Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.4 - THE DREADED BALANCE PATCH

Post by Ryuhi »

JasmairoQY wrote:"Melee Staff now has a new attack: Whirling Dervish!"
Doesnt execute if you are using the powered staff.

Also what did you "fix" with the tomed left click shot from the Phoenix Rod? i have to sustain fire for 10 seconds straight to even kill an Iron Lich
its not made for raw damage, especially vs bosses. The Phoenix Rod's powered fire was always supposed to be about crowd control and stunlocking consistently

as for the dervish, i'll likely add a powered version in the future, but for now, its unpowered only
JasmairoQY

Post by JasmairoQY »

You dont have access to the new Firemace Pod summoning if you have the "Access to all Altfires" option, it instead uses the old version which was just unpowered alt. Also the pods seem immune to be shot by the firemace itself, only the balls from the Phoenix + Firemace combo can damage the pods, everything else works.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

JasmairoQY wrote:You dont have access to the new Firemace Pod summoning if you have the "Access to all Altfires" option, it instead uses the old version which was just unpowered alt.
Hm, that's a bug, forgot to add an exclusion for how that CVAR works. should be an easy fix though.
Also the pods seem immune to be shot by the firemace itself, only the balls from the Phoenix + Firemace combo can damage the pods, everything else works.
Somewhat intentional. Those orbs shouldn't be able to detonate them either, so i'll have to go back and fix that as well.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I assume that Heretical Doom Monsters is incompatible with Guncaster.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

AvzinElkein wrote:I assume that Heretical Doom Monsters is incompatible with Guncaster.
By itself, but it should work just fine with Dinosaur Nerd's awesome compatibility adapter
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Dunno if this should count, but it seems that a minor goof appeared while loading (which shouldn't affect gameplay, but still): [Undefined drop item class CellBox referenced from actor DoomWindClaw] (loaded Heretical Doom then the monsters; same message played when loaded the other way)
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

AvzinElkein wrote:Dunno if this should count, but it seems that a minor goof appeared while loading (which shouldn't affect gameplay, but still): [Undefined drop item class CellBox referenced from actor DoomWindClaw] (loaded Heretical Doom then the monsters; same message played when loaded the other way)
Thanks for bringing it up, wrong name for an ammo drop, thought I got em all but I guess I missed one. Should be an easy fix.

I also noticed some of the projectiles aren't properly displaying their Brutal Heretic 3d model tracers when the CVAR is enabled, so I'll try to get those ironed out as well.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Ryuhi wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:Dunno if this should count, but it seems that a minor goof appeared while loading (which shouldn't affect gameplay, but still): [Undefined drop item class CellBox referenced from actor DoomWindClaw] (loaded Heretical Doom then the monsters; same message played when loaded the other way)
Thanks for bringing it up, wrong name for an ammo drop, thought I got em all but I guess I missed one. Should be an easy fix.

I also noticed some of the projectiles aren't properly displaying their Brutal Heretic 3d model tracers when the CVAR is enabled, so I'll try to get those ironed out as well.
Got it. I'll wait for the fix.
JasmairoQY

Post by JasmairoQY »

It seems that the powered spinning melee staff attack no longer reflects projectiles as well hitting enemies, it just hits them and sucks them to you but no longer reflects. It only does it if it is unpowered, and i dont see that change on the log.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

JasmairoQY wrote:It seems that the powered spinning melee staff attack no longer reflects projectiles as well hitting enemies, it just hits them and sucks them to you but no longer reflects. It only does it if it is unpowered, and i dont see that change on the log.
Its actually been like that for a while, it will still reflect projectiles but you are not invincible to them when they reflect (so you will still take damage.) The reflector method used for the unpowered version is actually spawning a separate actor with how it works (which makes it incompatible with actually dealing damage correctly,) and making the player reflect-invulnerable like in the earliest versions of the mod is highly exploitable. I want to say its been this way since.... 0.8? Somewhere around there.
batos2

Post by batos2 »

To the 8-Bit Red Haired Girl in the mod

Garnet Til Alexandros, are you? :o
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

batos2 wrote:To the 8-Bit Red Haired Girl in the mod

Garnet Til Alexandros, are you? :o
nah, the current placeholder is based on Yae from the Ganbare Goemon series :)

Lots more work being done on the monster enhancements in the base mod, doom is done and heretic/hexen are both about 50% complete.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Best of luck finishing up the thing.
HauntLich

Post by HauntLich »

Fantastic mod, I've really been enjoying the hell out of it.
I do have a pretty major issue though, it seems that using a button to Run causes Corvus to lurch forward at insane speeds in short bursts. This occurs even if I hit the key to run while he's dead.
I've tried remapping it, enabling/disabling autorun, and nothing seems to work to fix this.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

HauntLich wrote:Fantastic mod, I've really been enjoying the hell out of it.
I do have a pretty major issue though, it seems that using a button to Run causes Corvus to lurch forward at insane speeds in short bursts. This occurs even if I hit the key to run while he's dead.
I've tried remapping it, enabling/disabling autorun, and nothing seems to work to fix this.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I have literally no idea what is causing this, and it doesnt matter which versions of GZDoom it is, but its something new to 1.4. I always play with autorun on so I never would have even known about it, so thanks for the bug report! now time to try to find the culprit :cry:

That said, been making a lot of progress under the hood with the whole quarantine and all, should hopefully have some good news soon

Edit:
oh, I found the culprit~ I was helping someone make a dash script and forgot to remove it from the ACS file because I'm actually dumb. Timetable for the next patch just got moved up as thats a pretty important bugfix!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”