OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: OSJCLatchford's DooM - Major Crisis

Postby NotSoHazy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Very, VERY pleasurable mod with great potential
It's quite sad to hear that you have terminated the development
NotSoHazy

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 pm

NotSoHazy wrote:Very, VERY pleasurable mod with great potential
It's quite sad to hear that you have terminated the development

Thanks. To be honest it was finished when it was released. I just added that to the op to make that clear...
osjclatchford

Postby wildweasel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 pm

osjclatchford wrote:Just WOW!
I'm gone for a couple of days and this is the response?
What a pinikity, whiney lot you are eh?
Seriously, the level of negativity here astounds me. :shock:
please don't get me wrong, I'm not after gushing tirades of adoration but this is actually incredibly disheartening...

I don't really know - I didn't really pick up on people outright trashing the mod, I'm mostly seeing suggestions. Maybe the tone could be misconstrued in a couple of cases, but to say it's all too negative? I can't help but wonder if there is some deeper seated issue here, outside of just the criticism.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Spaceman333 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm more confused why osjc even cares so strongly. If I made a mod that I wanted to play, I would just share it so others can enjoy it too, but however its recieved is outside my ability to control. With his responses, it looks like there is a strong attachment for approval from others. Seems like the mod was made for other purposes, like recognition and fame, rather than just for the sake of having a fun mod worth playing. :/
Spaceman333

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:49 pm

That is beyond hilarious. And i cant express how far from the truth... :lol:
If i wanted fame I'd become a celebrity or something. Not mod a game that's over twenty years old. :roll: No deep seated issues. Those guys voiced their opinions. I voiced mine... Simple.
osjclatchford

Postby Doomenator » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm

osjclatchford wrote:That is beyond hilarious. And i cant express how far from the truth... :lol:
If i wanted fame I'd become a celebrity or something. Not mod a game that's over twenty years old. :roll: No deep seated issues. Those guys voiced their opinions. I voiced mine... Simple.
Judging by your reaction you shouldn't upload what you do for personal use. Do not hurt your psyche.
Regarding the flashlight in zdoom 2.8.1 nothing has changed, it looks even worse. Because I wrote comments exclusively from the point of view of the user.
Sorry that I did not read readme. :)
Doomenator
Banned User

Postby GAA1992 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:00 pm

I liked the mod.

I also think this fight is useless. Calm down guys.
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby Spaceman333 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 pm

osjclatchford wrote:That is beyond hilarious. And i cant express how far from the truth... :lol:

I guessed wrong then.

So do you simply feel frustrated that people seem to point out more whats wrong with the mod rather than whats right with the mod?
Is there a desire for gratitude for your hard work?
Spaceman333

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Not really... This is really not worth all this attention...
osjclatchford

Postby JoeyTD » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 pm

I was gonna leave my opinion about this mod but after see that little show .... yea no.
Last edited by JoeyTD on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Postby Spaceman333 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:16 pm

osjclatchford wrote:Not really... This is really not worth all this attention...

Stay with me, this could help framing the OP to prevent the feedback you don't want to see and avoid frustration.

One more try. There is a desire for some respect for other users accepting the mod as it is, without people trying to ask for it to change to their own tastes/preferences?
Spaceman333

Postby Freya Mánibrandr » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:34 am

I have no idea what latchford is on about, this is actually very nice feedback, even by zdoom forum standards, for a promising mod.
Freya Mánibrandr

Postby Kinsie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:30 am

This mod was pretty decent, if flawed, and I was going to suggest ways to improve it (indeed, I talked about about it on the next episode of the Intermission podcast!) but now I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for Duke: Major Crisis instead.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Zenon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 pm

I like the look of this
You're going places :)
Zenon
Fun and games

Postby -Ghost- » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Kinsie wrote:This mod was pretty decent, if flawed, and I was going to suggest ways to improve it (indeed, I talked about about it on the next episode of the Intermission podcast!) but now I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for Duke: Major Crisis instead.

You should post your feedback, it'd be interesting to see your take on it, you're a great Doom modder.
-Ghost-

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods