Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someone64

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.5.0 Major update

Post by Someone64 »

I blew a bunch of enemies up all at the same time with a big single explosion (about 20 enemies) and I got the error LevelUpCheck terminated. I then had 999 skill points and stat points.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Someone64 wrote:I blew a bunch of enemies up all at the same time with a big single explosion (about 20 enemies) and I got the error LevelUpCheck terminated. I then had 999 skill points and stat points.
i cant fix that, thats a limitation of zdoom. too many scripts triggered at once.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

I like this, defiantly keeping my eye on this one.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

The problem is that such a thing can happen quite often in Doom specially with mods. I had it happen again but this time with only about 12 enemies and it would happen so often that it can make this mod impossible to use for anything but the tamest Doom mods.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Okay so I noticed that my mod Custom Gun is in your incompatible mods list. I'm currently working on a new version, and I am aiming to make it as compatible as possible!

I've been tinkering with my code and I'm pleased to say I've got the two mods running in harmony. So, be on the lookout for a new, compatible version on the horizon.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

monkeybtm6 wrote:
Someone64 wrote:I blew a bunch of enemies up all at the same time with a big single explosion (about 20 enemies) and I got the error LevelUpCheck terminated. I then had 999 skill points and stat points.
i cant fix that, thats a limitation of zdoom. too many scripts triggered at once.
unfortunately it seems to trigger with BDmonstersonly and PBMonstersBeta as well, but even with single enemies at a time. the game will occasionally hang up on killing an enemy for a moment, then give the runaway script error and you're level 999 (regardless of the cap.) If its a script limit issue then i guess it makes sense.

(just verified its working correctly with colorful hell and doomkraken's monster randomizer, and even gave xp correctly for the monster variants!) :)
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Im going to have to fix all these script overflow bugs people are getting i feel, will require extensive recoding of the entire experience system though so do bare with me.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

monkeybtm6 wrote:Im going to have to fix all these script overflow bugs people are getting i feel, will require extensive recoding of the entire experience system though so do bare with me.
if i can actually replicate the bug first. i cant seem to get it to trigger sooo.... idk what you guys are doing
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

monkeybtm6 wrote:
monkeybtm6 wrote:Im going to have to fix all these script overflow bugs people are getting i feel, will require extensive recoding of the entire experience system though so do bare with me.
if i can actually replicate the bug first. i cant seem to get it to trigger sooo.... idk what you guys are doing
oooh it only triggers with brutal doom...lmao, think this is brutal dooms fault not my mod.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I think it has to do with the various death/wounded states, maybe? With other monster replacers that are more vanilla it seems to work as intended, havent tested a large scale kill yet though (the space nuke from guncaster would probably be a good way to test that lol)
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

monkeybtm6 wrote:if i can actually replicate the bug first. i cant seem to get it to trigger sooo.... idk what you guys are doing
Valiant map08 (first map of ep2). That bit behind red door has a whole lot of revenants in crusher trap, it triggers the bug every time.
Also, you might want to increase armor regen's Armor.SavePercent up to 33 (same as armor bonus).
monkeybtm6

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Updated to 1.6.0, check the changelog in the first post for details.

(remember to update the hexen heretic and strife patches.)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

The Herectic patch does not work with me, the Doom worked normal, Hexen and Strife did not test, I use the latest version of GZDoom sera what can it be?
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

You know a mod is well made, when it has a list of mods it's NOT compatible with. Great mod, monkey. Keep up the badassery.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:The Herectic patch does not work with me, the Doom worked normal, Hexen and Strife did not test, I use the latest version of GZDoom sera what can it be?
Sorry about that, accidently uploaded the old version, should be fixed now, make sure the patches are always loaded after the main mod, use ZDL for that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”