Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: Kriegsland : Blutordnung (LU 05/08/17)

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

-Ghost- wrote:The more enemies the better! Will you be adding any New Blood style occult enemies eventually, like maybe a rare zombie or something every once in awhile?
The Old Blood, you mean.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

My bad, I always get that name wrong. :P I think you could just use any zombie sprites, honestly. Both civilians and soldiers would get infected anyway, so you could probably encounter anything.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

It'd be interesting if someone could do a Wolfenstein 3D TC patch for this mod
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

hey bro.

took me a while but your video is finally ready. Good job man. Flakes Doom is still your best mod so far, IMHO, but Kriegsland gets close in second now.

Falou aí, zé!
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Koto »

Hey GAA1992, I'm near to finish the Laser-Roboter sheet. But I'm not very satisfied with the left shoulder. In the concept looks right but since the original sprite has only five rotations, it's going to be noticeable the asymmetry with big color differences.

Here's the actual progress.

Actually I'm putting a red painting with a white swastika on his back.

Now some replying.
GAA1992 wrote:Ooooohhh, i would love to see those things ready!!!! They sure replace better the suggested counterparts than the actual ones!
Actually the laser robot concept was made to replace the big robot who replaces the hell knight. When I'm ready with that, on the next week I could start with the green one.
Doomenator wrote:I think that looks like abuse of heraldry. It is desirable to use only the sign of military technics.
When I was looking for a good replacement for the original strife symbol, I thought to put the nazi flag. I would have to see how the Wehrmacht logo look like there.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You are free to do as you please! I am actually very happy you want to contribute.

I understand the asymmetry thing, i hated fixing some nazi points (mainly the ubersoldaten).

So far it looks great! Can't wait for the final Version. keep it up!

@Doomguy5th

Try Laz Rojas wolfendoom maps. They are almost perfect emulations of the original missions.

@Facínora

Hell yeah man! I'm linking this on to the first page! Thank you!
Baronos

Post by Baronos »

This is one of the greatest Wolfenstein mods I've ever played,It's really well done.
But I've encounterd an issue with the aim,when I shoot It goes up after few shots,I've tried using the center view but It still doesn't point properly,maybe that's just me.
Anyway I saw so many submissions here of different enemies,are you planning to make a monster randomizer for the mod?That would be neat,each enemy are divided with different tiers.The low tiers are regular nazis, the highest cyborg nazi for example.

Keep up the good work.
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Koto »

And it's done, enjoy the Laser-Roboter.

Includes:
-The entire sprite sheet.
-Brightmaps for some frames.
-2 see sounds.
Attachments
Laser Roboter.zip
(111.39 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Korell

Post by Korell »

Baronos wrote:This is one of the greatest Wolfenstein mods I've ever played,It's really well done.
But I've encounterd an issue with the aim,when I shoot It goes up after few shots,I've tried using the center view but It still doesn't point properly,maybe that's just me.
I think that's intentional and not an issue. By default the mod has recoil turned on, so each time you take a shot your aim goes up slightly, and so with the automatic weapons this is more noticeable. If you go into the Kriegsland options (you can use the extras menu item to get to them) you can choose to turn off recoil so that the aim doesn't move up with each shot.

There is an aim issue that I have noticed, though. The aim of the sonic gun is a little off. Shooting the sonic gun shows that if you hit something close to you then it hits to the right of the crosshair, but if you aim at something far away then it hits to the left of the crosshair. So it is like the path of the (let us call it a projectile) does not follow the straight line to the centre as per the crosshair.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Shouldn't the cyberdemon replacement be larger and have more health?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Koto wrote:And it's done, enjoy the Laser-Roboter.

Includes:
-The entire sprite sheet.
-Brightmaps for some frames.
-2 see sounds.
OH GOD, YOU EVEN MADE BRIGHTMAPS

I can't thank you enough Koto. This is some piece of art, right here! Thank you a lot! Kriegsland next version will have this for sure!
Baronos wrote:This is one of the greatest Wolfenstein mods I've ever played,It's really well done.
Anyway I saw so many submissions here of different enemies,are you planning to make a monster randomizer for the mod?That would be neat,each enemy are divided with different tiers.The low tiers are regular nazis, the highest cyborg nazi for example.

Keep up the good work.
The recoil can be turned off on options, now the "Extra" section on the main menu. You can also toggle other options as casings, smoke, and bullet ricochets. Thank you!
EddieMann wrote:Shouldn't the cyberdemon replacement be larger and have more health?
The Terminator is a monster created by Vader and not exclusively for this mod, it can be found on Realm667. I just imported him as it is, i don't remember reducing his health. But if you think he's easy, you probably haven't experienced all his power :p

If koto finishes his awesome works, the Terminator will be removed and there'll be some changes in the cast. Or, i can leave it as a lower tier enemy. Baron replacer, perhaps. Thanks guys.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the double post, but i bring good news!!!

First things first, I uploaded two new add-ons for Kriegsland! One of them is a super cool soundpack made by Edward Marlus (author of Wolfenstein Infinity), while the other brings back the SNES secret room sounds we had on the very first build of kriegsland, and it can work on ANY MOD! just load it last.

Now, about mod progress:

Many cool things are in, but i am not changing the main file yet. There's more i can deliver before we call it a day. So far, what you guys can expect:

- The Shotgun nazis!
- New enemies!
- And maybe yet, a new weapon!

This, aside of the usual aesthetic and organization fixes, of course.

Edit: Oh yeah, TheLightBad96 also made a 2 hour gameplay of Kriegsland on Astrostein 1! It's on the Videos section. Go check it out!

More news soon!
superdupertrooper

Post by superdupertrooper »

i really like the akimbo weapons but is there anyway to make it so that the button that brings them up also switchs back to the single weapon? it can be a bit of a pain switching back and forth and i often find myself running low on ammo due to just using akimbo's
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

superdupertrooper wrote:i really like the akimbo weapons but is there anyway to make it so that the button that brings them up also switchs back to the single weapon? it can be a bit of a pain switching back and forth and i often find myself running low on ammo due to just using akimbo's
Well... i implemented it now (it's using the zoom key), along with other enhancements, which i'm going to send to GAA. maybe...
but stay tuned as i implement other stuff
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

That wouldn't be possible. You must press altfire key to enter akimbo mode and once you're there, fire button fires the left weapon while altfire button fires the right. The only way to do that would be binding another key such as zoom or reload.

Just saw Yukes post. Well, the next update will wait, then.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”