Heretical Doom v1.3 - Options Upon Options!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Heretical Doom v1.3 - Options Upon Options!

Postby batos2 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:29 pm

I demand an addon of the monsters, but without brutal gore or realistic blood. :!:

Must have those sprites of classic deaths.
batos2

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit

Postby Ryuhi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Sorry for the lack of any updates lately, I have multiple things in the works but real life has slowed my progress down quite a bit. Thank you for your patience everyone, and I hope to have some good content for you sooner than later :)

batos2 wrote:I demand an addon of the monsters, but without brutal gore or realistic blood. :!:

Must have those sprites of classic deaths.

Also sorry I missed this post, but the gore system IS getting revamped in the next version. Apparently my settings to reduce gore were a little bugged, but they should work soon.
Ryuhi

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 am

One more thing: did you try playing Sigil with Heretical Doom?
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Postby Darman Macray » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Any chance of a texture/skybox mod to fully convert Doom into a Heretic experience?
Darman Macray

Postby Ryuhi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:One more thing: did you try playing Sigil with Heretical Doom?

Not yet. I can imagine it will break it pretty thoroughly (even with my new difficulty adjustments) but I do plan to test it when I have the time

Darman Macray wrote:Any chance of a texture/skybox mod to fully convert Doom into a Heretic experience?

I don't plan on doing any texture adjustments like that, just the voxel replacers. but there are a few projects out there that replace Doom/2 textures with Heretic/2/Hexen equivalents, so any of those should work with the mod easily :D
Ryuhi

Postby Darman Macray » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 pm

Ryuhi wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:One more thing: did you try playing Sigil with Heretical Doom?

Not yet. I can imagine it will break it pretty thoroughly (even with my new difficulty adjustments) but I do plan to test it when I have the time

Darman Macray wrote:Any chance of a texture/skybox mod to fully convert Doom into a Heretic experience?

I don't plan on doing any texture adjustments like that, just the voxel replacers. but there are a few projects out there that replace Doom/2 textures with Heretic/2/Hexen equivalents, so any of those should work with the mod easily :D

Neat! I'd love to check those out! Great job with mod, BTW!
Darman Macray

Postby Darman Macray » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 am

Darman Macray wrote:
Ryuhi wrote:

Neat! I'd love to check those out! Great job with mod, BTW!

Are any of the Heretic Doom texture mods still alive? I've found two or three that have either been abandoned or have an expired download :(
Darman Macray

Postby Darman Macray » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

I don't plan on doing any texture adjustments like that, just the voxel replacers. but there are a few projects out there that replace Doom/2 textures with Heretic/2/Hexen equivalents, so any of those should work with the mod easily :D[/quote]

Neat! I'd love to check those out! Great job with mod, BTW![/quote]

Are any of the Heretic Doom texture mods still alive? I've found two or three that have either been abandoned or have an expired download :([/quote]

FOUND ONE!

For anyone else who was looking: viewtopic.php?t=31134
Darman Macray

Postby Enarkz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 am

This mod is awesome mate
Enarkz

Postby Darman Macray » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:00 am

I know this is most likely a no, but is there anyway to transfer one's experience level from one game to another (EX: Hexen to Dark Kings of the Citadel)?
Darman Macray

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Darman Macray wrote:I know this is most likely a no, but is there anyway to transfer one's experience level from one game to another (EX: Hexen to Dark Kings of the Citadel)?

I honestly don't think that's possible; sorry.
AvzinElkein

Postby Darman Macray » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:28 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:
Darman Macray wrote:I know this is most likely a no, but is there anyway to transfer one's experience level from one game to another (EX: Hexen to Dark Kings of the Citadel)?

I honestly don't think that's possible; sorry.

I thought as much :(
Darman Macray

Postby tuintje » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:52 am

Just played this mod it's freaking awesome btw I can't believe I overlooked this at first,

Has anyone tried this with eviternity map? it feels like a new game :) and the map theme fits like a glove.
tuintje

Postby AvzinElkein » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:08 am

Best of luck, Ryuhi.
AvzinElkein

Postby Alptraum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am

Hi.

Could anyone recommend a good mappack to play with the mod? Doom maps aren't lore-friendly because of elevators, buttons or lights.
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods