Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.2 - Making Melee Fun Again!

Post by Ryuhi »

dangopacito wrote:the kick attack alerts enemies in strife and it kinda breaks immersion
The melee staff follows the same no alert as the punch dagger when playing in strife. This is intentional and immersive as its meant to be hitting acolytes upside the head with a big stick :D

Strife in general definitely needs some more love, I'd get to it with this release but I don't want to delay it even further. One of my first priorities for next time is making things work properly with the ZSDF.
dangopacito

Re: Heretical Doom v1.2 - Making Melee Fun Again!

Post by dangopacito »

kinda doesn't make sense to alert enemies by just kicking maybe if the character grunts while kicking maybe
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.3 - Options Upon Options!

Post by Ryuhi »

1.3 is live! Check out the patch notes, as there's a lot of neat changes that were made this time around, including a crapton of CVARs you can change in the options.

also as always, feel free to report any bugs or glitches that I may have missed.
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

Nice! Hoping the classic caster mode's been fixed for Hexen.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

hybridial wrote:Nice! Hoping the classic caster mode's been fixed for Hexen.
Crap, completely forgot about that, thanks for the reminder! Uploading the fix now.

Aaaaaand fixed. Sorry about that!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Sad to see the Flight spell disappear... :(

P.S. Due to changes done to Guncaster, your enemies mod won't work with it anymore, even with the compat patch... (I may be wrong.)
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

AvzinElkein wrote:Sad to see the Flight spell disappear... :(

P.S. Due to changes done to Guncaster, your enemies mod won't work with it anymore, even with the compat patch... (I may be wrong.)
Guncaster is never really supposed to work with other monster mods, as it uses a lot of monster replacement definitions.

Also, I phased out the flight spell due to its redundancy. The staff twirl/polevault can cover most of its applications
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

For me Mediafire says the upload is still in progress without giving an approximate time, anyone else have this too?
@Ryuhi Or maybe another mirror? :P
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

weird. I just reuploaded it to make sure, but it should be fine now.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Thanks, was able to download it now. Just did a quick test, the staff instant deselecting is still there, but blue and green mana give ammo for the classic caster now, so I'm happy :D
However, blue mana is a voxel while green and combined mana is still a sprite, don't remember how it was in 1.2, intentional?

EDIT: The BrutalMeleeStaff deselects properly, but you forgot the ClassicMeleeStaff, could happen to anyone :)
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

Vanquishing enemies with absurdly powerful magic is still just as fun as ever, but I greatly appreciate the addition of new options. Speaking of that, though, the reduced gore option for monsters doesn't seem to do much. They still explode into vision-obstructing amounts of blood when you shoot them, especially when you score a headshot. Is the option broken or working as intended?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Samarai1000 wrote:Vanquishing enemies with absurdly powerful magic is still just as fun as ever, but I greatly appreciate the addition of new options. Speaking of that, though, the reduced gore option for monsters doesn't seem to do much. They still explode into vision-obstructing amounts of blood when you shoot them, especially when you score a headshot. Is the option broken or working as intended?
Its currently "reduced" but not "disabled." I plan to be reworking a lot of the blood and gore in the next version, but its still going to be a ways off.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Was the flight ability removed because it could break maps or something?? I kinda miss that one, was pretty damn useful and fun to use.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Yeah, it was pretty broken on a lot of maps. I may end up adding the wings of wrath back in to the item pool if people want it to come back, not sure yet.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Thanks, was able to download it now. Just did a quick test, the staff instant deselecting is still there, but blue and green mana give ammo for the classic caster now, so I'm happy :D
However, blue mana is a voxel while green and combined mana is still a sprite, don't remember how it was in 1.2, intentional?

EDIT: The BrutalMeleeStaff deselects properly, but you forgot the ClassicMeleeStaff, could happen to anyone :)
The voxel was provided originally for the monster pack by Reikall, and I completely forgot to ask him for ones for green and red as well. As for the staff deselect, my bad :(

TBH I have a really hard time keeping up with playtesting both modes across every IWAD, so any reports like that are always super helpful.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”