OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Postby Captain J » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:19 am

SUPER EXPLOSIVE! Really brilliant mod you made there. The gameplay, graphic, sound etc are all enhanced with extreme prejudice. Been playing this mod along with other addons for 20 minutes now. Nicely done, you're still professional with modding! Minus some problems and errors i have occurred, It was really great.
Spoiler: And speaking of problems and errors, i have some to tell right now!
And that's about it. Excellent mod in conclusion. I like this!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby -Ghost- » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 pm

osjclatchford wrote:@ghost
it's the gore file yes. But it's the frame before it fades out that determines how long it sits there.
Spoiler:

on the frames that make the bloodspots stay on the ground, change the number from 500 back to the default 1500... or bigger if wanted...

@boss_ett_311
I didn't realize the flashlight addon even effected the pistol muzzle flash. thanks for pointing out, changed file now...

Hey, sorry for the bump but this didn't work for me, blood still seems to fade just as fast after changing it to 1500. Do I change all instances, or just certain ones?
-Ghost-

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:44 am

Yeah all instances and you'll have to do the caco and bruiser blood too and that'll do it. :wink:
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:44 am

just an fyi, there's now an add-on for this to implement a more classic looking shotgun visuals for the riotgun, cos, i missed the old shotty!:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ee44cb7yc90777/mc_shotgun_skin.zip/file
Spoiler:

think: Image :D
osjclatchford

Postby VecterStroke » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 am

Do you have a thread for all of your weapon sprites
VecterStroke

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:37 am

alas no, never got round to doing that.

minor update today! yeah, I said it was done but this was just too cool to leave out! call it an early Christmas present!
inspired by duke 3d, you now create bloody footprints when walking through blood-pools from killed or crushed enemies!
but, the real novelty here is that this is zdoom engine friendly.
yes, really!
you see, as they're not actually decals or models, just sprites, they'll work in zdoom without any problems!
they seem to work ok so far, (they can seem a little buggy with more than one blood-colour pool in close proximity) but I've not tested it much so meh!

changes only made to files majorcrisis_Gz.pk3 and btsx_fix.pk3

now go make some tracks! ;D
osjclatchford

Postby Lucidnonsense » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:04 am

Ok I might be installing something wrong, but while many of the weapons seem to feature reload mechanics, I can't actually figure out a way to perform a manual reload.
Lucidnonsense

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 am

You're probably loading it fine.
No one ever said there was a manual reload.
It's Duke 3d style reloads. When it's empty, it'll reload.
And, no this will not be changed. It's intentional.

Obsessive constant reloading is for modern fps. Not doom era gaming... Just just the way I like it.
osjclatchford

Postby Lucidnonsense » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Fair enough, if it was a deliberate design decision that works, and I can understand how that would get in the way.
Lucidnonsense

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:47 am

Yeah. I think it would. To be honest it was added to the pistol as a bit of a limiter (as the pistol is faster) then it only made sense to add it to the smg as well as the smg is (in game terms) little more than a fully automatic pistol.

The way it, is the reloads can sometimes catch you out and add to tipping the balance the slight advantage of the faster or more powerful weapons have a bit.

Thanks for understanding
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 am

major update for major crisis! big changes since i last posted here

https://www.moddb.com/mods/osjcs-doom-major-crisis

(FYI I tried to update readme on the op of this but the forums kept timing out for some reason...)
osjclatchford

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods