Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shadstarn

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.2 06/01/18) NEW ADD-ONS!

Post by shadstarn »

please add reloading and fix the issue where you have the aim button also for another function
also this is very impiortant make the swastica aim smaller it takes so much room its disturbing the vision
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

One thing i thought: Making they disappear faster.

Anyway, two things: The first is, i just linked a video made by Mere_Duke on a wild gameplay in the Castle Struggle map. Be sure to check it out (28 mins)!

The other thing i would like to say, well, it seems soon to do it, but better now than never.

I am thinking about making an Alternate Weapon Pack, just like in lowtech.

Some ideas won't bend and most sprites are done and chosen.

BUT i would REALLY like to hear your thoughts. What does the game lack in terms of weapon gameplay? What kinds of weapons should i experiment with?

Just to gather some suggestions.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

the shotgun looks like an iron rod .... make it look more beefier
relaoding too as i said before please please please

a lot of levels would be awesome!

i dont like trace bullets personally
dgrave09

Post by dgrave09 »

heyo this is to GAA1992 GREAT MOD I LOVE BLASTING DEMONS BUT THIS IS SO MUCH FUN TOO KILLIN NAZIS IS MY 2ND FAV PASTTIME!! one thing I did kind of think bothers me a little is the sprite for the stg 60 or the one for slot 4 not the mp40 looks a little off to me and I have been playing Wolfenstein the new order a lot recently. it just looks a little too much like the duke nukem 3d pump shotty. it needs a barrel extension or something conveying the fact that its not a shotgun but an assault rifle. please make a file that has this for me I would be amazed by the mod if you do! everything else is TOP NOTCH!! EXCELLENT WORK just that one thing I keep noticing. please try to get it as close to the new order version as you can. that's what I want to see. GET PSYCHED!!
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

I'm not really sure about what should be added in the weapon department but I do know what should be added in the enemy department.

* A standard Nazi armed with a Panzerschreck, and has medium level armor. 125-175 HP revenant Spawn
* A jetpack variant of the Rocket Soldier with Medium Light armor and is capable of firing 3 rockets at -50% of the damage. cacodemon spawn (150 HP)
* Improve the Enemy Sniper by buffing it's damage by 50% and adding some laser indicator before he attacks. also add different colour variants.
* A jetpack trooper armed with a shortened MG42 with Medium Heavy Armor. Pain elemental spawn 200-220 HP
* Grenade Troops, Imp Spawn, 20% more health than the officer grenades do 20-30 damage on medium difficulty setting.
* Nazi Sword Troops armed with a vibroblade and shield "cosmetic", uses some light power armor and its attacks ignore armor. Pinky/Spectre spawn
110 HP PINKY 150 HP Spectre
* Shock Troopers armed with Tesla Weapons and power armor. Mancubus Spawn 250-300 HP and is immune to most energy weapons.
* The Astrostein Troopers armed with a more diverse selection of firearms such as Laser Rifles and Repeater Guns. and the officers throw plasmatic bombs.
* a rare enemy to spawn in place of astrostein enemies. such as the Cyborgs and the Robots that replace the Hell Knights.
AS Robot- armed with 2 Plasma Cannons and electric discharge field for melee. HP 400, attacks do splash damage
AS Cyborg- armed with 2 Laser Gatlings and Ocular Laser, Immune to fire and electricity . HP 300

I know some of this seems a bit outlandish and weird but yet again the wolfenstein series had always played around with the supernatural/science fiction themes.

The reason for the rocket troopers idea and the improved jetpack soldiers were because I personally felt that department was lacking in some dangerous meat shields and glass cannon soldiers.

The reason for the swordsman idea was because those guys would pose as a greater threat than the dogs. not to mention I'm not a huge fan of putting down mans best friend. the swordsman will not replace the dogs but they will add some extra challenge as to who to kill first if you are surrounded by pinky swarms.

I know this probably will not be implimented in for quite some time if at all but I felt it was worth it to at least bring this up.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Before answering, i gotta annouce that erni345 updated his music pack with songs from Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and it got even better. Download link, as always, is in the "Add-Ons" section.

Now i am going to answer you to avoid a loooong post.

EDIT:
shadstarn wrote:also this is very impiortant make the swastica aim smaller it takes so much room its disturbing the vision
It's the smallest it can be while still looking like a swastika.
shadstarn wrote:make the shotgun look beefier
I remember reading comments in the past about the shotgun, and i know the sprite is ugly, but how can i improve it? What else would you add, or, what elements would you add on it, graphically speaking? (not actual accessories, but visual enhancements). ;)
shadstarn wrote:relaoding
I feel repeating myself. =/

I am not planning to add reloads. It equals on bloated-size coding, double the sprites, double the work and probably the mod would get harder.
I understand i wanted help, but this already got discussed.
shadstarn wrote:a lot of levels would be awesome!
Sure it would! I am no mapper, but the user Groovy is already working on something related to Kriegsland and Brutal Wolfenstein. So keep following his progress, i am sure he will bring good results.
shadstarn wrote:i dont like trace bullets personally
I wanted to do like HorrorMovieGuy and tried some hitscan variants in large maps. It's a no-go, even for a CVAR. Things get WAAAY too hard, which would force me to make the game way easier than you already know it.
dgrave09 wrote:Stg-60 barrel extension
Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for playing the mod, i noted it down.
TheLightBad96 wrote:I know this probably will not be implimented in for quite some time if at all but I felt it was worth it to at least bring this up
I saved it up as a .txt here. Lots of good ideas. Of course, the tough side is to actually sprite them under a known basis, but the priority is to balance the game, and those suggestions are handy. Like the alternate melee enemy. There's already something floating on my mind.

I could provide a panzerschreck soldier. WSJ made one for Operation Heimzahlung, the problem is that it doesn't have any rotations (that i know of). And the only reason Kriegsland has the Death Knight as the only enemy which doesn't have rotation sprites is that Untrustable was working on him, and when he gets it done i may work my versions under it.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

GAA1992 wrote: stuff about the enemy suggestion
Spoiler:
If sprites are an issue I could try and help with the sprite load. hell under my previous alias before I changed my name here I did a similar thing with a nazi by giving it a pump action shotgun so it should not be a huge issue.
thread here -----> viewtopic.php?f=60&t=47535
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Holes. :?
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yeah, that wouldn't happen if the dumbass here didn't removed the animated flats. My bad.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Doomenator wrote:Holes. :?
Spoiler:
Gosh darn nazi tech! it's not enough that they screw with freedom, they also screw with physics!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hahahahahahaha

Turns out it was a bad idea to add floor bullet decals. Imma getting rid of them. Liquid patches don't hide it as well.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hehehe, the Disruptor music pack has me wanting your next project to be based on the Disruptor PSX game. :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I absolutely LOVE it. I played it almost 3 years before playing Doom. And the first Doom I've ever played was the SNES port (a beautiful red cartridge, with the doomguy classic cover art). It took some more 4 years before i played the PC shareware version :p

And being a sci-fi 2.5d fps game, it fits perfectly my exigences :)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I have one suggestion regarding one weapon, I really like DL-44 and cross akimbo with Ekelhaftwaffe and DL-44, therefore you could do something to make it easier to get DL-44 because so far I noticed that they can only be obtained from opponents who replace Nazi-SS and not in every mappack occur?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hmmm... I am going to do something, thanks :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”