Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
insightguy

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (15/10/17) Enemy pack and poll!

Post by insightguy »

GAA1992 wrote:Hmmm, good point. What do you think about this: The screams last for at least five seconds, so what about making it normal (not damaging) for the first second (the ignition, let's say) and make it damage until a little before falling into the ground. So the player can run 'n' gun and not get hurt.
If it does not last that long and you can run through them (give it a NOCLIP flag or something), then it's probably OK. If you want to go the extra mile, have the burning react slightly differently depending on the enemy.
Examples:
  • Dogs run in a small and short circle or pattern before dropping to the ground
  • Flamethower enemies just explode
  • Anything with cybernetics don't deal damage (because metal does not ignite, and less flesh = less burning = less time to burn)
  • Death knights burn in in their suits dealing half the fire damage (same death animation with just their face-plate and bullet holes on fire)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Wish i could determine a pattern. The soldiers use the A_Wander command, which selects random directions for them to go. So making dogs run in circles isn't possible, unfortunately.

I like the exploding flamethrower enemies, makes more sense to the character and it's a gameplay differential (basically a walking barrel).

Robots are already immune to fire and shock damage.

Making the sprites for the Death Knights would be hard, but i like the Fire/2 thing. I'll consider it well. ;)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I have a few suggestions

-I think the name of the current jadtfaust wunderflinte-8 weapon would change to a schockhammer, increase the rate of fire in that weapon, add more ammo and thus create a real schockhammer.And in exchange for the jadtfaust you could add a double barreled shotgun with the rest appearing in the new order and old blood

-You could also add an opponent who would use a schockhammer, such as a soldier or a robot.

-A good idea would also be the lunette in the bombenschuss to better target

what do you think of these ideas? :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well,

- The names were given by chronoteeth, so, changing it like that... i dunno. It's like a fake identity.

- Liked the idea. Maybe a robot could use it.

- I have a sprite made by IMX of the WolfTOB Bonbenschuss, but i haven't been able to make it look like a real sprite instead of a model rip. If i can get to do that, however, be sure it's the first thing i am doing.

Also, goddamn! The poll is in a tie! The table sure turned out. Let's see how it'll end on day 30.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (15/10/17) NO BURN!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey guys! I forgot to log yesterday, but I'm here just to announce the poll results! By ONE vote (wasn't mine, i swear by god), the tight decision is for enemies NOT DAMAGE the player. So, the next updates won't have it, and when i learn how to do a ACS for it, the "no damage" will be a default.

Thanks you all for voting! Expect news about your favorite Post-WWII sci-fi game!
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Hey, i heard Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is out, so can you add some of it from TNC such as the Dieselgewehr, Lasergewehr, Dieselkraftwerk, Hammergewehr (Auto Super Shotgun) and the Ubergewehr
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

skyrish10 wrote:Hey, i heard Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is out, so can you add some of it from TNC such as the Dieselgewehr, Lasergewehr, Dieselkraftwerk, Hammergewehr (Auto Super Shotgun) and the Ubergewehr
An Ubergewehr-like is there but is quite underpowered and the Hammergewehr would be redundant as 2 supershotguns can already do that job. The others will make fine aditions
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

I love this mod. It has good weapon feedback and they are each designed well. The enemies are each unique (for this mod anyways). I do like the idea of this mod being difficult, but as it currently stands, some things seem a little skewed balance wise. For example, it is hard to get shotgun shells for whatever reason (though this could have just been the wads I was playing), and the health to armor ratio seems skewed in favor of the armor. That is, it is incredibly easy to build up a whole lot of armor, but recovering health is next to impossible, and I always find myself stuck at around 20 health, or 50 at the most. Getting 100 or more health tends to be rare unless medpacks get spammed in the map. Bullets move much to fast to viably dodge in close corridors, and enemies have a tendency to react much faster than you could possibly react. I would like to reiterate that I like the idea of this mod being hard, but I feel like maybe it could be hard in some other way, like maybe tone down enemy speed and tone up enemy damage. These, of course are merely opinions, and you might have something completely different in mind. Please, take my opinions only if you feel they would benefit the mod.

Edit: I sorta take back what I said about the medpacks. I was just playing a wad that doesn't like giving the player health.
And maybe the shotgun shells too...
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Another thing worth asking for, do you think you could add some sort of gore cleanup option? As awesome as gibs littering the floors is, it tends to lag me. Maybe add a feature so that gore does not stick around for ever. (Yes I know, get a better computer. If my GPU hadn't died, forcing me to use on-board graphics, I wouldn't be having this sort of issue.)

Edit: Managed to do this on my own, but it would still be nice to add this as a feature for those less capable of editing code or those who are just lazy.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

skyrish10 wrote:Hey, i heard Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is out, so can you add some of it from TNC such as the Dieselgewehr, Lasergewehr, Dieselkraftwerk, Hammergewehr (Auto Super Shotgun) and the Ubergewehr
insightguy wrote:An Ubergewehr-like is there but is quite underpowered and the Hammergewehr would be redundant as 2 supershotguns can already do that job. The others will make fine aditions
Of all the TNC weapons i saw during gameplays, the most amazing to me were the Maschinenpistole (gotta rip those sounds), the Kampfpistole and the Dieselkraftwerk. The Dieselgewehr is cool as well, but lacks some "oomph" into it. It's like a Napalm Launcher from Blood, but without the cluster-bombing badassery it has.

Given i wanted for a new weapon that uses fuel since the beginning, i might go on that idea and enhance it.
Chloroxite wrote:I love this mod. It has good weapon feedback and they are each designed well.
Thank you! The weapons are perhaps the most sucessful pack i've ever done :p
Chloroxite wrote:The enemies are each unique (for this mod anyways). I do like the idea of this mod being difficult, but as it currently stands, some things seem a little skewed balance wise. For example, it is hard to get shotgun shells for whatever reason (though this could have just been the wads I was playing)...
Nah, it's really hard to obtain shells, looking back on the mod. Obviously there are ways to remedy it, but i have some plans up the sleeve that i hope they come into execution soon.
Chloroxite wrote:Bullets move much to fast to viably dodge in close corridors, and enemies have a tendency to react much faster than you could possibly react.
I would like to reiterate that I like the idea of this mod being hard, but I feel like maybe it could be hard in some other way, like maybe tone down enemy speed and tone up enemy damage.
i like the suggestion, but toning up damage might be a kick in the balls, even more for players who like the Suicide difficulty level. So, we could either lower enemy speed and keep reaction time as it is, instead of lowering both, along with buffering damage.
Chloroxite wrote:These, of course are merely opinions, and you might have something completely different in mind. Please, take my opinions only if you feel they would benefit the mod.
I like feedback! As i always say, i may not fit everything, but every opinion is important.

There's a little saying over here: "If one person calls you a horse, ignore them, but if ten people calls you a horse... better buy a saddle". :p
Chloroxite wrote:Another thing worth asking for, do you think you could add some sort of gore cleanup option? As awesome as gibs littering the floors is, it tends to lag me. Maybe add a feature so that gore does not stick around for ever. (Yes I know, get a better computer. If my GPU hadn't died, forcing me to use on-board graphics, I wouldn't be having this sort of issue.)

Edit: Managed to do this on my own, but it would still be nice to add this as a feature for those less capable of editing code or those who are just lazy.
A Blood janitor? Sure i am interested in that! How'd you do it? Unless it has coding from other authors, i am very interested in porting this into Kriegsland :)

And, as useless information (or not), i finished The New Order, months after buying it. I'm very impressed with the PS3 port, even with the long loadings and texture bugs. Everytime i came back into it i wanted to add more and more things to Kriegsland, and now that i finished playing, i can do some of these for good.

Thanks for the opinions, guys!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote: Of all the TNC weapons i saw during gameplays, the most amazing to me were the Maschinenpistole (gotta rip those sounds), the Kampfpistole and the Dieselkraftwerk. The Dieselgewehr is cool as well, but lacks some "oomph" into it. It's like a Napalm Launcher from Blood, but without the cluster-bombing badassery it has.
Maybe have the Machinepistols be their silenced versions so that there's one stealth weapon? Or the 'Nailgun' upgrade so they go through multiple targets?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Now that I've played The New Colossus, I think I actually like your rendition of the Wolfenstein guns here. It feels closer to the first game's portrayal, where more of the guns are useful.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Haven't played The Old Blood and The New Colossus, but i am pretty sure they could innovate in some of their weapons (judging from gameplay videos). Both STG's in The New Order are extremely satisfactory to shoot. The called "Sturmgewehr" only in TNC is pretty much the same, given the difference it has a scope.

The Luger 1960, however, even being almost the exact same thing, has the "Magnum" upgrade, which i found to be very cool.

About silenced weapons:

This is the only frame i've ever done. I am still unsure on adding tertiary modes, because this would force me to rework the entire balance. :s
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

GAA1992 wrote: About silenced weapons:
This is the only frame i've ever done. I am still unsure on adding tertiary modes, because this would force me to rework the entire balance. :s
Since it greatly resembles the DL-44 blaster from Star Wars, why not make it an energy pistol? Astrostein soldiers can use it and it can make for a handy cell-using weapon until the bigger guns arrive.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

GAA1992 wrote:
Chloroxite wrote:Another thing worth asking for, do you think you could add some sort of gore cleanup option? As awesome as gibs littering the floors is, it tends to lag me. Maybe add a feature so that gore does not stick around for ever. (Yes I know, get a better computer. If my GPU hadn't died, forcing me to use on-board graphics, I wouldn't be having this sort of issue.)

A Blood janitor? Sure i am interested in that! How'd you do it? Unless it has coding from other authors, i am very interested in porting this into Kriegsland :)
It was quite simple actually. You know how in each of the gib actors (1 through 11) there is that last line of code before "stop" with a delay of -1? Change that to however long you want the gibs to last before despawning. Once the timer runs out, that stop command gets ran and the gib vanishes.

Granted, if you want this to be an option that you can turn on and off, there will be some acs involved. In that case, I cannot help.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”