BoomPower

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: BoomPower

Postby unRyker » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:01 pm

This mod's alt-title should be 'Boom^0xffffff'--oh this mod is too epic... I never knew that pure chaos would be so satisfying and soothing! Any future plans you'd like to tell us about for this?
unRyker

Discord: UndeadRyker#6128

Postby Doomguy5th » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Spoiler: Shit I actually got to 1 Million

The best part is that afterwards, the mod just gave up and decided that it wasn't gonna record 1 million and 683 as my max boom combo. A few times getting over x600 I got weird text in rainbow color that says "Boom Combo" or something like that?
Doomguy5th

Postby eflfe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 am

Spaceman333 wrote:
Doomguy5th wrote:Also if you guys want to run this mod with others, open up the WAD file with SLADE3 (it doesn't really matter what version), find the KEYCONF, and just comment out where it "clears player classes"

With this method, are you still able to use the Kamikaze Pukan (automatic nuke blast if you die) item?

I saw that it was tied to a new player class that the mod adds, the "Boom_Player", which has the code responsible for making it work. So if I play with the Russian Overkill classes, then I'd end with an items spawning in the game that is totally useless. Right?

The replacement of the player was made for the player's explosion after death, and Kamikaze Pukan for vanilla (and md).

Spaceman333 wrote:Theres an interesting feature in this mod that isn't mentioned anywhere, is that the fireball item and the firewall item have 3 power levels each. If I have 3 or more of either item, I will use up 3 units of that item for a BIG version of that item. For fireball, I'll throw a mega fireball instead of a medium fireball (if I only have 2 units of the item) or a small fireball if I only have 1 unit left. Same for firewall.*

Oh yes I forgot about this ... secret (because I often play in the sixth version). I did not like this idea and I divided the fireballs into three parts (besides FireWall).

unRyker wrote:This mod's alt-title should be 'Boom^0xffffff'--oh this mod is too epic... I never knew that pure chaos would be so satisfying and soothing! Any future plans you'd like to tell us about for this?

Thanks) Good idea XD
Future plans? There are not many of them. I want this mod to be simple enough. I plan to add a DM version soon.

Doomguy5th wrote:
Spoiler: Shit I actually got to 1 Million

The best part is that afterwards, the mod just gave up and decided that it wasn't gonna record 1 million and 683 as my max boom combo. A few times getting over x600 I got weird text in rainbow color that says "Boom Combo" or something like that?

It's just that you have so many score. I did this so that the text would not be so long (and did not go for 0xFFFFFF).
eflfe

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm

eflfe wrote:Video:
Spoiler:

Fixed Youtube link, for anyone who wants a look. (You only need to apply the jumble of code at the end of the URL in Youtube tags.)

That being said,
HORY SHET ITS MICHAEL BAY
Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Discord: Man of Doom#4046

Postby eflfe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
eflfe wrote:Video:
Spoiler:

Fixed Youtube link, for anyone who wants a look. (You only need to apply the jumble of code at the end of the URL in Youtube tags.)

That being said,
HORY SHET ITS MICHAEL BAY

Thank you. I did not immediately understand how the YouTube tag works.
eflfe

Postby Lime » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:37 am

EXPLOSIONS!!!!
Lime
(Staring........)

Postby BerserkerNoir » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:16 pm

This with RO is a stress killer!
BerserkerNoir

Discord: BerserkerNoir#7735
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Spaceman333 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I've been tweaking the mod while playing with Russian Overkill and have come up with... *drum roll*
ImageBoomPower Plus Edition!!!Image

http://www.filedropper.com/boompowerv6plusedition

Changes:
  • Now compatible with Russian Overkill and any other mods that add custom classes.
  • Changed names of items and added tags, so they don't look unprofessional (FireWallAroundINV is now Boom Fire Nova and so on.).
  • Fire Nova (previously Firewall) now grants a 5 second shield of invulnurability, so the firewall doesn't end up killing you (due to removal of boom player class that originally gave immunity to fire, in order to make the mod work for Russian Overkill and other mods).
  • Added an onscreen message and orange color filter whenever Fire Nova item is used, to let you know when its on and how long you are invincible.
  • Increased speed of fireball projectile.
  • All fireballs are now always Tier 3 fireballs.
  • Increased speed of pocket nuke, so you can toss it farther and be more tactical with it.
  • Max items and Item drop amounts are now higher. (Balanced for Russian Overkill).
  • MAX: 90 Fireballs (uses 3 per activation, so 30 fireballs can be carried at once).
  • MAX: 60 Fire Novas (uses 3 per activation, so 20 fire novas can be carried at once).
  • MAX: 10 Pocket Nukes.
  • Kamikaze Pukan item removed (No idea how to make this work without a custom class).

I have played with this version through four 32 map oblige megawads with 800 monsters per level with Russian Overkill and I think I've perfected the BoomPower experience. It works and feels much better now.

EXTREME!
Spaceman333

Postby hammer oz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Using this mod brings a tear to my eye :wub:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEizJ-TWua0[youtube]
hammer oz
the classics will always be remembered :)

Postby Niwatorry » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Someone should make this thing compatible with 10x mod.
Niwatorry

Postby VladTopol1706 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:59 pm

What version is compatible with Zandronum and what version is the newest?
VladTopol1706

Postby Spaceman333 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 am

VladTopol1706 wrote:What version is compatible with Zandronum and what version is the newest?

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addo ... nloadsform

No idea if its compatible with Zandy, but the link above is an unofficial latest, most up to date, enhanced version of this mod.
Spaceman333

Postby Wisecrack34 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:12 pm

I find loading it up with Abort and Bolognese can be a *blast*
Wisecrack34

Postby Wisecrack34 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Sadly the game crashes when you try to show a magic trick to the soldiers
Wisecrack34

Postby HorrorMovieGuy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:18 pm

oh wow, this is actually really fun!
Although I had to comment out the Nashgore stuff to get a better experience out of it in Slaughtermaps(which actually go really well with this mod, turning the slow and methodical approach of slaughtermaps into a fast paced shit show of explosions). Would be neat if there was an option to turn those on/off at will.
HorrorMovieGuy
Witch cat that lives in the swamp

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods