scalliano's SUPER Shuffle! - MASSIVE UPDATE!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spaceman333

Re: scalliano's SUPER Shuffle!

Post by Spaceman333 »

scalliano wrote:A full rundown of contents and credits are available in the enclosed ITINERARY.txt file. If I missed anyone, please let me know and accept my humble apologies.
From the sound of it, seems like this is some big project from the past with a lot of content. I'm a newbie, so I don't know what this mod is. Lets see...

*Opens the ITINERARY.txt file*

*Begins scrolling*

*It keeps going*

*It just doesnt stop*

*Still going*

*Holy fuck*

*But wait, theres more!*

*I'm not even halfway through, but my finger is actually tired*

*Are we there yet? Nope.*

*This list is endless man*

Over a thousand lines later, its finally over. Man, this is definitely on the list for the next mods I'm excited to play.
Thank you for releasing this, I'm expecting a lot of fun time to be had with this mod! :D
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Bumping this mod because I wanted to celebrate it.
Spoiler:
I've completed 6 playthroughs with the mod so far and I still have not seen all the content it has to offer. I really enjoy how balanced and polished it is, no gun feels useless even when I've gotten something that seems better at first. It keeps that Vanilla-feeling experience throughout and just amps up the amount of content thousand fold, yet still manages to stay cohesive and feels really enjoyable to play.

Thank you for making this mod, I'm liking it a lot!
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilered screenshots.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Cheers for the positive feedback! Judging by the screenshots, you are clearly better at Doom than I am.

Glad to see you have the right idea and are playing it with Oblige. The way it's meant to be played :grr:
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

How'd you get the enemy healthindicators in two of those screencaps? What addon?
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I'd love to do the Scalli(ano) (Super)Shuffle, but I can't download it. I've had trouble with Google Drive lately. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

scalliano wrote:Judging by the screenshots, you are clearly better at Doom than I am.
Patriot1776 wrote:How'd you get the enemy healthindicators in two of those screencaps? What addon?
I'm actually using a whole bunch of addons to give me a whole bunch of extra features and advantages, so I'd hardly say I'm that good. :mrgreen:
The mod is really challenging and features a lot of quick ways to get instakilled, so I balanced it all out with the following addons:
  • Monster Scouter (Show Enemy HP)
  • Brutal Kick (Hotkey to use the mighty boot while holding any weapon)
  • Omni Shields (On-demand temporary invincibility)
  • Custom Doom (I raised max HP to 200, gave 1hp/s hp regen and a max20armor/40sec regen)
  • Slomo Bulletime Mod (Some enemies are quick, so slowing time down is handy)
  • Nightvision Hotkey (Infinite Ondemand Nightvision hotkey)
  • Uber Artifacts (Makes all original powerup items (blur, soul, mega, invul, berserk, goggle, radsuit) super powerful)
  • JPMobility (Slide on the ground, climb walls, doublejump, cling to walls)
I'm too lazy to provide individual links (you can google them), so I just packed all the mods into a single zip file:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5950021432

Iron Droog

Post by Iron Droog »

Awesome mod man. Love the randomisation you made here. Gonna make sope LP's with it. :twisted:
P.S. got a few flashbacks playing as Elliot. His "nano" weaponry's effectiveness is somewhat questionable. :lol: :lol:
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Yeah, as in Winters Fury, Elliot's crowd control leaves a bit to be desired, being a "low damage, high knockback" kind of character.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

maybe you could make a lite version of this without weps so it would work with other weapon mods?that would be awesome(i tried to do this but im really slow and it would take too much time)
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Getting the set-loadout player classes in was a pain in the arse in and of itself. Nothing short of a complete from-scratch rebuild would make that even remotely possible.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

It's . . . SUPER!!!!! Works well with Oblige, as advertised!
Having the classes is like having a new dance partner each time you play!
I don't mind loading the classes separately. Works just fine.
Thanks for help with the download!
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Was always a big Scalliano shuffle fan over the years and it's great to see it has been updated. DoomRL has been giving me some problemos as of late and until it's done, I'll use this!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

I bring news - Logan is fixed! Players may have noticed that playing as him on certain .WADs caused MASSIVE lag - this was caused by the rather hacky way I had implemented his regenerating health. That method has been replaced by a much cleaner version, so now mapsets such as Valiant and Vanguard are fully playable.

I've updated the download, but for those who don't want to go through the hassle of downloading the entire mod again, you can grab the fixed .pk3 here or here.

Now, about that "no custom monsters" mode ...
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

After 10 playthroughs, I've noticed two bugs:

1. Some monsters create phantom monsters objects, making it impossible to officially kill all 100% monsters in a level. I'm able to destroy everything in a level, but after doing so the killcount usually says 226/227 or 480/486 (confirmed with IDDTx2 and kill monsters console command, which returns "0 monsters killed" in this event). I do not know which enemy/enemies does it. I was not able to pin-point them at a glance during play. It might be something that they spawn or something they do before, during or after their deaths. Some actors do not properly handle its +MONSTER or +/-COUNTKILL flag.

2. On "fastmonsters" difficulty flag modifier being active, I had one instance where a invisible/transparent lost soul (spirit soul was it?) enemy that somehow managed to get stuck into a recursive cycle of multiplying itself very rapidly. I had a level with 600 enemies go up to 2730 enemies within a minute or so. It would have gotten worse if I had not stopped it with "kill monsters" console command. I'm not sure if this could happen without the fastmonsters flag too, but out of 10 playthroughs where 3 were played with fastmonsters flag and it only happened once to this level of severity.

Aside from that, been having a ton of fun, currently doing a 11th playthrough, this time on a full 32-map campaign.

I think some weapons could use more power or other advantages/buffs to them, namely the Repeater (too much ammo use for low damage & pauses to cool down), Flak Gun (too low damage), EMS Rifle (too low damage), Plasmatic Rifle (doesn't feel different to regular Plasmarifle), Devastator (too low damage or too high ammo use. In comparison BFG9000 uses less ammo, is safer, more consistent with its damage focusing), Sonic Railgun's altfire(uses 15 ammo, yet does less damage than the other railgun's main fire) and STRailgun(too low damage or too high ammo use compared to other weapons). I often end up dropping these weapons as soon as I extract the ammo from them, especially if I got any of the better options available.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

1. I'll look into it and see if I can find out what's causing it.

2. Yeah, those things are a pain in the arse - I generally don't play with -fastmonsters but even in regular those things are a nightmare and definitely need rebalancing.

As for the weapons, ammo consumption/damage output is basically unmodified from the source mods and I'm timorous about messing with them, for fear of it turning into an all-out arms race, but taken on board!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”