Space Hunter: vintage Metroid action UPDATE [4/8/20]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Space Hunter: vintage Metroid inspired action

Postby SladeEXE » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:42 am

Encountered a problem with the HUD.
Screenshot_Doom_20170728_143847.png

Never mind. I figured it out the problem. Running the mod vulkan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SladeEXE

Postby Voltcom9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:58 pm

I love this mod! Really interesting change to the gameplay mechanics. The one thing I noticed that was clearly missing was a cameo from a metroid. Aside from that this mod was absolutely fantastic and I'm interested to see future implementations. Great job.
Voltcom9
the invisible member

Postby TheyCameFromHell » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:31 pm

This is fuckin' awesome!
TheyCameFromHell

Postby LukasG2004 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Is there deathmatch compatability?
LukasG2004
LJG

Discord: LJG#7048

Postby Meyers07 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Pretty good! As usual, my feedback:
-Replace monsters to those inspired by Metroid but still act like Doom monsters, up to Kraid replace Cyberdemon and Ridley replace Spider Mastermind.
-A universal change of MAP30 to Mother Brain's lair. It will be the same as Icon of Sin but Mother Brain is more exposed, allowing it to be easier to shoot without the need to raise the platform. In exchange it will have more HP, and an escape sequence if possible.
-Replace the intermissions and endings.
Meyers07

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Meyers07 wrote:Pretty good! As usual, my feedback:
-Replace monsters to those inspired by Metroid but still act like Doom monsters, up to Kraid replace Cyberdemon and Ridley replace Spider Mastermind.
-A universal change of MAP30 to Mother Brain's lair. It will be the same as Icon of Sin but Mother Brain is more exposed, allowing it to be easier to shoot without the need to raise the platform. In exchange it will have more HP, and an escape sequence if possible.
-Replace the intermissions and endings.

No metroid monster replacements, I made slight edits to the Doom monsters as I wanted this to be mainly be a Doomguy using Metroid weapons. Though I have more plans for that rifle weapon in the future. Just not here.
As for the level replacements and intermission/ending things, sorry but no, as I said in the GMOTA thread this is a wildly varying thing from .wad to .wad

I don't think I'll be doing any more major updates to Space Hunter anyways, as my current plans are to finish GMOTA and Combined_Arms and move onto making standalone games.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby theroguemonk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:52 pm

looks amazing i still would like the normal sway of the gun ... amazing
theroguemonk
Banned User

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Space Hunter: vintage Metroid action UPDATE [4/8/20]

Postby Combine_Kegan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:11 pm

I've done a small update for Space Hunter, including the option to manually disable the ice beam, along with CVARs to disable a certain monster spawning where chaingunners often are, along with their special weapon drops.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Re: Space Hunter: vintage Metroid action UPDATE [4/8/20]

Postby CasualScrub » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Was not expecting Space Hunter to get an update. I often forget that this is one of your mods, since it's been unfortunately overshadowed by Combined Arms and GMOTA.
CasualScrub

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods