Heretical Doom v1.5 - Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs, oh my!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.0 - WE DID IT GUYS!

Post by Ryuhi »

Doomenator wrote:
Spoiler:
lmao, yeah I'm aware of that, I haven't found a way to really fix it unfortunately. it has to do with the thrust call specifically on liquid textures I think. I've been trying things here and there over the past few versions, but any solutions would be appreciated~
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Ryuhi wrote:lmao, yeah I'm aware of that, I haven't found a way to really fix it unfortunately. it has to do with the thrust call specifically on liquid textures I think. I've been trying things here and there over the past few versions, but any solutions would be appreciated~
Just look how it is done in complex-doom.
Spoiler:
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Complex Doom does not have a gravity effect on the mines, which is what is causing the issue. Removing it removes the water splashes on the firemace mines as well.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I'm not sure if you ever intended the monsters addon to be used separately from the main mod itself, but I was using it to play a Heretic mapset with another gameplay mod. It works almost perfectly except that ghosts do nothing since the GhostAction items don't exist without the main file.

I actually went through an entire mapset thinking they were supposed to be some kind of weird wax statue kind of decoration thing. :oops:
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I will make it a standalone monster replacer in due time, but for now it's still an addon (mainly to avoid redundancy issues in the code)

I will also have a newer version ready in a week or two with some new death animations :D
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

New version coming out VERY soon, just putting some last minute playtesting in compatibility to Hexen and Strife (which I admit, was sorely lacking.)
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

It seems Mr.Icarus made a review on the mod!
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I'm glad he liked it! :D I learned about a lot of my favorite mods through his reviews, so I'm pretty stoked.

I'll be taking a few of his suggestions into consideration with the upcoming update (I absolutely agree with him about keybinds, been trying to tame that beast for a while) which is almost done, ran into some bugs I'm trying to work out.
Massaraksh

Post by Massaraksh »

Doesn't actually work with Strife, this is what I get:

Script error, "HereticalDoom 1.0.pk3:decorate.spawners" line 101:
Parent type 'AmuletofProtection' not found in StrifeRadsuit
Script error, "HereticalDoom 1.0.pk3:decorate.spawners" line 153:
Parent type 'BrutalTomeOfPower' not found in StrifeTomeOfPower
Script warning, "HereticalDoom 1.0.pk3:decorate.hellstaff" line 119:
Unknown class name '' of type 'Actor'
Execution could not continue.
2 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts

Latest version of GZ.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Sorry, that's something that started popping up in newer GZdooms. I've already fixed it for the next version, which should be out soon.

(Strife was pretty low on my priority list, but I've gone back over it quite a bit)
Ryuhi

Re: Heretical Doom v1.1 - Shocking and Delicious!

Post by Ryuhi »

Version 1.1 is all ready to go! The download link is in the first post as usual.

When doing the last playtest stream, I recorded a section explaining and demonstrating some of the new mechanics for this version. Feel free to check it out!

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Also IT WILL CURRENTLY WORK IN STRIFE AND CHEX AGAIN ON NEWER VERSIONS OF GZDOOM! I'm also putting a lot more effort into strife and hexen than I was in the past, so they should be much more balanced now (and should continue to improve with future versions)
BcSeed7

Post by BcSeed7 »

Great wad, but some things dont work with BDMonstersOnly, like casting or changing spells, it give some "scripts" error.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Many things don't work with BD monsters.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

It's BD monsters don't work with many things. :biggrin:
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

BcSeed7 wrote:Great wad, but some things dont work with BDMonstersOnly, like casting or changing spells, it give some "scripts" error.
change your load order with ZDL, it always works for me if loading heretical doom AFTER bdmonsters. same with PB3 monsters as well.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”