can get around this! About the auto switch, i know it can be done easily, but, believe it or not, i still don't know how.
jablon1000 wrote:@GAA1992
You can just lower mauser damage. In real life weapon with short barrel have lower muzzle velocity compared to weapons with longer barrels.
If i lower 1 damage point on the mauser, it'll be quite a wimpy weapon, since it'll have only 4 damage points (it has 5, luger has 6)

But, for the sake of balance, i think that's valid; a mauser, firing almost twice the luger speed would still be more advantage to the player.
LedIris wrote:I like this mod a lot. Like Wiw said, it really does feel like TNO. It plays quite well with Epic2. Great job! :D
Thanks! As you can see, all the boys are doing their suggestions so we can get this better. Your name should be there too. Many good DECORATE tricks i use from you. :D
Gideon020 wrote: what are you using for the Baron/Knight spawns? Ubersoldats? Because I've noticed that class of enemy being missing on a few megawads I've played with this pk3 in use.
Hmmm, the Hell Knight is replaced by the black robot from Disruptor which fires grenades, and the Baron is replaced by the robot from Iron Angel of the Apocalypse that fires a weaker version of the Terminator's projectile.

May i know which wads are causing the problem? Do they have custom classes or anything? For example, if you play Kriegsland with Innocence X, like i just did, the Nightmare Imps (and probably Nightmare cacos too) still appear sometimes. On Consolation Prize by Kinsie, sometimes you fight the PSX Spectre rather than the dogs, and so on.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:
Gideon020 wrote: what are you using for the Baron/Knight spawns? Ubersoldats? Because I've noticed that class of enemy being missing on a few megawads I've played with this pk3 in use.
Hmmm, the Hell Knight is replaced by the black robot from Disruptor which fires grenades, and the Baron is replaced by the robot from Iron Angel of the Apocalypse that fires a weaker version of the Terminator's projectile.

May i know which wads are causing the problem? Do they have custom classes or anything? For example, if you play Kriegsland with Innocence X, like i just did, the Nightmare Imps (and probably Nightmare cacos too) still appear sometimes. On Consolation Prize by Kinsie, sometimes you fight the PSX Spectre rather than the dogs, and so on.
So far, when playing Bloodstain, a major Baron/Hellknight teleport ambush on the first level doesn't fire, although normal spawns work fine.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

GAA1992 wrote:There's this weapon on ww-mixed2, which looks like the perfect subject for what you suggested. It's a large black cannon with an open muzzle break and a orange charger
on the right side. All i need to do is talk to wildweasel about it and discover where it comes from and who to credit. If you still don't know which one is it, i can send you a screenie.
If it's the gun I'm thinking of, that gun is almost entirely borrowed from Zen Dynamics by Xaser, and the original artist IIRC was Scero (though Xaser may feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:*snip*
Just a thought in regards for a future update, but are you planning on having the player sprite be BJ Blazkowickz or do you have plans for a different sprite?
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

I made this little addon for your mod
https://www.dropbox.com/s/klzo9q4idqcpj ... n.pk3?dl=0

Changes:
-Changed most of the weapons sound
-Added one new weapon, spawns in the blur sphere spawner

Return to “Gameplay Mods”