scalliano's SUPER Shuffle! - MASSIVE UPDATE!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
salahmander2

Re: scalliano's SUPER Shuffle!

Post by salahmander2 »

Spaceman333 wrote:After 10 playthroughs, I've noticed two bugs:

1. Some monsters create phantom monsters objects, making it impossible to officially kill all 100% monsters in a level. I'm able to destroy everything in a level, but after doing so the killcount usually says 226/227 or 480/486 (confirmed with IDDTx2 and kill monsters console command, which returns "0 monsters killed" in this event). I do not know which enemy/enemies does it. I was not able to pin-point them at a glance during play. It might be something that they spawn or something they do before, during or after their deaths. Some actors do not properly handle its +MONSTER or +/-COUNTKILL flag.
Upon playing it, I've noticed it's actually being caused by the bombs the Catharsi drop upon death, makes sense since it's got the monster flag (has to, otherwise the bomb spread doesn't work as intended) but not the -COUNTKILL flag.
Spaceman333

Re: scalliano's SUPER Shuffle!

Post by Spaceman333 »

salahmander2 wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:After 10 playthroughs, I've noticed two bugs:

1. Some monsters create phantom monsters objects, making it impossible to officially kill all 100% monsters in a level. I'm able to destroy everything in a level, but after doing so the killcount usually says 226/227 or 480/486 (confirmed with IDDTx2 and kill monsters console command, which returns "0 monsters killed" in this event). I do not know which enemy/enemies does it. I was not able to pin-point them at a glance during play. It might be something that they spawn or something they do before, during or after their deaths. Some actors do not properly handle its +MONSTER or +/-COUNTKILL flag.
Upon playing it, I've noticed it's actually being caused by the bombs the Catharsi drop upon death, makes sense since it's got the monster flag (has to, otherwise the bomb spread doesn't work as intended) but not the -COUNTKILL flag.
Holy shit YES! Finally I can fix that! Thank you! :D
salahmander2

Re: scalliano's SUPER Shuffle! - MASSIVE UPDATE!

Post by salahmander2 »

Moreover on that bug, I've also seen from the spawn state, there's absolutely nothing that directs it to the death state, it simply stops at the end of the spawn state.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

salahmander2 wrote:Moreover on that bug, I've also seen from the spawn state, there's absolutely nothing that directs it to the death state, it simply stops at the end of the spawn state.
I didn't even notice that, thank you for mentioning that too!

I've fixed up the catharsi bugs, rebalanced some of the weapons fixing some of the problems with them (making underpowered/useless weapons worthy and tweaking some minor things). If anyone wants it, I can upload it as unofficial patch on moddb.

Hmm, just played a bit and there is still some monster or something that is causing empty killcounts. Atleast catharsi aren't the one that do it anymore, but there is someone else out there.

EDIT: Aha, found another one! Supreme Fiend Boss's remote bombs are also missing a -COUNTKILL flag. Hopefully this one was the last one.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Spaceman333 wrote:
EDIT: Aha, found another one! Supreme Fiend Boss's remote bombs are also missing a -COUNTKILL flag. Hopefully this one was the last one.
Looking at the coding, it calls A_Die in the melee state so it should count as it goes towards to the death state.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

salahmander2 wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:
Looking at the coding, it calls A_Die in the melee state so it should count as it goes towards to the death state.
Ah darn, false hit then I guess. I saw the remote bombs more as projectiles than as complete monsters, so it seemed right to have -COUNTKILL on them, but yeah this doesn't solve the killcount bug. :(
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Ahhh, found another, the Moloch's Wraith attack, same deal, no -COUNTKILL flag.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

salahmander2 wrote:Ahhh, found another, the Moloch's Wraith attack, same deal, no -COUNTKILL flag.
Good find, another killcount inflater down. Thought looking at the code it seems like its a non-disposable monsters like the remote bombs of the supreme fiend or the dropped catharsi bomb. If I'm guessing this correctly, a monster is handled well if it is shootable, has health and a death state that ends with a "stop", which this new one seems to have all in order, so maybe its not causing the bug?

I also saw an actor called "HS" that is spawned by the boss monster called "Overlord", thought I can't find the decorate definition for it within Overlord's decorate file. The HS thing is a wierd red blob that floats towards the player and behaves like an actor, though is similar to supreme fiend's tracking remote bomb actor, so it should definitely need a -COUNTKILL flag if it doesn't have one. Not sure where to look for this HS though.

EDIT: Apparently monster Helemental also spawns actor "HS" as an attack, but it too doesn't have HS's decorate definition in it either. Ugh where are you little bugger?
Last edited by Spaceman333 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Wow, lots to be getting on with here. I'll get on those as soon as I get the chance.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

The HS is in the Death Incarnate WAD, but from my experience with any monster that spawns them, I've never had any trouble with them messing up the kill count. Especially when I'm a cheap bastard and using methods to stop them from spawning them. >:)
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

salahmander2 wrote:The HS is in the Death Incarnate WAD, but from my experience with any monster that spawns them, I've never had any trouble with them messing up the kill count. Especially when I'm a cheap bastard and using methods to stop them from spawning them. >:)
*Promtly goes to apply -COUNTKILL to it anyway*

I'm going for the nuclear option, the only way to be sure. Also maybe Death Incarnate is the culprit here, I just saw this:

Code: Select all

Death:
       INCA L 0 A_Jump(192,7)
       INCA LM 7 
       INCA N 7 A_Scream 
       INCA O 7 A_NoBlocking 
       INCA P 7 
       INCA Q -1 
       Stop
       INCA LM 7 
       INCA N 7 A_Scream 
       INCA O 7 A_NoBlocking
       INCA P 7
       INCA Q 0 A_Jump(192,4)
       INCA Q 0 A_Jump(128,4)
       INCA Q 0 A_Jump(96,4)
       INCA Q 0 A_Jump(64,4)
       INCA Q 115 
       INCA Q 115 
       INCA Q 115 
       INCA Q 115 
       INCA Q 115
       INCA Q -1 Thing_Raise(0)       
       Stop
   XDeath: 
    TNT1 A 0 A_GiveToTarget ("CubeAmmo", 1)
       INCX A 10 Bright A_Playsound("monster/incexp")
       INCX BC 5 Bright
       INCX D 5 Bright A_NoBlocking
       INCX D 0 Bright A_SpawnItem("HS",0,32) 
       INCX EFGHIJ 5 Bright
       INCX K -1 
Some states have a -1, which I think means it loops that frame forever, meaning it cannot ever reach stop for the regular death, while XDeath doesn't even have a stop statement in there.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

There is still something off with killcounts.
Just finished playing on a huge map and in the aftermath there were still 200 targets unaccounted for. Prior to this one, I played another smaller map with 370 enemies and that one was successful with 100% kills. Both maps featured a lot of bosses (CRAZY setting in oblige was on).
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Spaceman333 wrote:There is still something off with killcounts.
-snip-
Just finished playing on a huge map and in the aftermath there were still 200 targets unaccounted for. Prior to this one, I played another smaller map with 370 enemies and that one was successful with 100% kills. Both maps featured a lot of bosses (CRAZY setting in oblige was on).
If I recall right, one of the Lost Soul replacements can endlessly replicate itself those replicants can replicate themselves. I think it's the Shade. I encountered this in earlier versions of Shuffle and had to tinker with the Decorate code to make it where it didn't do that. That could be a possible culprit.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Nems wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:There is still something off with killcounts.
-snip-
If I recall right, one of the Lost Soul replacements can endlessly replicate itself those replicants can replicate themselves. I think it's the Shade. I encountered this in earlier versions of Shuffle and had to tinker with the Decorate code to make it where it didn't do that. That could be a possible culprit.
I ran into that issue when playing with the FastMonsters mode back in the previous version, but it not the culprit here. On the screenshot I posted, any live monster is red color, but I've killed them all and then used the "kill monsters" console command to verify it and the problem still persisted.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to decorate, so this might be a dumb question; see this state:

Code: Select all

Death:
		BBRG H 5
		BBRG I 5 A_Scream
		BBRG J 5 A_NoBlocking
		BBRG K 5 A_CustomMissile("SourceGuardianDetonator", 32, 0, Random(6, -6), 0)
		BBRG L -1
		Stop
Does the "-1" on the second last line, before "stop" prevent the actor from fully dying, thus causing the killcount bug?
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

While I have been enjoying the base mod, I can't seem to get any of the classes to work, all of them end up failing to run with
"Script error, "zzmwr2d64.pk3:_mwrd64.wad:DECORATE" line 518:
Attempt to get invalid state See from actor PureArach."

Any idea what that means? I could just be incredible dim and loading things wrong or something.

EDIT: I...promptly figured out the problem shortly after posting this(Friggin approval wait) I had just opened them in the wrong order...ANYWAYS LOVE THE MOD
Last edited by Mataku on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”