Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Deii

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.1 24/12/17) (FI)X-MAS GIFT

Post by Deii »

Just dropping by (kinda late) that I deeply appreciate the effort you've put into making Kriegsland the experience it is now over the year. I still have a lot of fun with it when I'm in the mood for a more vanilla-ish playing session, given the amount of polish of the weapons, items and monsters. Here's to 2018 and more projects (along with the fabled 4th class for Arachnocide)!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@Chloroxite

Thanks for reporting, I'll get into that!

@Deii

Thanks for you too man! You're the best gun nut ever :p

Happy new year for all players!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (2.1 24/12/17) Enemies 02/01

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just would like to bump here to announce that the enemies pack was updated accordingly to the 2.1 build.

Download it and have fun guys!
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

I can't seem to get slide to work. Help?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, first, you'll have to go to the keys section on Options, then:
> Customize Controls
> Bind a key on "Slide"
> Crouch
> Press the slide button

If that doesn't solves it, check if there isn't another mod overloading it.

How I do: I bind my "crouch" key on ctrl, and the slide key on R. I keep my pinky finger on ctrl and whenever i am running i can press crouch and slide easily.
Korell

Post by Korell »

There's definitely something odd with the slide if you use toggle crouch. If you press toggle crouch on and then the slide key it works fine, but of course you remain crouched (which is fine in itself). If you then press the slide key again, though, then it does nothing except make the weapon vibrate, and then toggle crouch off makes you slide.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

:?

Now that's uncalled for. There's also a few bugs regarding the slide and the quick keys. But since i can't solve them (i believe), i must just sit and watch. :(
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

GAA1992 wrote::?

Now that's uncalled for. There's also a few bugs regarding the slide and the quick keys. But since i can't solve them (i believe), i must just sit and watch. :(
Never fear, the Canadian is here!

You're missing this at the beginning of each of the IsSliding states:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 A_TakeInventory("SlidePlayer", 1)
and you will need to move the following piece just below it:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("CrouchPlayer",1,"Ready")
This will make sure it removes the "IsSliding" inventory item and returns you to the "Ready" state since you are still crouched. Just make sure that those two pieces of code are before anything else in the state, otherwise you get the vibrating weapons since you have one or two sprite frames being called before TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("CrouchPlayer",1,"Ready").
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey man, thanks! This helps a lot :)

It even made me see some things i left pass, such as sliding with the akimbo Ekelhaftwaffe =p

Next update will fix all those stuffs out. Thanks!
JDSH98

Post by JDSH98 »

Hey man, I really love this mod. But can I asks you for a favor? Did you still have a link to the latest version that was compatible with Zandronum 3.0? Because my PC can't handle the latest GZDoom version. Thanks for doing such a great mod btw.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Unfortunately i don't have it, but I'll do my best to get round the possible errors and make it compatible with zandronum and older builds of gzdoom :)

Edit: thank you!
JDSH98

Post by JDSH98 »

GAA1992 wrote:Unfortunately i don't have it, but I'll do my best to get round the possible errors and make it compatible with zandronum and older builds of gzdoom :)

Edit: thank you!
I'm glad to hear that since a lot of mods are now bases on GZDoom 2.4 and above. Is nice to hear because you're trying to update a mod for even low specs computer like mine. Thanks again and thanks for the reply!
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

GAA1992 wrote:I am going to be sincere: I prefer to low the ammo on pickups rather than doubling the maximum cap, considering i've added two new backpack items, and one of them increases maximum limits. But, obviously, that's my vision. If feedback on ammo pickups gets to be similar, i got no option other than doing it.
I'm a stickler when it comes to ammo conservation so I have a tendency to save pickups for much later. Maybe lower the ammo given by the MP, Gewehr and StG to around 10 or 5 and make mooks drop magazines much less frequently. That way I can use the big guns for the bigger guys and not have to use the machine guns all the time.

Also, is it okay if I make a patch for your enemies pack for Doom Incarnate? The two mods fit very well together.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I done as you said it to guns some days ago, but haven't dropped the nazis drop chances, because next update will feature something that i think it'll be important for a Weapons-Only version.

About the patch? SURE THING! Please send me a PM so i can glue it on the main post :)

Next version is really close to be released, i am just experimenting with some code/spriting. Won't be a blast, but it'll fix some long wanted things and it'll restore Zandy compatibility (as well as older gzdoom versions) ;)
LiamNova

Post by LiamNova »

Awesome man! Great to see that this project is still being updated. Keep up the great work, cheers. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”