OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Postby JoeyTD » Mon May 22, 2017 9:54 am

I like your work, OSJC. I like so much I'm using your duke3d blood and shock-wave idea for my mod.

Just keep going.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Postby osjclatchford » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 am

thnaks joeytd.
by your mod do you mean VaF? cos thats great btw... :D
osjclatchford

Postby Major Cooke » Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm glad you took my advice to heart. Leaps and bounds better already. Keep it up.
Major Cooke
Do unto others as you would have unto you. Judge yourself first.

Postby MrDowntempo » Mon May 22, 2017 1:22 pm

osjclatchford wrote:Yeah I guess so. Guess I'm just oversensitive these days or something. I just read over all this today and reading it now I just come off like an absolute paranoid nutter. Its totally coloured the mod with an even worse name now...I'm not gonna bore you all any further with such insanity by explaining my sudden lack of vision as far as reality is concerned. I'm just gonna say. Put it all behind us and forget it I suppose. I have been doing more to this this past few days and was considering re opening the project for further development but feel a bit embarrassed to do so considering all that has been said...

*edit*
Fuck It I've re-opened it. if It gets ignored or my prior ridiculous outbursts have prejudiced you're decision to follow it or not then so be it. all I can say is yes I guess am a bit of a punk... :roll:
and yes. I have taken on some of the aforementioned suggestions. you know what? it is better now. and I'l be the first to admit I was wrong on a lot of these things. wood for the trees and all that eh? link on front page as usual...
Spoiler:

Wasn't going to try this after reading the negativity. But man, I gotta say, damn good on you for taking a step back and giving the situation another look. That ain't easy to do. I'm going to try this when I get home :)
MrDowntempo

Postby pricetagman » Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 am

Awesome mod man. That death animation when you unload an SSG at your enemy hehehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!
pricetagman

Discord: #5662

Postby osjclatchford » Thu May 25, 2017 11:43 am

pricetagman wrote:Awesome mod man. That death animation when you unload an SSG at your enemy hehehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!

Thanks! Yeah it is a bit :twisted:
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm

update! see frontpage link as usual

changelog:
Spoiler:
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Sat May 27, 2017 5:25 pm

another minor update

changelog:
Spoiler:
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:07 pm

another update.

sorta branded the mod a little with title, credit and help screens and a theme tune midi because why not? link on first page as usual...
osjclatchford

Postby NotSoHazy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm

glad to see updates to this mod
NotSoHazy

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:14 pm

cheers nsh! have another:
changes:
Spoiler:

frontpage for dl as usual...
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:15 pm

another update:

changes:
Spoiler:

frontpage for dl as usual...
osjclatchford

Postby Ts879 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:41 am

Welp I have played this mod for a good few hours and I have to say. It's really good, has some great potential. But there are a few suggestions I want to make.
First of all there is a lot of inconsistencies with the weapons. Some have reload,, some have alt fire and the fire mode switch is kinda unresponsive. It more than a bit jarring. So I have thought of a few alterations to the weaponry

Hands and Feet. Ammo cap is infinite
Fire: Punch
Alt Fire: Kick

Chainsaw. Ammo cap is Infinite
Fire: Rips enemy with chainsaw.
Alt Fire: Throws Chainsaw.

Pistol. Ammo cap is 16 per mag
Fire: Shoot Bullets in Full auto
Alt Fire: Shoots a 3 round burst

Revolver. Ammo cap is 6
Fire: Shoots Bullets in Semi Auto
Alt Fire: Shoots .410 buckshot in semi auto.

Combat Shotgun. Ammo Cap is 2
Fire: Shoots both barrels
Alt Fire: Shoots only one barrel

Riot Shotgun. Ammo Cap is 32.
Fire: Shoots buckshot in pump action.
Alt Fire: Shoots buck shot in full auto.

SMG: Ammo cap is 30
Fire: Shoots bullets in full auto
Alt Fire: Scope

Minigun. Ammo cap is 120
Fire: Shoots bullets in full auto
Alt Fire: shoots 3 bullets in full auto. ( Much lower fire rate)

Rocket Launcher. Ammo cap is 12
Fire: Fires rocket in semi auto
Alt Fire: Fires 4 rockets in semi auto

Grenade Launcher. Ammo cap is 20
Fire: Shoots a bouncy grenade in auto.
Alt Fire: Shoots 6 small bouncy grenades in semi auto like a shotgun. (Still uses 1 ammo)

Plasma Rifle. Ammo Cap is 60.
Fire: Shoots plasma orbs in full auto.
Alt fire: Shoots multiple plasma orbs like a auto shotgun.

BFG. Ammo cap is ammount of cells you have
Fire: Normal BFG fire
Alt Fire: Shoots smaller, explosive BFG orbs in full auto. (Like BFG 10000)

Serect Weapon. Ammo cap is 100 cells.
Fire: Shoots Demon Laser in semi auto. (Uses 10 cells)
Alt Fire: Scope

Wells that's it. Again it's all just ideas I came up with while playing you can just ignore them If you want. I just thought I'd​ share my opinions and ideas
Ts879

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Yeah. Shan't be doing any of that...

Weapons with mags reload. In the duke style. As That's the style I like. I personally hate these reload button mods that leave everyone pressing r every five seconds.

Weapons with, drums, belts and cells don't reload. As I don't feel it vital.

The altfires are either activation of alternative firemodes or the kick. Simple.
To be honest much of the suggestions you have made would result in serious redundancy issues regarding overlapping usefulness with other weapons. Let alone how unbalanced the gameplay would become. Sorry to say but it comes across as a bit naive... Also I can't see what you're saying about the alternative firemodes activation. You press altattack. The weapon changes mode. The xhair says which mode you're in. I don't find that jarring at all... Couldn't​ be simpler really...
osjclatchford

Postby Ts879 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

osjclatchford wrote:Yeah. Shan't be doing any of that...

Weapons with mags reload. In the duke style. As That's the style I like. I personally hate these reload button mods that leave everyone pressing r every five seconds.

Weapons with, drums, belts and cells don't reload. As I don't feel it vital.

The altfires are either activation of alternative firemodes or the kick. Simple.
To be honest much of the suggestions you have made would result in serious redundancy issues regarding overlapping usefulness with other weapons. Let alone how unbalanced the gameplay would become. Sorry to say but it comes across as a bit naive... Also I can't see what you're saying about the alternative firemodes activation. You press altattack. The weapon changes mode. The xhair says which mode you're in. I don't find that jarring at all... Couldn't​ be simpler really...

Ok boss. Whatever floats your boat. Either way this is a pretty good mod and I'll still keep my eyes on it.
Ts879

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods