Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: Heretical Doom v1.3 - Options Upon Options!

Post by AvzinElkein »

Another bug found: Green Mana doesn't give you Hellstaff/Phoenix Rod/Ironmace ammo as it should. I was playing with Heretical Doom and Legendoom Lite, by the way.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I saw that issue just the other day, it has to do with the Classic mode check. I've already gotten it fixed for the next version, fortunately.

progress has been going very well on the rebalance too. It's going to feel a lot more balanced up front, but there are even more options to fine tune things (including the difficulty.)
The_Legend

Post by The_Legend »

The download link seems to be broken, could you please fix it?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Just checked and both are working just fine. Do you have anything blocking mediafire from working correctly?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I hope progress on v1.4 is going nicely.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

it is! Most of the changes to modern magister mode are finished and being tested, and the focus is now shifting to changes for classic caster mode and more thorough testing with other IWADs :D
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I almost forgot to say: best of luck debugging and finishing up!
JasmairoQY

Post by JasmairoQY »

I see the Tomed Alt Dragon Claw has been nerfed, and it does less dmg for what it consumes of ammunition. I guess its only good if you manage to get tons of weak enemies in a single line?

Maybe if you hold the Alt Fire for longer you can let a continuous stream until it rounds out, instead of short burts that by themselves cant get the job done. I know that before the nerf it was practically a boss killer but now seems like a waste.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

the nerf is getting reverted to a degree. Having that many projectiles balance with +RIPPER is a bit of a challenge, but look forward to it being more beefy than it is now.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

So ah, the kick command is not to do a kick in-game, but to have Corvus kick GZDoom in the throat, killing it instantly.

But seriously if I bind the kick command key to anything at all, GZDoom fatally crashes. If I press said button, even in the main menu, it also fatally crashes. This is on GZDoom 4.0.0 stable release.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Well, GZDoom has updated to 4.1.0, first off.
Silentdarkness12

....Huh. That's weird. Why is the DL on the ZDoom website for 4.0.0? Okay, that calls for a post elsewhere.

Also it does the same thing on 4.1.0.

EDIT: It turns out that the kick works just fine in game after all, but doing it in the menu causes a crash.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Unfortunately by the time I got halfway through playtesting/bugfixing for 4.0.0, 4.1.0 came out. Sorry for the delay everyone, but big internal changes can require entire rewrites to keep old functions working properly.

please continue to report any issues with the newest GZDoom builds so I can continue to isolate and fix them :)

Also, what kind of crash does it cause? do you by chance have a console error like a VM abort I could use for reference?
Silentdarkness12

No, sadly, Ryuhi. It's a Very Fatal Error. The kind that doesn't give a VM abort. I mean it makes the entire program commit die.

EDIT: Wait, i'm dumb. Here's the crash report if it helps as well. Attatched GZDoom crashlog text and other potentially useful items.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(25.99 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I have been looking into it and doing a fair bit of tweaking on my end with no luck. For now, it seems to only happen when the player has not yet started the game, so starting a new game and then pressing the key in menus seems to work fine. I have submitted a bug report and will continue to try things on my end in case it can be resolved otherwise.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”