Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
batos2

Re: Heretical Doom v1.3 - Options Upon Options!

Post by batos2 »

I demand an addon of the monsters, but without brutal gore or realistic blood. :!:

Must have those sprites of classic deaths.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Sorry for the lack of any updates lately, I have multiple things in the works but real life has slowed my progress down quite a bit. Thank you for your patience everyone, and I hope to have some good content for you sooner than later :)
batos2 wrote:I demand an addon of the monsters, but without brutal gore or realistic blood. :!:

Must have those sprites of classic deaths.
Also sorry I missed this post, but the gore system IS getting revamped in the next version. Apparently my settings to reduce gore were a little bugged, but they should work soon.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

One more thing: did you try playing Sigil with Heretical Doom?
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Any chance of a texture/skybox mod to fully convert Doom into a Heretic experience?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

AvzinElkein wrote:One more thing: did you try playing Sigil with Heretical Doom?
Not yet. I can imagine it will break it pretty thoroughly (even with my new difficulty adjustments) but I do plan to test it when I have the time
Darman Macray wrote:Any chance of a texture/skybox mod to fully convert Doom into a Heretic experience?
I don't plan on doing any texture adjustments like that, just the voxel replacers. but there are a few projects out there that replace Doom/2 textures with Heretic/2/Hexen equivalents, so any of those should work with the mod easily :D
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Ryuhi wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:One more thing: did you try playing Sigil with Heretical Doom?
Not yet. I can imagine it will break it pretty thoroughly (even with my new difficulty adjustments) but I do plan to test it when I have the time
Darman Macray wrote:Any chance of a texture/skybox mod to fully convert Doom into a Heretic experience?
I don't plan on doing any texture adjustments like that, just the voxel replacers. but there are a few projects out there that replace Doom/2 textures with Heretic/2/Hexen equivalents, so any of those should work with the mod easily :D
Neat! I'd love to check those out! Great job with mod, BTW!
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Darman Macray wrote:
Ryuhi wrote:
Neat! I'd love to check those out! Great job with mod, BTW!
Are any of the Heretic Doom texture mods still alive? I've found two or three that have either been abandoned or have an expired download :(
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

I don't plan on doing any texture adjustments like that, just the voxel replacers. but there are a few projects out there that replace Doom/2 textures with Heretic/2/Hexen equivalents, so any of those should work with the mod easily :D[/quote]

Neat! I'd love to check those out! Great job with mod, BTW![/quote]

Are any of the Heretic Doom texture mods still alive? I've found two or three that have either been abandoned or have an expired download :([/quote]

FOUND ONE!

For anyone else who was looking: viewtopic.php?t=31134
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

This mod is awesome mate
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

I know this is most likely a no, but is there anyway to transfer one's experience level from one game to another (EX: Hexen to Dark Kings of the Citadel)?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Darman Macray wrote:I know this is most likely a no, but is there anyway to transfer one's experience level from one game to another (EX: Hexen to Dark Kings of the Citadel)?
I honestly don't think that's possible; sorry.
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Darman Macray wrote:I know this is most likely a no, but is there anyway to transfer one's experience level from one game to another (EX: Hexen to Dark Kings of the Citadel)?
I honestly don't think that's possible; sorry.
I thought as much :(
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

Just played this mod it's freaking awesome btw I can't believe I overlooked this at first,

Has anyone tried this with eviternity map? it feels like a new game :) and the map theme fits like a glove.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Best of luck, Ryuhi.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Hi.

Could anyone recommend a good mappack to play with the mod? Doom maps aren't lore-friendly because of elevators, buttons or lights.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”