Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
monkeybtm6

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.1.0

Post by monkeybtm6 »

little bit of a preview to show further compatibility, expect this update to take a little while though.

Last edited by wildweasel on Sun May 07, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image is too large, so I've corrected it. Please read the Image Posting Guidelines!
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

Do you think you can do anything with the extra artifact drops?
I managed to grab all artifacts in 5 or 6 maps when playing Epic2, but they just kept dropping and i couldn't pick them up, which made me feel sad :C
Maybe extra artifacts could give mana or experience? Or maybe they can become stronger the more you pick up?(The guardians could get stronger and stronger projectiles, rage could last longer, ammo synth could create more ammo/more rockets and cells etc.)
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

AgentSpooks wrote:Do you think you can do anything with the extra artifact drops?
I managed to grab all artifacts in 5 or 6 maps when playing Epic2, but they just kept dropping and i couldn't pick them up, which made me feel sad :C
Maybe extra artifacts could give mana or experience? Or maybe they can become stronger the more you pick up?(The guardians could get stronger and stronger projectiles, rage could last longer, ammo synth could create more ammo/more rockets and cells etc.)
this has been fixed among a LOT of other bugs, im actually going to be releasing a massive patch later today, just some final cleanup i gotta do :D
monkeybtm6

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.5.0 Major update

Post by monkeybtm6 »

1.5.0 UPDATE!

Rather huge changelog this time

Code: Select all

1.5.0:
-Can no longer waste points on a maxed out stat
-Mana renamed to Energy to avoid confusion in hexen.
-Can no longer gain experience by killing your own summons.
-Summons now have their own attack.
-Added a skills system.
-Fixed bug where random stat allocation would occassionally eat stat points.
-Fixed errors in hexen.
-Fixed ACS errors that were appearing in several mods and games. Load order shouldnt matter so much now
-Menu system entirely recoded.
-Health bonuses and soulspheres should max out at 100 above max health now.
-Added Holy Fire spell.
-All stat effects have been buffed, suggest turning stat points per level down.
-Now all enemy deaths give experience, infighting and enviroment alike.
and some screenshots like
IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by IdiotBitz »

I've quite enjoyed the newest update for this mod. The new skills adds in essential depth to the rpg element. Yet there are two things that are currently bugging me.

-Defense is increased by 5% per point instead of 0.5%. What happens because of this is you reach the defense cap after putting only 10 points into it, but you can continue to add points, they just don't do anything.

-The mod Trailblazer is mostly compatible with this mod, however there's only 1 problem (that I know of) that's hindering this.
This item in the image below has a chance to replace the health bonus spawns. What it does is simply add 1 to your maximum health, with no limit on how many times it can be picked up.
The problem lies not with Trailblazer, but with this mod. What the Vitality stat does in contrast to Trailblazer is that it does not add to the maximum health, it sets it to a certain value to correspond with the Vitality stat and nothing else.

To elaborate:
Say I had three points into Vitality, and since each point is worth 5% more health, I now have 115% health. Later on, I pick up six of the red syringe items from the image above. Each one adds 1% to my health, bringing my health up to 121%.
Now say that I level up and add one more point to Vitality, making it at 4 now. What should happen is it adds 5% to my 121%, making it 126%. Instead, it takes how many Vitality points I have, multiplies it by 5, adds 100 to it, and sets that as my health, making it 120%, when it used to be 121% and should've been 126%.

The way to fix this is to change the Vitality stat from instead of setting the max health to a certain value, it simply adds to the max health everytime you add a point, thus allowing for full compatibilty for mods like Trailblazer. (Or really, any mod that messes with the max health of the player)
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

IdiotBitz wrote:I've quite enjoyed the newest update for this mod. The new skills adds in essential depth to the rpg element. Yet there are two things that are currently bugging me.

-Defense is increased by 5% per point instead of 0.5%. What happens because of this is you reach the defense cap after putting only 10 points into it, but you can continue to add points, they just don't do anything.

-The mod Trailblazer is mostly compatible with this mod, however there's only 1 problem (that I know of) that's hindering this.
This item in the image below has a chance to replace the health bonus spawns. What it does is simply add 1 to your maximum health, with no limit on how many times it can be picked up.
The problem lies not with Trailblazer, but with this mod. What the Vitality stat does in contrast to Trailblazer is that it does not add to the maximum health, it sets it to a certain value to correspond with the Vitality stat and nothing else.

To elaborate:
Say I had three points into Vitality, and since each point is worth 5% more health, I now have 115% health. Later on, I pick up six of the red syringe items from the image above. Each one adds 1% to my health, bringing my health up to 121%.
Now say that I level up and add one more point to Vitality, making it at 4 now. What should happen is it adds 5% to my 121%, making it 126%. Instead, it takes how many Vitality points I have, multiplies it by 5, adds 100 to it, and sets that as my health, making it 120%, when it used to be 121% and should've been 126%.

The way to fix this is to change the Vitality stat from instead of setting the max health to a certain value, it simply adds to the max health everytime you add a point, thus allowing for full compatibilty for mods like Trailblazer. (Or really, any mod that messes with the max health of the player)
well the defense thing was a minor thing and i already hotfixed it right now, didn't even bother changing the version number. however its gonna take some time to think about how to tackle that max health thing. how to keep it balanced yet not have that odd behavior. theres some internal reasons why i have it set the way i do, mostly related to how it saves character data.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I played around with this a bit with Doomzone and I'm actually really impressed with how lightweight it is. I had no compatibility problems, which is great considering it not only replaces all the weapons, but also all the monsters and adds various player classes with different loadouts. I played through a few levels of the Hell on Earth Starter pack and it was fun having that extra bit of RPG element alongside my mod of choice. This was on the last stable build. I haven't tried out the Git version yet, are there any big additions in there?

Honestly the only suggestion I'd have for this is just more of everything cause it's already fun. I'd love to see more skills, more stats, etc. eventually.
DarkWarrior1995

Post by DarkWarrior1995 »

IdiotBitz wrote: -The mod Trailblazer is mostly compatible with this mod, however there's only 1 problem (that I know of) that's hindering this.

To elaborate:

It's not just Trailblazer, either. Tried giving this a spin with the Nightmare of the Sin gameplay wad and any Life Max Ups collected are also being effectively 'removed' after improving the player's Vitality attribute. I suspect that any other wads that do this sort of thing would also be affected. Dunno if this helps narrow down any solutions, but if it does, then there's that.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

-Ghost- wrote:I played around with this a bit with Doomzone and I'm actually really impressed with how lightweight it is. I had no compatibility problems, which is great considering it not only replaces all the weapons, but also all the monsters and adds various player classes with different loadouts. I played through a few levels of the Hell on Earth Starter pack and it was fun having that extra bit of RPG element alongside my mod of choice. This was on the last stable build. I haven't tried out the Git version yet, are there any big additions in there?

Honestly the only suggestion I'd have for this is just more of everything cause it's already fun. I'd love to see more skills, more stats, etc. eventually.
the github i use more as a sort of backup of my current work, generally dont recommend playing it but wouldnt stop you if you did.
yeah skills and spells are going to be the main focus for the foreseeable future. feel its too sparse myself.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

I've created a compatibility patch for Yholl's DoomRLA (Here) and Nameless Lite RPG mod. Basically adding elements from the RPG mod's HUD ontop of the DoomRLA HUD but kept in a separate .wad file you can activate last in the file load order, which shows the Mana and Stat values with tweaks to their positioning to make everything fit nicely.

Here's a temporary download link until I sort out a more permenant one.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Tanksy wrote:I've created a compatibility patch for Yholl's DoomRLA (Here) and Nameless Lite RPG mod. Basically adding elements from the RPG mod's HUD ontop of the DoomRLA HUD but kept in a separate .wad file you can activate last in the file load order, which shows the Mana and Stat values with tweaks to their positioning to make everything fit nicely.

Here's a temporary download link until I sort out a more permenant one.
your patch works great, though i would suggest setting the resolution in sbarinfo to 640 400 to be more compliant with some new features that should be coming in the next update.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

:mrgreen:
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

Thanks for the tip. The reason it's like that is because I pretty much copied over Doom RLA's SBARINFO file and ammended it with the additions to show the Mana and stat points/exp bar. I'll play around with changing it and see what the effect ingame is. The whole patch is likely to change when the next update for Doom RLA comes out with the new HUD stuff anyway.

EDIT:
Taken from my post on the DRLA thread;
Here's a more permenant link Updated file is here -- It's uploaded to my MediaFire account which shouldn't be going anywhere any time soon.

For a quick preview;
Spoiler:
Again, just make sure this mod is loaded after LiteRPG and DoomRLA and you should be good to go.

The HUD changes, AFAIK, only take effect on the fullscreen hud (Screen size 11), I haven't tried it with the statusbar.
And of course, when DRLA updates or LiteRPG updates with different hud functionality, I'll update the compatibility.

EDIT 2:
Updated the link with a newer version, raising the exp/stats higher as they were being obscured by full suit armors quite badly.

I checked out using the higher resolution and it does look nicer, but I want to keep it in-line with DRLA's HUD so instead of changing it outright, I'll figure out a way it can be set in the options menu if that's possible.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

As far as the RLA compatability goes with this mod, it's a bit of a hassle with the item management. With all the drops that can be a collected, it becomes tedious and dangerous to scroll through the large amount of items/spells in clutch situations,( mainly phase devices.) Only way I can think to remedy that is to add hotkeys for the spells used in this mod, and I don't know how much of a headache that would cause the author, so just be prepared to scroll through a long list of items when you want to find one right for the situation. The game still functions almost perfectly with this mod, and is a much better and less over-powered alternative than using RLA with LegenDoom lite.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the health caps at 200. Even with Vampirism, I have not seen my health even reach 205. Only to be expected with 2 different mods being ran together without official coordination, so it's not that big a deal. You can still max your health out at 200 and be able to use medkits and such to reach it, instead of relying solely on Mega and Soulspheres.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

If you use the GitHub version and pack it into a .wad or .pk3, the Spells now work on a separate system where you select and use them on separate keybindings. They don't clutter the inventory up any longer.

Edit:

Been trying out the latest GitHub version; did you raise the required level for the Regen skills or am I imagining it?

When using the Scan skill, I noticed that Lost Souls have their level at "0", and they show things like "25/0" for their health. They also give no EXP when killed. Is this intentional? (Whilst using DRLA)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”