Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Minotaurs, oh my!

Postby Ryuhi » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:33 pm

VERSION 1.5 IS NOW LIVE!
Changelog 1.5
Spoiler:

I want to give a massive shoutout to everyone that has been helping with feedback and playtesting through the discord, you guys have helped tremendously! I hope the wait was worth it, and you all enjoy the update!
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Postby Linz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Question

Will you ever do a music mod that contains tracks from throughout the Heretic series?
Linz

Postby Ryuhi » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:15 am

Don't plan on doing any music replacers, but there are some out there that remaster the heretic music like this one
Ryuhi

Postby hyll » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 am

Hey, there's these weird red circles on top of monster heads on the sprites when using Heretical Monsters with 1.5 of Heretical Doom (on gzdoom 4.4.2).
Is there a way to turn them off? Didn't seem to find an option regarding them (tried the various headshot-related settings).

Thanks in advance!
hyll

Postby Ryuhi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 am

hyll wrote:Hey, there's these weird red circles on top of monster heads on the sprites when using Heretical Monsters with 1.5 of Heretical Doom (on gzdoom 4.4.2).
Is there a way to turn them off? Didn't seem to find an option regarding them (tried the various headshot-related settings).

Thanks in advance!

Thats from the monsters addon, specifically the headshot script. It'll be fixed in the next version, but in the meantime if you type "hs_hitbox 0" in the console, it will fix it.

Apparently some other mod is using the same cvar or something, because I've only been getting reports of this rather recently. Regardless, the next version of the monsters addon won't even be using the same headshot script, so it won't be possible :)
Ryuhi

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods