ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Postby 007kingifrit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:35 am

I just installed alpha 8 and wanted to give some feedback

1. the photeus (i'm spelling that wrong) dynamo and bio rifle (the green balls that splatter) are misaligned, the weapon should be farther over to the right of the screen because that's where the weapon model stops. this doesn't apply to the bio rifle when you have 2 of it

2. does monster infighting reset itself between levels? i set it to -1 but it seems to go off between levels

3. the alt fire of the plasma rifle consumes the same ammo as the regular fire but is more powerful and has a ricochet effect, seems like it should cost more

4. the dynamo is pretty OP, it covers a huge area in damage, consumes almost no ammo, and kills even cyber demon class monsters pretty easy, i think it might be hitting each target too many times, or else it just needs a nerf as it makes it pointless to discover other weapons after you find this bad boy

5. the font has gotten really small on the text in the middle of the screen, i can't read weapon pickups or the results of the dice rolls
007kingifrit

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:12 am

1. This mod is oooooold dude. I'm well aware.

2. No idea. That's an engine thing, not a mod thing.

3. Maybe.

4. It needs a complete overhaul. Sure it's good at eliminating single targets but it's not that good for anything else.

5. You can change your font size in the menus.
Major Cooke
The road to Hell is paved in the carrion she leaves behind.

Discord: Major Cooke#0846

Postby 007kingifrit » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:33 pm

so i ran into the death bringer and he fires these projectiles that are like metal balls. I don't think they ever despawn, no matter how long i run they follow me perfectly and forever.

and those floor blade things that can only be attacked when they rise up. my bunny bombs keep trying to blow up on them when they are in the ground which wastes them all
007kingifrit

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:35 pm

They do disappear after a time. You just have to keep running around and either lead them into other enemies or wait for them to expire.

Honestly, I'm tempted to replace the floor blades. I never liked them, but I'll see about fixing it so bunnies don't blow up on them. For the time being, don't deploy them if any are around. All you can do for now.
Major Cooke
The road to Hell is paved in the carrion she leaves behind.

Discord: Major Cooke#0846

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods