Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.1 - Updated Monster Addon!

Post by Ryuhi »

Heretical Doom Monsters v0.3 is out! Lot of changes on this one and the first post has been updated with the link as well as the changelog.

Most of the monsters now have CVARs that control their behavior, and can be toggled mid-level with a very small delay before they take effect. Customize the hordes of hell to your own liking :D
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Can HD Monsters be run by itself, or does it still have dependencies on the full mod?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

i tried to make a compat patch, but it caused problems when run with the base mod. I plan to have it worked out in the future though, since i was able to get it to work with a handful (namely Trailblazer and LaTailorGirl)
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

There we go, should now be fixed. download link updated, should be v0.3a and have a compatibility patch inside the .rar.

Just load your gameplay mod first, then HDMonsters, then the compat patch. Granted its not perfect, but there should be minimal conflicts and all ammo drops and replacers should work correctly.
darkshark3

Post by darkshark3 »

Awesome mod so far! Feels great to play and can't wait for it to eventually support actual Heretic and Hexen. Have you considered a mixed monster option? I don't know if this has been suggested before, apologies if it has, but I'd love to fight both Doom and Heretic monsters at the same time (and I guess Heretic and Hexen monsters when Hexen support happens?)
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

darkshark3 wrote:Awesome mod so far! Feels great to play and can't wait for it to eventually support actual Heretic and Hexen. Have you considered a mixed monster option? I don't know if this has been suggested before, apologies if it has, but I'd love to fight both Doom and Heretic monsters at the same time (and I guess Heretic and Hexen monsters when Hexen support happens?)
thanks, glad you're enjoying it! heretic and hexen should both be 100% with the current build (v1.1), and strife works very well but has a few bugs I havent worked around yet.

as for the monster addon, there are a few randomizers that mix heretic/doom/hexen monsters, so I don't plan to go directly into that.... however, a few enemies like wendigos do show up to fill out the roster when using Doom wads.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

by the way, I hope everyone enjoys my updated melee staff! Here's a preview of whats to come:

darkshark3

Post by darkshark3 »

Ryuhi wrote: thanks, glad you're enjoying it! heretic and hexen should both be 100% with the current build (v1.1), and strife works very well but has a few bugs I havent worked around yet.

as for the monster addon, there are a few randomizers that mix heretic/doom/hexen monsters, so I don't plan to go directly into that.... however, a few enemies like wendigos do show up to fill out the roster when using Doom wads.
Ah, cool! Last info I saw said support for them was still tbd, good to know.

And I'm having a hard time finding a good randomizer, you wouldn't happen to have any examples off the top of your head? I found one designed for guncaster, an early version of which has heretic and hexen monsters, but being designed to go with GC its got some monsters that are a bit too powerful/hard for what I'm looking for.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I don't really know of many randomizers with raven support, but for doom i like using colorful hell and doomkraken's monster randomizer.

the current version of the HDMonsters addon has a few alternate versions of monsters sprinkled in (namely the saberclaw and wizard) and there should be more in coming versionsl I do also plan to make a Hexen monster improvement in time, so I might create a "Raven Randomizer" when i'm (eventually) finished
darkshark3

Post by darkshark3 »

Ryuhi wrote: I do also plan to make a Hexen monster improvement in time, so I might create a "Raven Randomizer" when i'm (eventually) finished
That would be super cool. Either way I look forward to seeing this mod get even better than it already is. You're doing some awesome stuff here, those new staff moves look ridiculous in a good way :D
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I tried loading it on v3.2.5, but I got some error messages: https://imgur.com/a/n86Ld
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

That should be entirely harmless, it has to do with a HUD effect thats specific to the monster addon.
KAPPE

Post by KAPPE »

Ryuhi wrote:
*Use the compatibility patch if you would like to use HDMonsters with other gameplay mods thats do not alter monsters. Tested with Trailblazer1.4b, LaTailorGirlv1_40, and Samsara v0.3666
Hello, can I play this mod with the heretic monsters and trailblazer?
Where is this compatibility patch that you mentioned?
I cant find a link for it anywhere on the main post.
Another thing, should the monsters add on be loaded before or after the gameplay mod of choice?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Ryuhi wrote:That should be entirely harmless, it has to do with a HUD effect thats specific to the monster addon.
Do you mean the "chillyslow" thing?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

KAPPE wrote:
Ryuhi wrote:
*Use the compatibility patch if you would like to use HDMonsters with other gameplay mods thats do not alter monsters. Tested with Trailblazer1.4b, LaTailorGirlv1_40, and Samsara v0.3666
Hello, can I play this mod with the heretic monsters and trailblazer?
Where is this compatibility patch that you mentioned?
I cant find a link for it anywhere on the main post.
Another thing, should the monsters add on be loaded before or after the gameplay mod of choice?
there is a download in the first post for a zip file with 3 files inside of it, (the changelog, monsters 0.3a, and the compat patch.) in order to use it with mods like trailblazer, the order should be Trailblazer, then HDMonsters, then the compat patch.
Do you mean the "chillyslow" thing?
Yeah. were you running into a different problem other than that?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”