OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Postby Deii » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Question, how does one acquire the revolver? Or rather, is it currently implemented in the newest version? I recall doing IDFA and cycling through the slots doesn't bring it up.
Deii

Discord: Deii #0915

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:42 pm

It Shares a slot (2) with the pistol. Select the pistol. Then select it again. Will select revolver. Like the ssg and riotgun...
Can be found randomised with the chainsaw or chaingun. It's deliberately rare.

It should be in the latest version unless something hideous has happened...
osjclatchford

Postby SwiftFunk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:31 pm

LADIES AND GENTLESQUIDS HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS IT'S MOD REVIEW TIME!

Good mod.... Needs more food (JUST KIDDING!)
I liked the randomizer, it made E1M3 the hardest thing since Doom RLA on Armageddon (I think that's the hardest difficulty in that mod).
Though that may just be my bad luck.

I like the premise of the story. Garbage truck dude ftw man! It's been awhile since I saw a story about an extremely ordinary dude being the hero in the end (Or am I just blind, who knows?)

Rating: Medium Demon! YAY!

=(^.^)= <-- cat approves 11/10 would play again!

I'm trying a new style of writing, let me know if changes need to be made!

EDIT: FIRST PLAYTHROUGH FOUND THE REVOLVER SECOND LEVEL SORRY FOR CAPS!
SwiftFunk
hyperactive scatterbrain with milkshake running through my veins

Discord: IzumiDev#8865
Twitch ID: izumidev
Github ID: izumidev
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby osjclatchford » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:19 am

Thanks for that!

Yeah those trites can be a real ball buster if the randomisers are against you. Might have to look into that.
And thanks for seconding that the magnum is fine. I tested it last night in a fit of paranoia only to find it was fine and I've not destroyed the file before uploading somehow...
The story is indeed daft but I like a cheesy intro with an everyman hero... He's still a doomguy really but he's not THE doomguy... just something in an attempt to make it more than just another weapon mod...
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:25 am

minor update.

changes:
Spoiler:
osjclatchford

Postby Black Rock Shooter » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:56 pm

osjclatchford wrote:minor update.

changes:
Spoiler:

Yay, update! 10 Joseph Joestar's Nice/10.
Black Rock Shooter
(Flicks lighter)

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:43 am

Black Rock Shooter wrote:Yay, update! 10 Joseph Joestar's Nice/10.

osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:27 am

minor update:
Spoiler:
osjclatchford

Major Crisis is dead long live major crisis...

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:36 am

yes. that's a leading statement but let me explain.
after several years of development, changes and endless hours simulated combat, major crisis is now reborn as (perhaps) it should have been. as such I've temporarily re-opened development while the bug reports (that I hope are few) come in and are handled...

what I'm talking about here is the Major Crisis - Ultimate edition.

within this version you will find the collective works of the major crisis mod, including EP, and also, as an added bonus, its finally adapted for Gzdoom support.

Yes that's right after all this time its finally possible to play major crisis in gzdoom without missing features and effects. I hope! still not quite finished testing it so this may require some minor changes here and there.

so far its had a few hours of testing and changes to majorcrisis_z.pk3 (now known as majorcrisis_Gz.pk3) and btsx_fix.pk3 have allowed the mod to function in gzdoom. you can now use mc_ep.pk3, mc_monstas.pk3 and the sky and fix packs without error. you'll still get a few error messages upon start but they're not critical to gameplay or function, just gzdoom telling you that the code is badly fudged!

but, worry ye not zdoom users, it will still function in zdoom 2.8.1!

here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/93pp9ab2xz1qgy2/OSJC_MajorCrisis_UE.zip/file - Ultimate Edition
please understand that this version is intended as a replacement to the other major crisis files available. not to be run in tandem with them but instead of them... you'll figure it out I'm sure ;)

please report any bugs and I'll endeavor to fix 'em as soon as I can!

alternatively go check it out on moddb here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/osjcs-doom-major-crisis
osjclatchford

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Hell to the yes, finally a facelift! Any chance your odlskool mod will receive the same treatment?
BROS_ETT_311

Postby -Ghost- » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks for updating this! Are blood decals supposed to disappear really quickly, though? I've noticed decals last maybe 30 seconds tops, so when I come back to rooms all I see is just the bodies.
-Ghost-

Postby NullWire » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 pm

https://i.imgur.com/K6EI4k2.png

Everything is perfect but you aren't going to add that Dual rocket launcher from the Eriance's original weapons?

Also I have no problems with the new SMG, Plasma rifle, and BFG but there's a chance that you could make a small ¨addon¨ that replaces those weapons with the Eriance's ones..?
NullWire

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 am

@BROS_ETT_311
oldskool mod is +/-considered obsolete now. as ghost was astute enough to mention before, this is kind-of oldskool mod as it should have been. consider major crisis its replacement.

@Ghost
no worries. and yes, the blood decals are deliberately quick. performance for low end machines is a consideration here. (believe me I know. I cant even run the latest version of gzdoom on my machine it wont even load let alone run so I've had to use an old version to test all of this so if there's any bugs or whatever let me know!)

@nullwire, in a word: No. this is not Eriguns nor demon eclipse... in fact I've no intention to add/remove any content at all just any bugfixes from now on.

one question for you guys? are the lamps and torches working ok? when I had my big machine i had trouble getting the coronas to work but I've found with this version setting the sprites to the y billboard and replacing how the actors work seems to have done the trick.
it turns out my laptop has a quite old version of gzdoom on it. (2.4.0!) but after trying to install the latest one I've found that my machine wont run it (which seems absurd o me but meh) so as a point of fact I've no idea if all my "fixes" have actually fully worked... just let me know if you see something weird and show me a screenie or something... thanks!
osjclatchford

Postby -Ghost- » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:41 am

Is there a way to make the decals last longer? I'm okay with them fading over the course of a longer map if they need to, but it feels weird to see it go away so quickly. Which part of the file would I need to go through in SLADE to increase the decal timers for myself? You've got some great effects in there, it's just a shame to see them disappear if you've got a PC that can handle the extra performance needs.

Lamps appear to be working correctly, I think the only thing I really noticed in GzDoom even in the old version was the torches got funky and just floated, but they seem fine now.
-Ghost-

Postby Ts879 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:21 am

eyy boss. You should reaaally update the readme section.
Ts879

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods