OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:31 am

Great to witness the comeback of this mod. In my opinion this is your best work after Descent into Heresy. I am going to download this update tonight and playtest it :)
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm

@ghost
you mean the wall decals or the floor stuff. The floor stuff is not actually decals but cheapo 'fake' decals to allow zdoom compatibility. If you're desperate for longer lasting floor gore simply increase the number on the appropriate frame for the bloodsplat actor... I shan't be changing the main pack on this one as I like the way it works...
Oh and thanks regarding the lamps and torches. I was getting paranoid about those. Yeah the torches used to just show the flames and the lamps just loaded the regular versions minus the glows... That's overwriting for you; naughty! *slaps wrist* inheritance will fix that sloppy code...

@ts879
shit, you mean the disclaimer on the op, right? If so done... If not I'm not sure I follow...

@gaa1992
why thank you. That's always nice to hear! Yeah I was looking at this in the context of dih and thinking that I was finally done here. So why not do what I did with dih and get it gzdoom compatible? It's good enough to warrant it. I guess I was just being a little over critical and had deemed it not worthy of such attention.
osjclatchford

Postby a.dusty.taco » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 pm

This is great! Only issue is the Flashlight, It doesn't actually emit light, Just a picture. Although the maps do seem brighter with this, Having the flashlight work would be nice.
a.dusty.taco

Postby osjclatchford » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 am

a.dusty.taco wrote:This is great! Only issue is the Flashlight, It doesn't actually emit light, Just a picture. Although the maps do seem brighter with this, Having the flashlight work would be nice.
yeah but that's not changing. Part of my specification is that it has to work in zdoom 2.8.1. and it does (to a fashion).
Been over all this before but; The flashlight uses a_gunflash to light up rooms (an old zdoom trick from back in the day) and the sprite work is simple visual lies to make it seem more like the flashlight is actually producing the light. I'm not going to have two different versions of the mod either so the bottom line is, if it don't work in zdoom it's not going in...
Last edited by osjclatchford on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
osjclatchford

Postby Gideon020 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:53 am

Besides, plenty of actual flashlight mods or just use Dark Doom.
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:09 am

OSJC_MC_UE-FLPatch.wad
(15.43 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
a.dusty.taco wrote:This is great! Only issue is the Flashlight, It doesn't actually emit light, Just a picture. Although the maps do seem brighter with this, Having the flashlight work would be nice.

Try giving this a shot. This patch should enable GL definitions while maintaining zdoom2.8.1 compatibility.
BROS_ETT_311

Postby osjclatchford » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:33 pm

BROS_ETT_311 wrote:Try giving this a shot. This patch should enable GL definitions while maintaining zdoom2.8.1 compatibility.

this is bloody outstanding! consider this an official add-on. its getting added to the op and the moddb page asap. cant thank you enough BROS_ETT_311!

*edit*
just reuploaded to fix a minor bug in majorcrisis_Gz.pk3 turns out the pistol was not showing its muzzleflash in gzdoom like it does in zdoom. should be ok in both engines now...
osjclatchford

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:35 pm

MC_flashlight_addon.zip
(15.75 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Not a problem :D ! Here's an update to the add-on to account for the muzzle flash.
BROS_ETT_311

Postby -Ghost- » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:24 pm

osjclatchford wrote:@ghost
you mean the wall decals or the floor stuff. The floor stuff is not actually decals but cheapo 'fake' decals to allow zdoom compatibility. If you're desperate for longer lasting floor gore simply increase the number on the appropriate frame for the bloodsplat actor... I shan't be changing the main pack on this one as I like the way it works...
Oh and thanks regarding the lamps and torches. I was getting paranoid about those. Yeah the torches used to just show the flames and the lamps just loaded the regular versions minus the glows... That's overwriting for you; naughty! *slaps wrist* inheritance will fix that sloppy code...

@ts879
shit, you mean the disclaimer on the op, right? If so done... If not I'm not sure I follow...

@gaa1992
why thank you. That's always nice to hear! Yeah I was looking at this in the context of dih and thinking that I was finally done here. So why not do what I did with dih and get it gzdoom compatible? It's good enough to warrant it. I guess I was just being a little over critical and had deemed it not worthy of such attention.

Thanks, is that in the gore file, or the effects file? I was messing around with the SetFade values but it didn't seem to affect the red bloodstains/gore.
-Ghost-

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:03 pm

@ghost
it's the gore file yes. But it's the frame before it fades out that determines how long it sits there.
Spoiler:

on the frames that make the bloodspots stay on the ground, change the number from 500 back to the default 1500... or bigger if wanted...

@boss_ett_311
I didn't realize the flashlight addon even effected the pistol muzzle flash. thanks for pointing out, changed file now...
osjclatchford

Postby -Ghost- » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the tip!
-Ghost-

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:43 pm

no worries.

*minor update*

original mc_ep.zip updated
osjc_majorcrisis_ue.zip updated (debugged mc_ep.pk3 and majorcrisis_Gz.pk3 somewhat)

new file added hellrider_bike.zip - seperated into its own file so it can be used with other mods!
osjclatchford

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Any changes made to the firearms? Just checking for compatibility sake.
BROS_ETT_311

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm

No you're ok on that front. (I'd pm you first if anything does change that effects the flashlight addon...) the player defs is all that were changed (in decorate.txt) to account for the removal of the bike from ep... Besides the fact that the code that implemented the bike versions of the player view sprites was buggy as buggery! Death anims were destroyed entirely and the player sprite remained 'on bike' until you either shot or jumped. So as I was too lazy to fuck about anymore with something so pointless, it had to go. True it makes third person views of someone on a bike in the new add-on completely nonsensical, (just a really quick regular doomguy making engine sounds) but, hell it's just an afterthought add-on that'll work in any doom mod so meh, don't use it if it bothers you. I realised that it had no real place in MC in the end (the aforementioned bugs cementing this feeling in my mind even more) so I decided to ditch it from ep but give it it's own mod if purely for the sake of posterity...
osjclatchford

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Makes sense. While the hellrider does fit thematically with Sheppard's bravado, most maps don't fit the design to accommodate it properly. Still, it's a neat thing to toy with, but I get why it was ultimately scrapped.
BROS_ETT_311

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods