scalliano's SUPER Shuffle! - MASSIVE UPDATE!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
scalliano

scalliano's SUPER Shuffle! - MASSIVE UPDATE!

Post by scalliano »

You thought it was dead. You thought this crap had been abandoned forever.

No such luck, I'm afraid.

The mod that launched a thousand shady knockoffs and coined the term "Shuffle Mod" is BACK and EVEN MORE unbalanced than ever! More monsters! More items! More weapons than ever before! As if the original's squillion guns wasn't difficult enough to manage!

But wait, there's more! Introducing:

PURE MODE!

That's right, you spoke, we listened! Now you can enjoy all the fun of not having a clue what just 1-shotted you without the hassle of scrolling through two dozen weapons just to find the one you need!

And it doesn't end there - with Pure Mode comes the newest addition to the Shuffle compendium - PLAYER CLASSES! Now it's not just Doomguy on your side - sSS comes correct with not one, not two, but EIGHT characters, all with their own loadouts, some you may recognise from the mods from which they were unashamedly lifted!

CHARACTERS:
Spoiler:
HOW TO USE:
Spoiler:
KNOWN ISSUES:
- MOD NO WORK WITH PRE 2.4.0 GZDOOM! CANNOT FIX!
- Metric fuckton of error messages on startup, I'm working on those.
- Classic statbar is broken for extra characters. Fullscreen HUD only for now.
- Morse doesn't have any crouch sprites yet, I'm working on those, too.
- Yes, having separate .pk3's for each character is weak, I know. A select screen is on the way.
- IDKFA gives all weapons even in Pure Mode. Thios will be fixed when the mod is restructred.
- Probably loads of others, but this is a lot for one guy to keep track of. Let me know any issues you find!

A full rundown of contents and credits are available in the enclosed ITINERARY.txt file. If I missed anyone, please let me know and accept my humble apologies.

So, without further ado ...

LET'S SHUFFLE!'
Last edited by scalliano on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
durbdoogle

Re: scalliano's SUPER Shuffle!

Post by durbdoogle »

Cool! I remember you teasing something in the other Shuffle thread but I was expecting a release further in the future. Time to shuffle back into the fold :D
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I appear to be unable to draw out all of the vanilla weapons, unless the current weapon I'm holding runs out of ammo.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Yay more randomizers! It would be cool if you could separate the weapon and monster parts of the mod into separate packages so we can mix and match these with other mods, too.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Ribo Zurai wrote:I appear to be unable to draw out all of the vanilla weapons, unless the current weapon I'm holding runs out of ammo.
Strange, I thought I'd fixed that. I'll look into that when I get home from work.
Someone64 wrote:Yay more randomizers! It would be cool if you could separate the weapon and monster parts of the mod into separate packages so we can mix and match these with other mods, too.
This is something I hope to do in the future. The current build is still based on the old file structure but I'm in the process of rebuilding the entire mod from scratch to accommodate the player select. There's a lot to get through, so it may take a while.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Thank you. Complex Doom has been my go-to mod for a while now, but while it's flashy, it's stupidly difficult. I remember the original Shuffle mod being variably difficult, meaning that the experience was very much shaped by what enemies you met and what weapons you got. I'm gonna try this.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I can't believe scalliano isn't dead.
This should be a good bit o' fun. Yum yum.
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

Spoiler:
EDIT: Seems I loaded the files in the wrong order. oops!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Doomenator wrote:So...
http://imgur.com/a/I8wcy
Spoiler:
That's quite cool, actually.

Regarding the vanilla weapons issue, it turns out that during my archive restructuring endeavours, I accidentally uploaded the wrong base file which is missing the all-important KEYCONF for the vanilla weapons. Download is temporarily offline whilst I upload the new version (my new modem still hasn't arrived yet and I'm trying to upload via a 3G mobile hotspot :/).

I'll post back when the fixed version is uploaded.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

I'll definitely try this mod, you know what...downloading right now :D

EDIT: The link give me a 404 error :(
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Download is back online. Have fun, everyone!

EDIT: Just discovered the sprite clash mentioned above. Why do I only find these things after I go live?
Last edited by scalliano on Tue May 02, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

scalliano wrote:Download is back online. Have fun, everyone!
It worked. :thumb:
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

scalliano wrote:Just discovered the sprite clash mentioned above. Why do I only find these things after I go live?
Oh, that error was in the base file itself? In that case I went through the other weapons a bit, and it seems the FragGrenade weapon uses the sprite of the HandGrenade weapon's grenade projectile.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I released this way too early.

Currently working on a fix and scanning through the rest of the latest additions to see if there are any more. Thanks for that :) Let me know if you find anything else.

EDIT: Found a couple of others, fixed and uploaded. Damn, am I glad I didn't go full .pk3 just yet ...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”