Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Black Rock Shooter

Re: (BETA) Kriegland : Blutig Ordnung

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

GAA1992 wrote:
Black Rock Shooter wrote:You've made some serious improvements since the first version, GAA. Since most of the issues I found have been already reported, I'll just say that you're on the right direction. Keep it up and I wish you good luck!
Thanks man! If you could see the size of the feedback list... :lol:
Even bigger than the one I've sent you? Phew, that'll be a lot of hard work. But I sure you can pull it out!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutig Ordnung

Post by armymen12002003 »

just played this with redstar nice little wolfenstein mod u have for just being a beta looking forward to more updates and what level is that in screenie?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Hint from a german: Call it "Kriegsland: Ordnung des Blutes" or "Kriegsland: Blutordnung" - otherwise it's simply the worst grammar one could ever imagine.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Since you and Bofubutt have suggested "Blutordnung" as the correct way to spell it, that's the way i'm gonna call it! Thanks a lot :D

"Ordnung des Blutes" Is rad as hell too.

Fixed lots of things yesterday. Now i'm sloooooowly moving on to enemies. Expect news guys :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the double post. But here's some news!

YukesVonFaust just dropped me an enhanced version and, man, i believe it'll rock the shit out.

But i can't tell anything yet. Just can say it's really cool :)

P.s.:what do i need to make the logo appear on the thread's title, like other mods?
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

GAA1992 wrote:Sorry for the double post. But here's some news!

YukesVonFaust just dropped me an enhanced version and, man, i believe it'll rock the shit out.

But i can't tell anything yet. Just can say it's really cool :)
Stop teasing us, you cheeky little devil (jk, love ya)!
GAA1992 wrote: P.s.:what do i need to make the logo appear on the thread's title, like other mods?
Isn't there a section on your post called "Preview"? It must be somewhere on your end, since you're the OP.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I open a door and a nazi toe instantly mows me down with a small pistol.
10/10.
In all seriousness though, this mod is pretty good, you may want to consider adjusting the reaction times for the nazis though, they react way too quickly forcing one to resort to peek-shoot-hide-repeat tactics.
armymen12002003

One thing i would love to see the nazis dropping bullet casing too
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

I think it's cool that the weapons mostly have a distinct feel to them. One thing I notice a lot of Wolfenstein-inspired mods doing that bugs me is having a dozen different weapons that are usually just duplicates of other weapons (how many different submachine guns do you need in one mod?); in this one, there don't seem to be any redundant weapons whatsoever.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YukiHerz wrote:I open a door and a nazi toe instantly mows me down with a small pistol.
10/10.
In all seriousness though, this mod is pretty good, you may want to consider adjusting the reaction times for the nazis though, they react way too quickly forcing one to resort to peek-shoot-hide-repeat tactics.

Thanks!!! I'm moving on to enemies next, so that's a good advice :)
armymen12002003 wrote:One thing i would love to see the nazis dropping bullet casing too
I don't know if it's as easy as i think, but i'll try do pull something out!
Bofubutt wrote:I think it's cool that the weapons mostly have a distinct feel to them. One thing I notice a lot of Wolfenstein-inspired mods doing that bugs me is having a dozen different weapons that are usually just duplicates of other weapons (how many different submachine guns do you need in one mod?); in this one, there don't seem to be any redundant weapons whatsoever.
Thanks! And you'll see the changes in the next version. I'll tight the spread on pistols to force players to use them, as well as add some features, like enemy-only drops, synth-fire system, animation consistency...

It won't be a blockbuster, but i believe the Beta V2 will really make a difference.
armymen12002003

GAA1992 wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:One thing i would love to see the nazis dropping bullet casing too
I don't know if it's as easy as i think, but i'll try do pull something out!
Okie dokie i would also like to an enemies only version to play with your Aracnocide mod. Also is the sniper dude supposed to move or he stuck cause do see walking frames on him he just looks stuck to me?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

He is. I added the other frames, but he was a static enemy before. And i forgot to change his speed. It's fixed here and i'll upload it soon. :)
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

What is a synth-fire system?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

VladTopol1706 wrote:What is a synth-fire system?
It's a control system devised by Xaser where the left-mouse button fires the left gun and the right-mouse button fires the right. Basically it allows you to dual-wield weapons and bind each to either button.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hi! I love Wolfenstein-themed stuff and shooting Nazis, and this scratches a wonderful niche.
I played through the first couple maps of Epic 1 with this, here's my impressions so far:

- The animated icon for the menuscreen is really cool! The difficulties being a simple "Genocide", "Homicide", and "Suicide" are also pretty good.
- The tracers could use a bump up. The missileheight and actual spark for the bullet are two different values, so you have a bullet and the tracer trailing underneath it.
- The sound for the pistol and shotgun seems waaaayyyy off to the left?
- The enemy variety as a whole is really cool! Not just nazis, but also cybernazis, cyberdogs, robots, and more!
- The weapons themselves overall, also pretty cool. Being able to dual wield everything, also cool. Sounds, cool cool cool. The STG-60 is easily one of my favorites.
- I was constantly running out of ammo. CONSTANTLY! I ended up going back to the pistols constantly because ammo was just running dry for everything else.
- In addition to this, there's a huge disparity in ammo types and what goes for what. What's the difference between high caliber bullets and low caliber? What gun do they go to?
- Explosion effects for the hand-grenade and grenade launcher are R E A L L Y P R E T T Y.

I think it'd be good to really focus a lot on ammo balance--the value of how much ammo it takes to kill an enemy vs how much ammo you get on pickups feels incredibly skewed towards the enemies at the moment. I ended up running out of everything except the explosives halfway through Epic 1 map02, and it really seemed like the Barons/Knights replacements ignore explosive damage! There's a lot of stuff that could be checked here.
For example, the amount of per pickup compared to what you're usually supposed to get--vanilla Doom gives you about 100 bullets per clipbox, while here you get a meager 30. A little on the small side!
Likewise, maybe the enemies have a little too much HP/defenses? For example, the Hell Knight replacement has 600 HP, a whole 100 HP more than its Hell Knight counterpart, and also ignores radius damage! The Revenant replacement, the cyborg nazi, has 500 HP--200 more than the usual! This means you'll end up needing to use a LOT MORE ammo to take care of it.
Alternatively, perhaps the damage values are a little low? The weapons seem to use the basic "5" damage value for the weapons--but with enemies having higher HP and less ammo to go around for it, that means they require many more shots to take down!

...there's a lot you could do here, honestly. Either way, don't let this be a discouragement! We could always use more Wolfenstein/Nazi mods, and it's always super-cool to see more. Plus, I was a big fan of Arachnophobia, so I'm pretty excited about this too. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”